Darvel FC Thread

3 hours ago, PollokGang said:

Clubs must maintain the same level of pricing through the season. By charging concessions an adult price, I’m pretty sure Darvel are breaching this? 

That's certainly what the rules say, but it looks awfully like a conspiracy to fix prices, which is a crime.

5 hours ago, PollokGang said:

Clubs must maintain the same level of pricing through the season. By charging concessions an adult price, I’m pretty sure Darvel are breaching this? 

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

That's certainly what the rules say, but it looks awfully like a conspiracy to fix prices, which is a crime.

So with that information all you have to do now is everybody go out and buy a ticket for 1 of these games even if you have no intention of going. Then we go to one of those lawyer firms that advertise for compensation for anything We make a group claim and that is every ones summer holiday paid for....Simples!!!😊😊😊

Edited by maicoman

3 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

I've seen you post this sort of thing a few times when pricing is mentioned. There are numerous examples of clubs charging different amounts for games and different amounts for away fans yet I can't remember reading about anyone getting chucked in the Klink for this.

Can you provide a couple of recent practical examples of teams or individuals being prosecuted for something similar to what Darvel are doing here?

Edited by Shanner

11 hours ago, Shanner said:

I've seen you post this sort of thing a few times when pricing is mentioned. There are numerous examples of clubs charging different amounts for games and different amounts for away fans yet I can't remember reading about anyone getting chucked in the Klink for this.

Can you provide a couple of recent practical examples of teams or individuals being prosecuted for something similar to what Darvel are doing here?

Darvel are not breaking any law by changing their prices..

The illegality comes from any agreement to fix prices, which is what the league appear to be doing.

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

The illegality comes from any agreement to fix prices, which is what the league appear to be doing.

Any recent and comparable examples of prosecutions?

Edited by Shanner

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

There are different prices being charged at different ground in the premier this season. I have paid £7, £8 & £9 at various grounds.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Any recent and comparable examples of prosecutions?

There are no prosecutions as such: the Competition and Markets Authority essentially acts as prosecutor, judge and jury.

Since the main sanctions are financial, I suspect that the WoSFL and its members would be pretty low on their priorities (not much money). Unlike, Rangers or Man United, both of which have been hit with multi-million £ fines for price-fixing in the past.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

There are different prices being charged at different ground in the premier this season. I have paid £7, £8 & £9 at various grounds.

Yes, but the rules say that if you charge (say) £7 you have to apply that at every game. That is what I'm suggesting is illegal.

7 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

There are no prosecutions as such: the Competition and Markets Authority essentially acts as prosecutor, judge and jury.

Since the main sanctions are financial, I suspect that the WoSFL and its members would be pretty low on their priorities (not much money). Unlike, Rangers or Man United, both of which have been hit with multi-million £ fines for price-fixing in the past.

Weren't the Rangers and Man U situations to do with merchandise prices?

I thought we were talking match ticket prices which is why I was asking for a comparable example. 

It's just a thing I've seen mentioned by yourself a couple of times but never really seen a practical example or an explanation for things like the fixed price of away tickets in England which appear to anomalous in regards to what you are saying.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and need to try to get up into the SPFL soon before the WoS big guns arrive if they are going to use that budget sensibly.

EK Dodgy have had 10 years without the likes of Talbot to worry about and still couldn't get promotion.