Darvel FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Sammo said:

One was definitely offside as I was standing in line with it but honestly couldn’t see the other. He let one go in the first half where two Buffs players where offside but the chance didn’t come to anything.

Thought the first half was alright with neither team being a stand out but you are right in that the second half was much more one sided towards Darvel.

Kilwinning seemed to play it up to the number 10 who wasn’t up to much, I kinda feel a quick striker and a ball over the top would cause your defence a lot more problems. Kilwinning did this the the end of season game last year and caused a lot more problems.

By the end the ref could have blown at 75-80 mins as the game was over as a contest.

No excuses, but Buffs missing Thomas Collins and Gavin Millar to injury and Conor Bulger unavailable tonight nullified our attacking threat.

23 minutes ago, Sammo said:

One was definitely offside as I was standing in line with it but honestly couldn’t see the other. He let one go in the first half where two Buffs players where offside but the chance didn’t come to anything.

Thought the first half was alright with neither team being a stand out but you are right in that the second half was much more one sided towards Darvel.

Kilwinning seemed to play it up to the number 10 who wasn’t up to much, I kinda feel a quick striker and a ball over the top would cause your defence a lot more problems. Kilwinning did this the the end of season game last year and caused a lot more problems.

By the end the ref could have blown at 75-80 mins as the game was over as a contest.

Darvel weren’t really in any danger took the equaliser to wake them up a bit and start playing again, goalie only had 2 serious saves which came in last 5 mins.

2 of the 4 that was disallowed we’re right. The number 10 of Kilwinning took his goal well and will cause teams problems and score a few this season.

Cumnock will be up there top 4 or 5

8 minutes ago, Newguy said:

Darvel weren’t really in any danger took the equaliser to wake them up a bit and start playing again, goalie only had 2 serious saves which came in last 5 mins.

2 of the 4 that was disallowed we’re right. The number 10 of Kilwinning took his goal well and will cause teams problems and score a few this season.

Cumnock will be up there top 4 or 5

Took his goal well but don’t think tonight was his night I terms of hold up play or the fact that I think playing in behind Darvel is a way to get some joy against them, that’s obv not his game.

3 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Took his goal well but don’t think tonight was his night I terms of hold up play or the fact that I think playing in behind Darvel is a way to get some joy against them, that’s obv not his game.

Don’t think hold up play is his game that’s why he is buffs out ball for flick ons for second ball.

Darvels defence is steady and they won’t be playing against guys that size every week.

Syme still to come back in for us so I don’t think there is a better defence in the league.

Went along tonight have seen darvel twice this season and reckon Cumnock would have beaten them again tonight. Only time will tell if we can last the pace. 

kilwinning look ok for a newly assembled squad but shocking defending and Ben lewis on the bench for as long are equally criminal.

1 minute ago, Townhead Lad said:

Went along tonight have seen darvel twice this season and reckon Cumnock would have beaten them again tonight. Only time will tell if we can last the pace. 

kilwinning look ok for a newly assembled squad but shocking defending and Ben lewis on the bench for as long are equally criminal.

What makes you think that? You deserved to win game at Darvel even though we missed lots of chances.

You will last the pace that’s a good team you got there!

11 hours ago, Newguy said:

What makes you think that? You deserved to win game at Darvel even though we missed lots of chances.

You will last the pace that’s a good team you got there!

We will finish above Talbot. Never seen them have such a poor transfer window. 

19 hours ago, Townhead Lad said:

What performance was it would you say that they would have beat Darvel last night? Today's? 🤣🤣

We gifted you the 1st goal as mistake from Meggatt, we had 10 man and dominated, barclay top gk kept you in it, but took your chances and fair play. Last week going by highlights and Gints interview no great performance and then today against a better side.....well?? 😘

What happened today? Is there strength across your squad would you say? Wilson, Frye and Moore will all pick up daft bookings so have suspensions later on. Seems everyone energised under Gints, so Nock fans will be happier since McInally away.

11 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

So who from the East will Darvel blow the play offs against this season?

I cant see by Penicuik winning the league, whom were beaten by Tranent on goal difference for the league last season 21/22.
The other contenders  I expect to be Linlithgow Rose, Jeanfield Swifts who finished 3rd and 4th respectively last year but again, even though I was at the playoff this year, I would expect Darvel and even Talbot to win, but I thought Darvel would win against Tranent, so wit do I know 

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I cant see by Penicuik winning the league, whom were beaten by Tranent on goal difference for the league last season 21/22.
The other contenders  I expect to be Linlithgow Rose, Jeanfield Swifts who finished 3rd and 4th respectively last year but again, even though I was at the playoff this year, I would expect Darvel and even Talbot to win, but I thought Darvel would win against Tranent, so wit do I know 

First clue i got about Darvel possibly blowing the play off was the night i went to Kirkcubright to see them play St Cuthbert's.

Darvel won obviously but it was a half hearted performance.

I except it didn't matter if you won 1-0 or 20-0 but the Sosfl team were, well rotten.

I thought no big deal on to Saturday and Tranent.

Thinking about it from a footballing point of view.

What would I do.

Play it tight and hope for a breakaway.

And that's exactly what the Eosfl team did.

After Tranent scored the second goal in the second half Darvel looked like average Ayeshire District League team from years back.

I felt embarrassed for them and the West part of Project Pyramid.

That day I thought Darvel will go up maybe one day if the money keeps flowing.

But not before Talbot.

Btw, well done to Black Rooster Piri Piri getting that contract at Ibrox.

😂

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

First clue i got about Darvel possibly blowing the play off was the night i went to Kirkcubright to see them play St Cuthbert's.

Darvel won obviously but it was a half hearted performance.

I except it didn't matter if you won 1-0 or 20-0 but the Sosfl team were, well rotten.

I thought no big deal on to Saturday and Tranent.

Thinking about it from a footballing point of view.

What would I do.

Play it tight and hope for a breakaway.

And that's exactly what the Eosfl team did.

After Tranent scored the second goal in the second half Darvel looked like average Ayeshire District League team from years back.

I felt embarrassed for them and the West part of Project Pyramid.

That day I thought Darvel will go up maybe one day if the money keeps flowing.

But not before Talbot.

Btw, well done to Black Rooster Piri Piri getting that contract at Ibrox.

😂

Fair play going down there just to watch Darvel 👏👏

15 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Never seen ye with a manager as long! Will he get sacked when that doesn’t happen? 😂😂😂

The absolute irony and cheek of it, he will probably last a longer  time than you with his club you complete glory hunter  .

Edited by Thejackdaw