Pars vs. Doonhamers

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

If you score first you'll win.

If we score first you'll still have a very good shot at winning.

If we do win it will be a shock to me and probably all QOS fans. If you can't beat us when we have nothing to play for then I'd fear for you in the play offs. We're shite,

That about sums it up ^^^

Guest Flash
10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

If you score first you'll win.

If we score first you'll still have a very good shot at winning.

If we do win it will be a shock to me and probably all QOS fans. If you can't beat us when we have nothing to play for then I'd fear for you in the play offs. We're shite,

In games that mattered, Queens scored first 16 times and conceded first 16 times.

Scored first - P16 W7 D6 L4. Chance of winning - 43.75%. 
Conceded first P16 W0 D1 L15. Chance of winning - 0%. Chance of getting a point 6.25%.

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll probably be pretty angry if we win this game tbh given it's utterly meaningless. And yet it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Thistle to hammer Ayr and us to win this game would be almost guaranteed, did we not look so incapable if winning right now. 

Can see us being nervous as f*ck and inviting unnecessary pressure on ourselves instead of taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Ayr will no doubt score a couple early goals to kill their game and make ours a non-event. Can't say we haven't deserved to end up bottom two tbh. We have been utter, utter shite all season. We've only won 4 games all season where we looked convincing. The other 3 were scrappy as f*ck, with a bit of fortune thrown in. 

Should be able to dispatch of Queen's Park fairly easily, but Montrose/Airdrie is giving me the absolute fear. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Can see us being nervous as f*ck and inviting unnecessary pressure on ourselves instead of taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Ayr will no doubt score a couple early goals to kill their game and make ours a non-event. Can't say we haven't deserved to end up bottom two tbh. We have been utter, utter shite all season. We've only won 4 games all season where we looked convincing. The other 3 were scrappy as f*ck, with a bit of fortune thrown in. 

Should be able to dispatch of Queen's Park fairly easily, but Montrose/Airdrie is giving me the absolute fear. 

Us playing anyone at the moment gives me the fear.

When I saw the team on Saturday I thought we had a COVID out break.

God knows what Hughes and co,s team selection will be on Friday.

On the plus side it's payday and enough time to have a few beers to calm or inflame my  nerves/passion.

Coyp

Saturday was a shit show but I think we'll continue our decent home record and win this one pretty convincingly. I'd be worried McCall rests some Thistle players for the playoffs. The boy Tiffoney came of against us at HT so it's unlikely he'll play to that he has a better chance of the playoffs. My gut is telling me that despite Thistle's potential to rest players it'll finish 1-1 at Somerset.

If we don't win then I'm really worried about the playoffs. We certainly have more quality but we're playing against teams full of confidence. Something we lack.

We have enough about us to be dispatching teams in League 1 over two legs, but when you look at Airdrie, they have been challenging all season, and have been consistently better than every other team in the league bar Cove. They'll be confident, as too will Montrose, but I'd fancy Airdrie to win that tie. Our team has no confidence whatsoever, and if we face a scenario where we end up 9th place due to a late goal, it's going to knock the stuffing right out us. That makes the world a difference in these situations. 

We've had some major f**k-ups in these play-off situations in recent years. Not even confident we can beat a team already relegated, that has been utter dung all season in all honesty before that even takes place.

Are the play-offs next week? 

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

First leg will be at Firhill on Wednesday 4th May - Partick have their first tie at Firhill on Tuesday 3rd.

Surely to f*ck the Queens Park match can be played somewhere else? Firhill is an absolute hole of a place at the moment. 

Surely to f*ck the Queens Park match can be played somewhere else? Firhill is an absolute hole of a place at the moment. 

That’s Queens Park’s home ground this season, whether we like it or not. They would have nothing to gain from moving it. Would imagine they might put us behind the goal as well. Coyle and Potter will be aware of the size of crowd we could take and will be keen to limit the atmosphere we can create.

QP are playing Ayr or Dunfermline the day after Thistle play The Caley? Surely not.

Same had to happen in the Scottish cup earlier in the season. Our game with Partick was moved to the Friday, because Queens Park we’re also drawn at home. Queens Park have also had some games on Sundays, when Partick were at home on the Saturday - including one at the start of this month.

56 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Same had to happen in the Scottish cup earlier in the season. Our game with Partick was moved to the Friday, because Queens Park we’re also drawn at home. Queens Park have also had some games on Sundays, when Partick were at home on the Saturday - including one at the start of this month.

A good example of why ground sharing only really works with teams in the same league. One is at home while the other is away every match day.

Can I gently remind those Pars fans saying Ayr will score early that they have conceded the first goal in 27 of their 35 league games so far. More often than not at they concede within the first 15 minutes of a home game. They have also yet to score against Partick this season, conceding 4 on two separate occasions. The stats are not promising from an Ayr point of view 

Ayr haven't won a league game at home in almost four months so I'm not buying this idea they're dead certs.

I think Ayr are likely to win but it wouldn't be a shock in the slightest if they didn't.

The Thistle fan on "The Run In" thread rates our chances at 40% and that sounds about right to me.