Darvel FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

When have I ever dismissed winning cups or mick for that matter , trust me I spoke to him today and he’s hurting big time about lack of success this season 

I wasn't talking about you specifically, more the general trend of people talking cups down as if the league is all that matters. 

35 minutes ago, Shanner said:

He's really not a winner if you examine his objectives v's his achievements. They were meant to be polishing off the last few wins to secure the Lowland League by now but shat the bed v Tranent and now we are where we are. 

You can dismiss the importance of the cups but fans love winning them and his sides have been abysmal in all the non-league competitions since covid. 

Sticking up for Tranent here

I watch this Darvel thread on the forum as its one of the busiest in the WOS section but with the amount of abuse fans of other teams give Darvel on this thread, (90%  lolol),  I genuinely think to myself, do they wake up thinking about their own team and then they think about Darvel and are unrealistic in their comments because of some hatred, its Darvel ffs, they are winning and in the top WOS league due to money and the way its run, if the money runs out, which will happen, they will fall down the leagues to reach their level. Fact: The holders of the WOS premier league are Darvel and Mick was the manager, so he has won silverware in a strong league.  I agree its not going well for Darvel and they are where they are and think the Scottish cup run, which was fantastic has taken its toll for whatever reason.

I will say however, I genuinely think with your comments about 'shat the bed' id say that you were not at the game against Tranent as you are giving them a disservice in your view that Tranent won the game because Darvel craped it.  Tranent won hands down and deservedly so.  Tranent to a man wanted that game and took it.  Whatever team Darvel had out that day for whatever reasons, even if they were at full strength, Tranent wanted this win and got it

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sticking up for Tranent here

I watch this Darvel thread on the forum as its one of the busiest in the WOS section but with the amount of abuse fans of other teams give Darvel on this thread, (90%  lolol),  I genuinely think to myself, do they wake up thinking about their own team and then they think about Darvel and are unrealistic in their comments because of some hatred, its Darvel ffs, they are winning and in the top WOS league due to money and the way its run, if the money runs out, which will happen, they will fall down the leagues to reach their level. The holders of the WOS premier league are Darvel and Mick was the manager, so he has won silverware in a strong league.  I agree its not going well for Darvel and they are where they are and think the Scottish cup run, which was fantastic has taken its toll for whatever reason.

I will say however, I genuinely think with your comments about 'shat the bed' id say that you were not at the game against Tranent as you are giving them a disservice in your view that Tranent won the game because Darvel craped it.  Tranent won hands down and deservedly so.  Tranent to a man wanted that game and took it.  Whatever team Darvel had out that day for whatever reasons, even if they were at full strength, Tranent wanted this win and got it

I was indeed at the Tranent game and Darvel were a shadow of the team that drew 2-2 with Talbot a few weeks earlier. they played some impressive passing stuff v Talbot that they couldn't even begin to reproduce in the biggest game in their history v Tranent. It was like watching a team that were suddenly overthinking every pass and they were horrendously toothless in a match they were strong favs to win. 

26 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I was indeed at the Tranent game and Darvel were a shadow of the team that drew 2-2 with Talbot a few weeks earlier. they played some impressive passing stuff v Talbot that they couldn't even begin to reproduce in the biggest game in their history v Tranent. It was like watching a team that were suddenly overthinking every pass and they were horrendously toothless in a match they were strong favs to win. 

The amount of games players ( who have jobs no doubt ) had to play over a short period of time was mental the players are human added to Tranent were and are a very good team 

Just now, dennispaterson said:

The amount of games players ( who have jobs no doubt ) had to play over a short period of time was mental the players are human added to Tranent were and are a very good team 

Talbot have been doing it for years.

That's what happens when your successful. 

8 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Its that why some of your guys decided on a wee holiday instaed of playing in that game

9 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

that's how the cookie crumbles. Winners deal with this stuff, losers make excuses. 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur entitled to ur opinion , let’s see if he can turn this around , it won’t happen this season unfortunately , I think I know what the club needs so im sure he will know but the problem is if he’s recognised players from other junior teams the problem will be  we will have to pay thousands more than any other club in the league 

Don't think you can use that as an excuse as you have set the benchmark for every team at this level. 

6 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

So every time a team gets beaten it's shitting the bed need to remember that  

To be fair it could just have been down to the supreme levels of hubris emitting from Darvel following the league win that made them forget that there was another hurdle to negotiate on their way to World domination rather than being a team of shitebags.  If that's the case then I apologize profusely for saying they shat the bed. 

Maybe they have decided they are better off playing in the league they are currently in given the new proposal for league reconstruction. It’s probably fair to say that our current leagues are better supported and more local than what they could possibly move into and being a licensed club you can still enter the big Scottish for maybe a wee pay day back and forward until that set up changes too 

35 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

Maybe they have decided they are better off playing in the league they are currently in given the new proposal for league reconstruction. It’s probably fair to say that our current leagues are better supported and more local than what they could possibly move into and being a licensed club you can still enter the big Scottish for maybe a wee pay day back and forward until that set up changes too 

Absolutely no chance. The goal has always been to climb through the leagues. Do you think beating Aberdeen made them think that the big leagues are not for them? Saturday was just a poor result, no excuses allowed.

From the outside in is it a case that Darvel sign "big" names from leagues 1 and 2 who arrive thinking it will be a canter when the truth is their opponents outwork them through application and attitude?

It's no secret Kennedy gets players in by offering them various business ventures in conjunction with signing up to play.

Beith have a small squad with limited resources but are a very well drilled side this season and as much as Strain is a rocket he is doing some job. Talbot are Talbot and know what's required, go about their business quietly without a fuss so won't be far away.