Pars vs. Doonhamers

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Ayr haven't won a league game at home in almost four months so I'm not buying this idea they're dead certs.

I think Ayr are likely to win but it wouldn't be a shock in the slightest if they didn't.

The Thistle fan on "The Run In" thread rates our chances at 40% and that sounds about right to me.

Hard to disagree with this assessment at all really.  We've shown plenty of spirit and fight to come back from a goal or two down at times, so I don't think the team are gutless shitebags but we haven't exactly taken the game to the opposition (unless we've given them a goal or two head start).   We're at least creating plenty chances, but that counts for bugger all if you don't take them.  Going to  be tight and nervy on Friday night. 

Aye any Ayr fan who’s confident about winning needs a reality check. I don’t care if Thistle are resting players or whatever. We were dreadful in front of goal in the last two games. Only positive is that we’re creating chances and our overall play has been good in the last couple of games.

Can I gently remind those Pars fans saying Ayr will score early that they have conceded the first goal in 27 of their 35 league games so far. More often than not at they concede within the first 15 minutes of a home game. They have also yet to score against Partick this season, conceding 4 on two separate occasions. The stats are not promising from an Ayr point of view 

To be fair, after I posted I remembered you have Adeloye up front. So you’re likely relying on set pieces/own goals for you to score. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a decent striker and he caused us a lot of problems. If he could finish though, we wouldn’t have beaten you the other week.

I think there's some rule about a club's nominated ground being used for all league/SPFL games, so Queens Park have to use Firhill for the playoffs.

Think the SFA have also done away with clubs being allowed to switch grounds for a big cup tie, but maybe that was just a proposal that never went through.

Stolarczyk 

Todd

Ambrose

Jones/Breen (obviously Donaldson if fit)

Edwards

Lawless

Polworth

Pybus

Thomas

O'Hara

McCann

Stolarczyk 

Todd
Ambrose
Jones/Breen (obviously Donaldson if fit)
Edwards

Lawless
Polworth
Pybus
Thomas

O'Hara
McCann
Polworth does absolutely nothing for me like but neither do any of the other prospective centre mids so this is as good as any team I'd go with.

Polworth does absolutely nothing for me like but neither do any of the other prospective centre mids so this is as good as any team I'd go with.

Aye I’d maybe have gone for Supernintendo but he (like everyone else tbf) was pish on Saturday so I’ll go with Polworth.

Our CM options have been very poor this season.

Our midfield options apart from Pybus are all so laid back. I'm not saying that we need a bunch of leg breakers in there but at least a group of guys who have a desire to compete in 50/50s. Polworth, Chalmers, Dorrans and Cole are simply not interested in that side of the game.

Genuinely thought that would be number one priority in the winter window but we got the opposite with Chalmers. I can't believe we paid a fee for him. These are the decisions (and they're not just one offs) that are killing us. 

Utter sick of Pars squandering money hand over fist for years. The footballing decisions made at our club is utterly shocking.

Even reading DA Baracus post a little further back and the thought process that went into appointing Peter Grant.  It's beyond belief. 

Edited by Chubbychops

14 hours ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, after I posted I remembered you have Adeloye up front. So you’re likely relying on set pieces/own goals for you to score. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a decent striker and he caused us a lot of problems. If he could finish though, we wouldn’t have beaten you the other week.

For all he can be hit or miss, he is the 4th top scorer in the league.

Our midfield options apart from Pybus are all so laid back. I'm not saying that we need a bunch of leg breakers in there but at least a group of guys who have a desire to compete in 50/50s. Polworth, Chalmers, Dorrans and Cole are simply not interested in that side of the game.
Genuinely thought that would be number one priority in the winter window but we got the opposite with Chalmers. I can't believe we paid a fee for him. These are the decisions (and they're not just one offs) that are killing us. 
Utter sick of Pars squandering money hand over fist for years. The footballing decisions made at our club is utterly shocking.
Even reading DA Baracus post a little further back and the thought process that went into appointing Peter Grant.  It's beyond belief. 

Aye Pybus's ability to run around constantly is what tricks some folk in to thinking he isn't completely shite at football.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye Pybus's ability to run around constantly is what tricks some folk in to thinking he isn't completely shite at football.

And the thing is, he is probably one of our better centre mids. 

Pybus is shite. He at least tries to get in about it, which is more than the rest of our shitebag midfielders. He is still crap though. Our midfield is really, really poor. How I pine for a midfield combo of Geggan and Falkingham again. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Genuinely seems that it's been a managed decline this season, that it's been done on purpose. The Grant appointment is so baffling, and the reasons they claimed that led to it so insultingly unbelievable, that at times you wonder. The squad he was allowed to assemble is awful. I get that the board should, in general, let the manager sign who he wants, but take Jones for example. He was never going to play, since we don't have a reserve team, so why didn't someone discuss this with Grant? Or maybe they did? 

They surely couldn't have been surprised that the season ticket sales would evaporate after announcing Grant? Add to that that they barely bothered with some sort of media campaign to encourage folk back after restrictions were lifted. A wee video package of memorable moments at East End, with the crowd celebrating etc, wouldn't have been hard to do.

Then they hired Hughes, another awful appointment. They've allowed him to chuck Wighton on loan and sign utter dross. Wonder what they were thinking on Saturday as they saw a meek, tame display in a vital game in front of a large away support?

I don't think it has been a managed decline/done on purpose, but the decisions made certainly try to convince you otherwise!

Hopefully the next appointment is a good one, whenever Hughes leaves (hopefully Friday is his last game, but it won't be sadly). Hopefully the new set up will work better and smarter decisions will be made.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Then they hired Hughes, another awful appointment.

Since admin we have tried the following:

• Potter - The sentimental, cheap, "already at the club" option. Massive failure.
  • AJ - Can only do well with a big fish in a small pond. Absolutely hopeless at any competent level, and should have been punted in 2018 instead of getting a 2 year deal. Another massive waste of money.
  • Crawford - Very similar to Potter. Good with identifying talent, but another man chosen as he was cheap option, already at the club, sentimental etc etc. A failure that was way out his depth.
  • Grant - Holy suffering f*ck. We will never get an answer by those in charge, will we? How on Earth did they give this job to a bumbling moron, that has been utter dross anywhere he has been? Quite simply the worst manager in our history. 
  • Hughes - Walking cliche. Another one that is past it and can't get to grips with modern football. 

So, that's either utter morons out their depth we have appointed, or just coaches who were already at the club. The AJ one made sense for getting us out League 1, but he should have been swiftly punted thereafter. 

Why have the powers that be made such terrible decisions the past ten years? It is no wonder we are where we are. This has been coming for years. Complete and utter shambles. One of the biggest budgets consistently in the Championship and we have absolutely c*nted it. It's really quite stunning to think how bad these guys have got it at the top at EEP.