Darvel FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Yeah the number of supporters both our own and other clubs who ask me who he is  into the several hundreds by now. Who needs enemies comes to mind but guess it’s healthy to have diversity of opinions. It’s the blurred lines between criticism and abuse some times not healthy, old firm is big enough it doesn’t often come to attention but not good at a smaller club where family and friends can come across it. 

Andy Is a real Talbot fan who deserves his  opinion surely like everyone else does?  I'm sure nobody at Talbot would try and research into you being a real fan so ease off andy mate 👍 

12 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Cumnock back to being in the bottom half of the league. After a decent start McGinty has not improved them one bit

But but they beat Talbot on penalties and that's all that matters to them 🙂

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Andy Is a real Talbot fan who deserves his  opinion surely like everyone else does?  I'm sure nobody at Talbot would try and research into you being a real fan so ease off andy mate 👍 

Opinions can be called out and your the Andy of Beith. Top of the league, great victory and you’re on a darvel thread banging the only drum of ‘you changed your place of trade application’ over and over. Wait to learn about a Mr Millar 

4 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Opinions can be called out and your the Andy of Beith. Top of the league, great victory and you’re on a darvel thread banging the only drum of ‘you changed your place of trade application’ over and over. Wait to learn about a Mr Millar 

Please speak English and sense 

9 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

What was the crowd today between the top 2 in the league???

Mon the papers

483 paying customers but with committee press etc and kids go free it was probably nearer 600 

Good entertaining game today carlo,s goal well worth the admission money ! Beith were well worthy winners full is energy from the start and throughout the match darvel lacked ideas and even when they made substitutions they kept playing the same way without really troubling beith.

31 minutes ago, FootyNomad1 said:

Surely it’s beyond a failure if Darvel don’t win league this year? 
If rumours are to be believed they’ve spent at least 40k on transfer fees. Blowing any team below championship out the water budget wise. Questions asked?

I think they may still do it, although they need to pull themselves out of the rut they are currently in. Beith won’t have it easy at Glenafton next week.

Said earlier in the week that it’s a difficult thing to negotiate the spot light when it moves away and it’s when character matters the most.

Not sure if anyone else has noted it’s weird when Talbot are unexpectedly in the market for a keeper, Darvel, just so happen to open the wallet for one the same week. Just a coincidence I suspect.

Edited by Killiepiyo