Honest Men vs. Harry Wraggs

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

The question I would be asking is; will Thistle bring few enough fans to chuck them in the stand and let us in behind both goals...

Also on top of rb123 comments I don’t think we could because we have away team crossing the terracing  too 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Also on top of rb123 comments I don’t think we could because we have away team crossing the terracing  too 

There would be a way around that tbh, in terms of waiting for the teams to enter the pitch before the gate opens but yeah seems like it isn’t happening anyway.

4 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I really hope the team don’t go into this with the attitude it is a dead rubber. Doing that has the makings of disaster written all over it.

Memories of the Morton / Brian Wake last game of season dead rubber for us / must win for them, during McCall's last tenure. A similar performance and it could get twitchy.

9 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

There would be a way around that tbh, in terms of waiting for the teams to enter the pitch before the gate opens but yeah seems like it isn’t happening anyway.

Looks like they will buy  more tickets than their part of the stand hold , so looking no chance of Ayr fans getting behind both goals 

Bringing my cousin born in Maidens but lived in Florida the last 40 years but still a big Ayr fan to the game. 

Joining us is his FLA pal who has never been to a 'soccer' game in his life as far as I know, and who is currently on his flight blissfully unaware of what is to come.  He's here for golf and hospitality tickets to Liverpool v Spurs next week so delighted for a wee taste of real fitba to start with.  

Prediction - 1-1.     Ayr then only 4 draws and 2 penalty shoot out wins from safety. 

McCall will defo rest  his Talisman Tiffoney and possibly Docherty for there play off games, but I don’t believe for a minute he will put out a team that won’t be trying, he’ll love putting one over us as we fairly rubbed it into them pre Shankland days he won’t have forgotten believe you me.  They have scored 9 goals in the three games against us so pretty worried about Friday gonna be a rollercoaster for sure.

12 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

McCall will defo rest  his Talisman Tiffoney and possibly Docherty for there play off games, but I don’t believe for a minute he will put out a team that won’t be trying, he’ll love putting one over us as we fairly rubbed it into them pre Shankland days he won’t have forgotten believe you me.  They have scored 9 goals in the three games against us so pretty worried about Friday gonna be a rollercoaster for sure.

It would be unprofessional for a manager of any team to put out a side that won’t be trying, so obviously he’ll not do that. However I think that’s actually wide off the mark from McCall’s actual view and his comments in the build up to this game (and his actions with the media post 4-0 at Somerset game) reflect that.  

Thistle fans will love putting (another) one over you though. 

Archie's pre-match interview pretty much confirming Tiffoney and Graham will miss this one and hopefully be ready for Tuesday, if we've to have any chance over the 2 legs vs ICT we need both of those players back and firing I'd reckon.

My team for friday

GK - McAdams

RB - Muirhead

CB - McGinty

CB - Baird

LB - Reading

RM - O’Connor

CM - Murdoch

CM - McInroy

LM - Ashford

ST - Adeloye

ST - Bryden

prediction: 2-2 us scoring first then shitting bed start of second half then get a late scrappy goal at the end and then Dunfermline comfortably beat QOS and we’re in the playoffs

10 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

My team for friday

GK - McAdams

RB - Muirhead

CB - McGinty

CB - Baird

LB - Reading

RM - O’Connor

CM - Murdoch

CM - McInroy

LM - Ashford

ST - Adeloye

ST - Bryden

prediction: 2-2 us scoring first then shitting bed start of second half then get a late scrappy goal at the end and then Dunfermline comfortably beat QOS and we’re in the playoffs

Kinda agree, would rather Muirhead at CB and Fjortoft at RB. Muirhead at RB gave me the fear at Palmerston.

Bottom line I don't think Ayr will sink via the playoffs.

Some fairly gubbins outfits have overcome challenging play-off oponents in recent years.

Queens Park will probably be dealt with relatively comfortably imo.

Airdrie and Montrose are good teams but over two legs I would fancy Ayr against either of them.

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

Bottom line I don't think Ayr will sink via the playoffs.

Some fairly gubbins outfits have overcome challenging play-off oponents in recent years.

Queens Park will probably be dealt with relatively comfortably imo.

Airdrie and Montrose are good teams but over two legs I would fancy Ayr against either of them.

giphy-3.gif.96c79be8632b55a79ec5872399d91a9c.gif