Pars vs. Doonhamers

8 hours ago, CallumPar said:

They’ve reopened section L in the NW, now that the rest of the stand has sold out. Imagine those tickets will go quite quickly.

2 seats left now. Some turn out

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The squad McIntyre had was absolutely terrible, surely there's no way you were overpaying with those guys. I thought he did reasonably well considering what he had available that year, definitely better than Jefferies managed once he came in.

Remember reading on here that Andy Dowie was getting £1200 a week in Division One so I'd say aye we probably did.

Between 21st August and 20th January that season under McIntyre we won exactly one league match, so can only assume you think JJ was the worst manager in football history during his eight games in charge.

Did John Yorkston not come out with some wild revelation about that 11/12 season that you'd budgeted for an average attendance of 6000 or something like that, which of course you got nowhere near?

Signing a squad filled with utter shite doesn't necessarily mean you weren't also paying well over the going rate for them: I present to you Falkirk FC 2021/22.

Genuine question - who has managed in the championship in the last five years or so who you would be genuinely excited at us getting?
Just looking at who managed in the league during AJ's last season for us and he is hardly the only duffer in there. Only Jim Goodwin and John Robertson are obvious upgrades imo. 
While recent appointments leave a lot to be desired this maybe just reflects what is in the budget of a middling championship club nowadays.
Ian Mccall but no danger could we prise him from Thistle.

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Did John Yorkston not come out with some wild revelation about that 11/12 season that you'd budgeted for an average attendance of 6000 or something like that, which of course you got nowhere near?

I actually think it was 8k. There's definitely a fan base there for that, but we were never going to be getting anywhere near that. Don't think it even touched 4k possibly? A bit of a poo season. 

Yorkston and Masterton inexplicably believed we'd be getting massive crowds in the SPL when we returned in 2000. They actually thought that fans would flock to the all seater East End because it was a new, shiny, all seater ground. There was zero basis for this. They actually considered building the NW to the same height as the Norrie. 

Madness.

Edited by DA Baracus

Maybe I'm overly cynical,  but looking back at things of the Masterton era,  I have my suspicions that the over spending was done deliberately, It meant when they announced losses eyes were on the playing squad and not at what they were taking out the back door. 

Just now, parsforlife said:

Maybe I'm overly cynical,  but looking back at things of the Masterton era,  I have my suspicions that the over spending was done deliberately, It meant when they announced losses eyes were on the playing squad and not at what they were taking out the back door. 

I doubt they made money from the club. It's not as easy as the chairman and/or board members dipping the club account.

But then Masterton was a shady banker c**t, so if anyone knew how to do it, it was him.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I doubt they made money from the club. It's not as easy as the chairman and/or board members dipping the club account.

But then Masterton was a shady banker c**t, so if anyone knew how to do it, it was him.

There was alot of shady shit going on towards the end.  Yorkston was taking £3k a week out as a wage and turning round to the players and saying they would only get part wages that month.  With things like that, Masterton taking us to court trying to prevent the club exciting admin etc.  If they were doing it when we were on our knees what's to say it wasn't being done from the start?

Things like masterton building on eagle glen,  he says that payed for the ground redevelopments, I'm not so sure, given the big boom in banks handing out loans in the 90's/00's was built on the idea that clubs were upgrading their grounds.

Debt upon debt,  pretended he was bankrupt but happened to have a place in switzerland to run off too, he was as dodgy as they got.

Masterton made an absolute fortune at the bank, more than he'd ever be able to skin off us vi's essentially his own bank. 

He was just a fucking idiot when it came to actually running the club. Bankers are the worst business owners and/or accountants and he's a classic example. 

What's the combination these days?

I’d be very surprised if John Yorkston  made any money from Dunfermline and if anything, I am led to believe he used money from his other companies to prop up the Pars towards the end.

I’ve met him a few times and he’s a decent guy who clearly cared about the Pars. He was naive and too trusting in a complete charlatan like Masterton though.

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I’ve met him a few times and he’s a decent guy who clearly cared about the Pars. He was naive and too trusting in a complete charlatan like Masterton though.

Aye, I eventually felt sorry for Yorkston, totally had the wool pulled over his eyes. 

Masterton is an utter c**t though. 

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Leon Jones comes in from nowhere last week, does an ok job and is not even on the bench tonight.

Going to assume he's picked up a knock...

Just said that to my mate. Except the last sentence. Hughes was talking about him during the week and bigging him up.

Just said that to my mate. Except the last sentence. Hughes was talking about him during the week and bigging him up.

Can’t be arsed looking for it but didn’t you quote me the other day joking about no even being in the squad? [emoji23]