Pars vs. Doonhamers

Since admin we have tried the following:
  • Potter - The sentimental, cheap, "already at the club" option. Massive failure.
  • AJ - Can only do well with a big fish in a small pond. Absolutely hopeless at any competent level, and should have been punted in 2018 instead of getting a 2 year deal. Another massive waste of money.
  • Crawford - Very similar to Potter. Good with identifying talent, but another man chosen as he was cheap option, already at the club, sentimental etc etc. A failure that was way out his depth.
  • Grant - Holy suffering f*ck. We will never get an answer by those in charge, will we? How on Earth did they give this job to a bumbling moron, that has been utter dross anywhere he has been? Quite simply the worst manager in our history. 
  • Hughes - Walking cliche. Another one that is past it and can't get to grips with modern football. 
So, that's either utter morons out their depth we have appointed, or just coaches who were already at the club. The AJ one made sense for getting us out League 1, but he should have been swiftly punted thereafter. 
Why have the powers that be made such terrible decisions the past ten years? It is no wonder we are where we are. This has been coming for years. Complete and utter shambles. One of the biggest budgets consistently in the Championship and we have absolutely c*nted it. It's really quite stunning to think how bad these guys have got it at the top at EEP. 

Aye but they saved us from admin and have been doing the job on a voluntary basis!

33 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Since admin we have tried the following:

• Potter - The sentimental, cheap, "already at the club" option. Massive failure.
  • AJ - Can only do well with a big fish in a small pond. Absolutely hopeless at any competent level, and should have been punted in 2018 instead of getting a 2 year deal. Another massive waste of money.
  • Crawford - Very similar to Potter. Good with identifying talent, but another man chosen as he was cheap option, already at the club, sentimental etc etc. A failure that was way out his depth.
  • Grant - Holy suffering f*ck. We will never get an answer by those in charge, will we? How on Earth did they give this job to a bumbling moron, that has been utter dross anywhere he has been? Quite simply the worst manager in our history. 
  • Hughes - Walking cliche. Another one that is past it and can't get to grips with modern football. 

So, that's either utter morons out their depth we have appointed, or just coaches who were already at the club. The AJ one made sense for getting us out League 1, but he should have been swiftly punted thereafter. 

Why have the powers that be made such terrible decisions the past ten years? It is no wonder we are where we are. This has been coming for years. Complete and utter shambles. One of the biggest budgets consistently in the Championship and we have absolutely c*nted it. It's really quite stunning to think how bad these guys have got it at the top at EEP. 

Would disagree a bit about Johnston, at least until the playoffs. He had us doing fairly well, in a stronger league, and got us to the playoffs. Until then he was taking us forward every season. I can see the argument for extending his contract after that, but 2 years was too much, and keeping proved to be a mistake. I recall some saying he shouldn't have kept on, but more were saying he deserved at least another year after the playoffs (which he fucked with some daft decisions). His summer recruitment was so shite. Just abysmal players mostly.

Crawford was an odd one. Sometimes we played decent stuff and he had a really eye for signings, but then we'd turn in awful performances. He also relied too heavily on loan signings too often. Ultimately he wasn't good enough though. One away win all season isn't acceptable, and too many home performances weren't either.

But aye, generally, they've got it badly wrong on the managerial front most of the time. Really hope all those picking these guys never get a say again in selecting a manager.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Didn't expect a pro-nuclear bomb take on P&B when I woke up this morning tbh.

I guess I'm biased - my Dad was on a troopship en route for the invasion of Malaya when the War ended. He was understandably delighted with the sudden conclusion! 

Serious question, are any away fans planning to make the trip up for this? Friday night would be enough to put me off such a long journey, never mind the fact they’re already relegated. Anyone making that trip is certainly more dedicated to their team than I am to mine.

It’ll almost feel worse if/when QoS score, if it’s just complete silence. Expecting even fewer away fans than Falkirk brought in May 2011. Hoping for a similar score line - think we won 3-0 that day(?).

It’s a really strange scenario. We have to go for broke and try to win comfortably. If Ayr are winning in the second half, do we just make 5 subs around the hour mark and rest players for the playoffs? If they’re winning by 2 or more at HT, do we make 5 subs then?

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Serious question, are any away fans planning to make the trip up for this? Friday night would be enough to put me off such a long journey, never mind the fact they’re already relegated. Anyone making that trip is certainly more dedicated to their team than I am to mine.

It’ll almost feel worse if/when QoS score, if it’s just complete silence. Expecting even fewer away fans than Falkirk brought in May 2011. Hoping for a similar score line - think we won 3-0 that day(?).

It’s a really strange scenario. We have to go for broke and try to win comfortably. If Ayr are winning in the second half, do we just make 5 subs around the hour mark and rest players for the playoffs? If they’re winning by 2 or more at HT, do we make 5 subs then?

It's hardly trekking across the himalayas.

I imagine there will be quite a few already booked on the travel club buses as its the last away game but I cant see many others bothering. That's more down to how bad we are than the journey. There will be plenty of central belt based Queens fans who won't bother. 

I expect it'll be the usual diehards that attend. I would have went if it meant anything but I'm not bothering now it's a glorified friendly. I expect that'll be the case for a fair chunk of people.

22 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Would disagree a bit about Johnston, at least until the playoffs. He had us doing fairly well, in a stronger league, and got us to the playoffs. Until then he was taking us forward every season. I can see the argument for extending his contract after that, but 2 years was too much, and keeping proved to be a mistake. I recall some saying he shouldn't have kept on, but more were saying he deserved at least another year after the playoffs

This is spot on a 1 year deal with an extension clause for reaching 2nd would have been more sensible. Let's be honest it wouldn't have been a great shame if he had said no I want 2 year deal or I walk.

22 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Really hope all those picking these guys never get a say again in selecting a manager.

Yogi installed for 20 years or the entire boardroom for the chop? I'm not sure which is more bizzare tbh :lol:

Anyway for I think the 4th game in a row it looks like the North West will sell out, which is tremendous.

37 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is spot on a 1 year deal with an extension clause for reaching 2nd would have been more sensible. Let's be honest it wouldn't have been a great shame if he had said no I want 2 year deal or I walk.

Yogi installed for 20 years or the entire boardroom for the chop? I'm not sure which is more bizzare tbh :lol:

Anyway for I think the 4th game in a row it looks like the North West will sell out, which is tremendous.

Aye the negotiations from the club haven't been good enough. They need to build in incentives rather than chucking out stupid contracts. Structure things whereby if a manager gets to a certain position he could get an extension or something like that.

Hughes getting an 18 month deal was a disgrace. It should have been he could get an extension should he keep us up (although he needs punted ASAP). 

If guys like Grant and Hughes wouldn't want to have such contracts, we'd have lost precisely nothing and moved on to another candidate.

Whatever happens, there needs to be a huge rethink on how they go about recruiting managers and coaches and how they structure contracts, which is why those guilty of the Grant debacle and Hughes disgrace should be nowhere near such things again.

Aye the negotiations from the club haven't been good enough. They need to build in incentives rather than chucking out stupid contracts. Structure things whereby if a manager gets to a certain position he could get an extension or something like that.
Hughes getting an 18 month deal was a disgrace. It should have been he could get an extension should he keep us up (although he needs punted ASAP). 
If guys like Grant and Hughes wouldn't want to have such contracts, we'd have lost precisely nothing and moved on to another candidate.
Whatever happens, there needs to be a huge rethink on how they go about recruiting managers and coaches and how they structure contracts, which is why those guilty of the Grant debacle and Hughes disgrace should be nowhere near such things again.
It's hardly the "hughes disgrace" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm wondering how long a list of illustrious "candidates" we would have been reviewing last November if we stipulated that all that was on the table was an attractive 8 month "keep us up with Grants summer squad jamboree or get to f**k" deal.

Mental stuff.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Hughes disgrace

😃

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

It's hardly the "hughes disgrace" emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

The biggest disgrace the club has ever seen...

23 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm wondering how long a list of illustrious "candidates" we would have been reviewing last November if we stipulated that all that was on the table was an attractive 8 month "keep us up with Grants summer squad jamboree or get to f**k" deal.

Mental stuff.

😃

Except any candidate would clearly have been allowed to make signings, as Hughes has been. 

Edited by DA Baracus

How do you know there isn’t some sort of relegation release clause? That sort of deal would seem right to me and I kind of just assumed there would be one. Given the position we were in when he took over, I’d be very disappointed if there isn’t. It’s not exactly something a club would announce along with the appointment though.

I can understand why you’d assume there isn’t, given the club’s recent history with contracts. But I’d imagine the new owners surely have a better grasp of these things. In theory, incentive based contracts should be the norm at a club like this, but only if that doesn’t result in decent players/managers going elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

How do you know there isn’t some sort of relegation release clause? That sort of deal would seem right to me and I kind of just assumed there would be one. Given the position we were in when he took over, I’d be very disappointed if there isn’t. It’s not exactly something a club would announce along with the appointment though.

I can understand why you’d assume there isn’t, given the club’s recent history with contracts. But I’d imagine the new owners surely have a better grasp of these things. In theory, incentive based contracts should be the norm at a club like this, but only if that doesn’t result in decent players/managers going elsewhere.

I never said there wouldn't be one.

Looks like Jones is Hughes’ new favourite guid hoanest laddie. That’ll be him definitely starting on Friday. If it’s a back 5 again I’ll be out of KY12 before they finish Into the Valley.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hughes getting an 18 month deal was a disgrace.

You're a good Pars lad Baracus but you really can't help being a massive drama queen. A "disgrace" ffs.

5 hours ago, smpar said:

Looks like the NW will be as good as sold out come Friday evening. 

Just looked and there are exactly 12 tickets left for the NW.