Darvel FC Thread

On 24/02/2023 at 16:46, maicoman said:

Had a friend who was watching that game As far as he was concerned Darvel had no intention of winning that game Do not blame them if it was true

I was at the game and on the day Tranent were superb, the wingers down both flanks hassled, the Tranent defense was excellent. Darvel had players missing I'm sure Darvel had Tranent watched but Tranent came to win the match. There was a chance at the start of the 2nd half that Darvel should have scored and that did seem to turn the tide.  A deserved win.  I cant say Darvel bottled it as I believe Tranent would have beaten Talbot/ Pollok / Beith etc.. on that day but many of us, neutral, for or against Darvel can understand if we think Darvel didn't want to get promoted thinking the Lowland League is too week to join but so many pros and cons to and from

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Is it acceptable for Darvel's season to be over in February

Might as well get those holidays and stag doo's booked now

Darvels season is over? Why is that? Having a bad spell just now as talbot had earlier in the season and you were all having a meltdown!

Beith won’t win the league and will talbot win all their games in hand?

I don’t think so. Lots of twists n turns to come yet!

1 minute ago, Newguy said:

Darvels season is over? Why is that? Having a bad spell just now as talbot had earlier in the season and you were all having a meltdown!

Beith won’t win the league and will talbot win all their games in hand?

I don’t think so. Lots of twists n turns to come yet!

Talbot won't win all their games in hand.

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

He dug himself into a hole last season and despite offers of hands out and getting behind the team, he’s just sits in it bitterly snapping while being proven wrong. 

He is so negative and disheartening for players and supporters alike it is unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

He dug himself into a hole last season and despite offers of hands out and getting behind the team, he’s just sits in it bitterly snapping while being proven wrong. 

I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong as I've done with Stafford. 

Where have I dug myself into a hole ?

2 minutes ago, fb4 said:

He is so negative and disheartening for players and supporters alike it is unbelievable. 

Yeah the number of supporters both our own and other clubs who ask me who he is  into the several hundreds by now. Who needs enemies comes to mind but guess it’s healthy to have diversity of opinions. It’s the blurred lines between criticism and abuse some times not healthy, old firm is big enough it doesn’t often come to attention but not good at a smaller club where family and friends can come across it.