Honest Men vs. Harry Wraggs

36 minutes ago, stravaigar said:

unfortunately I have no interest in Football in this league ..............

Why so glum ?…the eclectic delights of Airdrie,Alloa and Falkirk await !

Edited by I Clavdivs

You never know with McCall he's taken a fair bit of abuse since leaving us so might be itching to get one over and send us to the playoffs, on the other hand Partick are 99% guaranteed the playoffs so I can see him resting a few and not being bothered if Ayr gets a 1-0 victory.

Why is a QoS fan starting this thread? 🤔

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1650730318714.thumb.jpg.9a83155441d0d803fe9b25b3b434b3bb.jpg

Anyway, game-wise probably another defeat for the plucky Honest Men. 

The league was won by a very average KFC team. We've hung onto 4th spot just about. 

Didn't play great yesterday but that was against a Pars side that have caused us a lot more problems than Ayr have came close to causing us this season.

Ayr should be "fired uo" for this but as said I think McCall will look to be as competitive as possible as it isn't quite a dead rubber for us.

Would be nice to score a couple of goals and gain at least a point to send us into the play-offs.

Going by recent form we have better results despite being dugmeat so I'd expect at least a draw unless we are sending out kids from the youth squad 

Ayr Utd 1 Partick Thistle 2 (lol)

37 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Didn't play great yesterday but that was against a Pars side that have caused us a lot more problems than Ayr have came close to causing us this season.

Think the only problem we caused you in the 4-0 fisting at Somerset was confusion as it was so easy. Have the fear from this game already, going to be a nervous Friday night.

100% comes down to which Ayr team turns up on the night. Watched most of the game at Palmerston in disbelief at the number of chances they had to bury us. 

Defensively Reading and McGinty are must starts for me. I'd be inclined to start Fjortoft at RB and pull a name out of a hat for RCB. Baird and Muirhead looked pretty even yesterday, not in a positive way. 

I'd presume Graham and Tiffoney won't be in the squad to give them the best chance of being fit for the first playoff game, and any others who are carrying knocks won't start but I don't think this will be a total reserve / youth team, can't take the risk of a 4-0 pumping allowing Raith a more realistic goal target. 

That said, I'd assume Ayr would be happy with a "disgrace of Gijon" 1-0 type game so if they did get a couple ahead would just sit on it. 

On the other hand, if players are into record chasing, the last time we won all 4 league games against a team was vs Cowdenbeath in 2012-13, and Sneddon equalled the club clean sheet record in a season with 17 yesterday so obviously one more and he holds it himself. 

Edited by Fuctifano

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Think the only problem we caused you in the 4-0 fisting at Somerset was confusion as it was so easy. Have the fear from this game already, going to be a nervous Friday night.

100% comes down to which Ayr team turns up on the night. Watched most of the game at Palmerston in disbelief at the number of chances they had to bury us. 

Defensively Reading and McGinty are must starts for me. I'd be inclined to start Fjortoft at RB and pull a name out of a hat for RCB. Baird and Muirhead looked pretty even yesterday, not in a positive way. 

Reading was shocking yesterday, how Collum never have QOS a penalty when he dragged someone down before HT is mystifying. 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

You never know with McCall he's taken a fair bit of abuse since leaving us so might be itching to get one over and send us to the playoffs, on the other hand Partick are 99% guaranteed the playoffs so I can see him resting a few and not being bothered if Ayr gets a 1-0 victory.

Yeah, but the guys who actually turn out for Thistle on the night, may not want to roll over and have their bellies tickled.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Reading was shocking yesterday, how Collum never have QOS a penalty when he dragged someone down before HT is mystifying. 

The problem at LB is who do you start there if he is out. I thought Maxwell was incredibly poor yesterday as well and I'm not sure it would be right to throw Finn into a game like this. A high pressure game ended Jackson Longridge at the club years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

The problem at LB is who do you start there if he is out. I thought Maxwell was incredibly poor yesterday as well and I'm not sure it would be right to throw Finn into a game like this. A high pressure game ended Jackson Longridge at the club years ago. 

In an ideal world Maxwell at lefty back, Smith (who I think deserves a shot in midfield) McInroy and Murdoch centre mid with O’Connor Adeloye and Ashford up front.