Darvel FC Thread

4 hours ago, beaver watch said:

So does that mean Darvel could switch to Rugby Park. 

I would think that would only be the case if the ground didn’t meet certain criteria to hold the match, I’m hearing that there are measures being taken to ensure the game is at Darvel.

Here's the wording of the rule :-

Rule 10.4 - "A Home Club shall notify the Board in the event that it considers that its Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match. The Board may, itself, determine that a Home Club’s Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match. The Board has complete and sole authority to make such a determination either on its own motion or consequentially upon notification from a Club. In making a determination as to suitability of a Registered Ground for the playing of a Match, the Board may have regard to the criteria in Competition Rule 11 but it may also have regard to any other factor(s) it considers relevant. In the event that the Board makes a determination that a Registered Ground is unsuitable for the playing of a Match, then the Match in question shall be played at such alternative Registered Ground as is determined by the Board. In such circumstances the Clubs drawn to play in that Match shall, for all other purposes, retain their respective statuses of Home Club and Away Club as originally drawn."

So, to answer the question, no the match does not need to take place at Darvel just because they have a Scottish FA licence. However, they also cannot just decide to move it to somewhere else that they decide, the Scottish FA Board would decide where the game would be played if Recreation Park was not deemed to be suitable.

Can see why he wants the game at darvel, it’s the pinnacle of their endeavours so far if his early interviews are to be believed. Noise aside it’s about him, his dad and the town and bringing one of the biggest clubs in the land to the town with all the media attention that goes with it, will be a massive tick on the achievements list. Hopefully it’s a spot light for the town and club and not just about the personalities involved imo

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Aye tv money wastes these games , 3pm On a Saturday would have been brilliant for the town and it would have been buzzing , quarter to 8 on a Monday night just isn’t right but I obviously understand why the club takes the tv money

I think you are being a bit small minded here. The TV audience will spread the word of the clubs achievements far and wide and may result in a longer legacy. The 600 fans who come down from Aberdeen wether it’s on a Saturday or a Monday night will get drunk , eat pies and not give a shit about the Town. 

6 hours ago, Aguerooooo said:

Genuine question here. What was the point of Darren Millar leaving Darvel a few month back to go to Benburb and then Pollock to then return to Darvel? 
have I missed something here.

Did he end up going to Pollok thinking wee Mick would end up there 🤔🤔!

Bit of a strange one to say the least, good servant to Darvel but he left to get regular football as far as I could see it, not much changed since he left so can’t see him getting a starting slot this time around either.

19 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Screenshot_20221222_184750_Facebook.thumb.jpg.1c840d365cddb1d42c870bc2c3a71506.jpg

I'd imagine they'll need the weather to be on there side but it's certainly ambitious and to be applauded.

What's the plan for there? Is some terracing going in, or is it just being reprofiled and resurfaced a bit so folk aren't stood on wet grass?

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Great result last night for Darvel but you could have fitted the support into a phone box.There is no way they will sell out the Scottish cup tie.£22 a ticket on a Monday and on TV.Doubt if Aberdeen will bring 3k plus.

Is that how much tickets are. Holy f**k

17 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Great result last night for Darvel but you could have fitted the support into a phone box.There is no way they will sell out the Scottish cup tie.£22 a ticket on a Monday and on TV.Doubt if Aberdeen will bring 3k plus.

It seems a tad excessive. How does this compare with Clydebank and Talbots recent cup exploits. 

Its a Scottish cup fourth round tie against the fourth team in the premier league and at home and I do believe Darvel fancy their chances.  £22 In todays current situation with inflation etc... Is it a sell out ? not been checking interest but I think is fine and I'm sure they could sell it a few times over.  If you were going to ask for a dream draw outside the old firm then Aberdeen or Hearts would be next and on current form, Aberdeen not doing to well so I'm sure many Darvel fans will be excited.

17 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Its a Scottish cup fourth round tie against the fourth team in the premier league and at home and I do believe Darvel fancy their chances.  £22 In todays current situation with inflation etc... Is it a sell out ? not been checking interest but I think is fine and I'm sure they could sell it a few times over.  If you were going to ask for a dream draw outside the old firm then Aberdeen or Hearts would be next and on current form, Aberdeen not doing to well so I'm sure many Darvel fans will be excited.

Darvel don't have many fans.