Darvel FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

pretty much the way it looks although they seem to be saying it's to give the players a longer pre-season. 

the best team int the WOS acting like a gang. Tinpot stuff. 

Withdrawing from a semi final is totally unacceptable and the WoSFL should be hammering them.

They’ve had a much bigger squad of players than most clubs to cope with extra games too.

They really are a joke of a club and the sooner the money gets pulled the better.

They will go back to being a tinpot village green amateur team.

14 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Withdrawing from a semi final is totally unacceptable and the WoSFL should be hammering them.

They’ve had a much bigger squad of players than most clubs to cope with extra games too.

They really are a joke of a club and the sooner the money gets pulled the better.

They will go back to being a tinpot village green amateur team.

Very much agree with the first sentence but the WoSFL aren't in the business of hammering teams it seems. Ask Blantyre.

Be interesting to see what they do with the withdrawal of Darvel from this cup.  The WOSFL want all their competitions with a sponsor. Do they hammer them or will they be scared to in case their chairman pulls the sponsorship of the cup.  

Edited by beithboy

56 minutes ago, Shanner said:

pretty much the way it looks although they seem to be saying it's to give the players a longer pre-season. 

the best team int the WOS acting like a gang. Tinpot stuff. 

How much time do they need given that moron Miller is in Tenerife not giving one f**k about Darvel apart from his wages.

4 hours ago, catakoom said:

John Gall must be the most arrogant and ignorant person god ever put breath in and unfortunately the good people of Darvel (the real fans) are stuck with him until he gets bored.

Correct! Classless individual who wants everything to be about him. His statement about Talbot confirmed his mentally challenged level of intelligence.

Talbot go about their business quietly and with class. Very rarely do they make headlines for the wrong reasons meanwhile u have Darvel, a team at the opposite end of the scale.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Have Darvel just pulled out of a cup in the huff?

They withdrew from this cup before the play-off game. I just assumed the logic they were going with was it wouldn't matter to them being excluded from next season's competition (as per normal punishment) as they wouldn't be here anyway.

It does deprive Kilwinning of a half share of what could have been a reasonable gate as well as any hospitality money. It also deprives the League of 10% of that gate as well. There should be some financial penalty for both them and Cambuslang Rangers - whether there will be is another matter.

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

Be interesting to see what they do with the withdrawal of Darvel from this cup.  The WOSFL want all their competitions with a sponsor. Do they hammer them or will they be scared to in case their chairman pulls the sponsorship of the cup.  

There has to be. Hurlford previously aired worries about the competition and if they could compete due to player shortages. Henderson did an interview saying they were told there would be penalties.

The sooner that the Darvel Circus comes to an end or they get promoted the better. They bring nothing to the WOSFL in terms of class, conduct or dignity.  I don’t think they’ll be welcomed in the LL or elsewhere unless they change their attitude and how they operate. The worst thing about them not being promoted is that they are in the WOSFL again next year. Biggest achievement is not how they have climbed the leagues but becoming the most disliked club in the WOSFL so quickly. It appears they haven’t made many friends in Tranent either. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

21 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

What all this shows is that the WoSFL still has a bit to go in terms of getting rid of the old “junior mentality”, the committee are still running it as such imo..

So how should they be running it then? Has anyone from the fantastic pyramid given any guidelines or training to these volunteers? Are the SFA ensuring consistency all the way down the pyramid? You seem to be saying there are a magical set of rules they should be following.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So how should they be running it then? Has anyone from the fantastic pyramid given any guidelines or training to these volunteers? Are the SFA ensuring consistency all the way down the pyramid? You seem to be saying there are a magical set of rules they should be following.

I merely basing my opinion on recent events, and the handling of them. Your questions should be directed at someone who is in a position to answer them, I was only stating my opinion.

I will say that the powers that be that have and are quick to mouth off about other leagues are maybe now realising it’s not that easy.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

35 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

What all this shows is that the WoSFL still has a bit to go in terms of getting rid of the old “junior mentality”, the committee are still running it as such imo..

what part of their behaviour is "Junior mentality"?

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

I merely basing my opinion on recent events, and the handling of them. Your questions should be directed at someone who is in a position to answer them, I was only stating my opinion.

Ok, put it another way then. What specifically are the committee doing which is so far out of line with the rest of the leagues that you class them as being "junior"? (apart from no full season fixture list)

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ok, put it another way then. What specifically are the committee doing which is so far out of line with the rest of the leagues that you class them as being "junior"? (apart from no full season fixture list)

Fixtures was one.

Committee engaging and openly discussing decisions on here was another.

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

Fixtures was one.

Committee engaging and openly discussing decisions on here was another.

First part agreed obviously. Second part agree that it's a bad idea but there's nothing "Junior" about it. Never saw anyone from the committees comment on here before the move. You just like saying the word "junior" a lot like it's a bad thing, without really thinking through what you're saying pal.

Just now, Glenconner said:

Best put this disaster of a season for the Wosfl behind us and move on.

You're another one. Like a broken record.

It's a wumman you're needing.

Anyway, this is the Darvel thread. Let them get on with discussing their title defence.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

First part agreed obviously. Second part agree that it's a bad idea but there's nothing "Junior" about it. Never saw anyone from the committees comment on here before the move. You just like saying the word "junior" a lot like it's a bad thing, without really thinking through what you're saying pal.

Fair enough, maybe I’m being harsh, just certain things could, and I’m sure will get better.