Darvel FC Thread

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

Darvel 

Cumnock 

Clydebank 

Glenafton 

Irvine Meadow 

Darvel played Clydebank, Glenafton were at Troon. Cumnock v Talbot is on Saturday 11th March and Meadow v Talbot is on Saturday 6th May.

Are you suggesting I postpone a Saturday game just to give Talbot a midweek game. I don't think Cumnock or Meadow would thank me for that.

2 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Darvel played Clydebank, Glenafton were at Troon. Cumnock v Talbot is on Saturday 11th March and Meadow v Talbot is on Saturday 6th May.

Are you suggesting I postpone a Saturday game just to give Talbot a midweek game. I don't think Cumnock or Meadow would thank me for that.

With 18 League games and still in 2 cups and 13 Saturdays left after this week I'd say yes. 

24 minutes ago, andy25 said:

With 18 League games and still in 2 cups and 13 Saturdays left after this week I'd say yes. 

Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid I'll stick with trying to find dates for games that are already postponed rather than postpone games just to fill up a Wednesday.

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The weather is a big factor though. A lot of the old boys are not going to come out when it's so cold. As the previous post has said, a late summer/early Autumn evening is much more appealing.

Another factor I don't think has been mentioned is the the fact that games are now starting at anything up to 8pm....I'm certainly not advocating we go back to the bad old "Satan's incandescence" days, but a lot of time you'd take a flyer on a random 6.30-7pm kickoff game on the way back from work or whatever. Once I'm back home - or indeed if I've been working from home that day - I find myself a lot more CBA about heading back out unless the game's mega-local.

22 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid I'll stick with trying to find dates for games that are already postponed rather than postpone games just to fill up a Wednesday.

Hopefully be some new fixtures up soon then .

South Challenge Cup matches this weekend, Scottish Junior Cup quarter finals the following weekend, and WoSFL Cup last 16 coming up later in the month.

Once those are clear Kennie will be able to fill in a lot of gaps. At the moment a lot of future dates are pencilled in for the next round of the cups, and Kennie needs to wait to see who's in them.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

South Challenge Cup matches this weekend, Scottish Junior Cup quarter finals the following weekend, and WoSFL Cup last 16 coming up later in the month.

Once those are clear Kennie will be able to fill in a lot of gaps. At the moment a lot of future dates are pencilled in for the next round of the cups, and Kennie needs to wait to see who's in them.

I couldn't have put it any better.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Another factor I don't think has been mentioned is the the fact that games are now starting at anything up to 8pm....I'm certainly not advocating we go back to the bad old "Satan's incandescence" days, but a lot of time you'd take a flyer on a random 6.30-7pm kickoff game on the way back from work or whatever. Once I'm back home - or indeed if I've been working from home that day - I find myself a lot more CBA about heading back out unless the game's mega-local.

That’s okay for the punters, but don’t forget that the players and management staff need to be there one and a quarter hours before kickoff and kit people even before that.

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

How many cups are competed for in a season by WoSFL clubs?

11 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

How many cups are competed for in a season by WoSFL clubs?

Scottish Cup (licensed clubs only)

WoSFL Cup (all clubs)

South Region Challenge Cup (all clubs)

Strathclyde Cup (non-licensed and non-SJFA member clubs only)

Scottish Junior Cup (SJFA mrmber clubs only)

Cup Winners' Shield (Strathclyde Cup winners only)