Darvel FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm unsure were this is headed with all the posts about money men. Gartcairn definitely had lower money to spend for season 22/23 compared to St Cadocs, Drumchapel and Benburb. Kilbrinie we all heard had problems midseason money wise and the rest just ducked and dived. I expect Johnstone Burgh and Drumchapel to push on in Division 1. Kilwinning money is supposed to be halved compared to this season just finished and cant see any of the 3 relegated from the premier going straight back up easily. The 3 promoted to division 1, Renfrew Ashfield and Maybole I don't expect to be challenging for promotion.

I can see Benburb and St Cadocs staying up next season but Gartcairn need to add quite a few players to their squad as their depth definitely wont cut it in the Premier.  Darvel, I get the impression will be the big money team again with a new manager so its really up in the air how they will do but supposed most of us expect them to be there or there abouts.

Regarding money men or sugar daddies, these teams go through fluxes or prosperity and some last longer than others but eventually usually changes will happen when the money dries up, just a matter of when.  There is defiantly a lot of peeps on here jealous or have a dislike of new teams/academy teams progressing etc.. but hey the way I see it, if a new teams starts up and wins promotion, its a kick in the balls to all the established teams who have been going for years but just staying stagnant.   I went to a 3rd division game recently of a team who have been going for over a 100 years and feck me, i was directed to the toilet and it was a bogging trough, no ceiling and the keeper and defense could watch you pee.  haven't got a clue what I would have done if i needed a number 2 😐

How are people jealous of St Cadocs ffs. 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

How are people jealous of St Cadocs ffs. 

Pmsl, its just the same clique making the same crappy comments, read the post above your previously and there's many money comments on the forums about teams with cages, new teams coming up with money etc.. as i said, either jealous or dislike, so comments are made even team threads are started by supporters of other teams lololol.  How can you not work that out?

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

20 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Pmsl, its just the same clique making the same crappy comments, read the post above your previously and there's many money comments on the forums about teams with cages, new teams coming up with money etc.. as i said, either jealous or dislike, so comments are made even team threads are started by supporters of other teams lololol.  How can you not work that out?

So going by your logic no 1 is allowed to criticise another team as it is jealousy? 

As I have said above and in other threads club should not only be spending money on players but also facilities (and have laid out suggestions on how it could/should be done). I have no problem with what Darvel are doing, Burgh are doing or any other clubs who are spending on both, in fact they should be congratulated for it. But the problem I have with St Cadocs and previously Rossvale, is spending money when not putting anything into facilities and moving to grounds that are a fair distance from their home or in Rossvale's case creating a new identity altogether. 

If clubs have people putting money in it should be welcomed and not scorned but it should also be put into improving facilities and not hiring somewhere 10 miles from your home.

18 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

So going by your logic no 1 is allowed to criticise another team as it is jealousy? 

As I have said above and in other threads club should not only be spending money on players but also facilities (and have laid out suggestions on how it could/should be done). I have no problem with what Darvel are doing, Burgh are doing or any other clubs who are spending on both, in fact they should be congratulated for it. But the problem I have with St Cadocs and previously Rossvale, is spending money when not putting anything into facilities and moving to grounds that are a fair distance from their home or in Rossvale's case creating a new identity altogether. 

If clubs have people putting money in it should be welcomed and not scorned but it should also be put into improving facilities and not hiring somewhere 10 miles from your home.

In fairness to St Cads, it's not for lack of trying on the ground front, they are just set on having it in Newton Mearns, and it's obviously very difficult to get people to agree on a big astro park being built next to their multi million pound gaff

Edited by Pollok mad

14 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

100% nope they can always criticize  a team for having money, or having cages or having a sugar daddy or an academy team or a new team.  Why you and the other one keep saying jealousy, I said dislike as well and dislike might be in the majority ffs.
Rossvale were at Huntershill and thrown out or moved out or ground not suitable at the time so they found other location.
Rossvales new identity has been forced upon them but the academy or the academy chairman
St Cados what about them, where is their official area/ground even though they are playing out of new tinto.
We do not know the in and outs or reasoning of these clubs decisions, so viewpoint, gossip, guessing making you dislike of them, especially when you don't know the full facts.  I'm not for them, I'm just playing devils advocate.  I personally think their is Rossvale's last year as a team and having a clue about St Cadocs, is their money men gonna arrange a ground and put money into it?

Many teams rent grounds, old and new and some find it hard to put money into the facilities when someone else owns it and could tear it right from under their feet so that's a conundrum they are left with.

23 minutes ago, Pollok mad said:

In fairness to St Cads, it's not for lack of trying on the ground front, they are just set on having it in Newton Mearns, and it's obviously very difficult to get people to agree on a big astro park being built next to their multi million pound gaff

I don't disagree but having worked for the council for a number of years things like these are always impacted by NIMBYs and that would have been obvious the St Cadocs before the entered the league. I also don't only blame St Cadocs for this, the league have to accept some responsibility for things like this.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I don't disagree but having worked for the council for a number of years things like these are always impacted by NIMBYs and that would have been obvious the St Cadocs before the entered the league. I also don't only blame St Cadocs for this, the league have to accept some responsibility for things like this.

Yeah I do agree that is something that a team like Giffnock have planned better, they at least got planning permission for their pitch before starting a WOSL team. The guy who runs St Cadocs has just always been a big time b*****d and just wanted to get his foot in while the conferences were about so he could skip a few divisions. 

15 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

100% nope they can always criticize  a team for having money, or having cages or having a sugar daddy or an academy team or a new team.  Why you and the other one keep saying jealousy, I said dislike as well and dislike might be in the majority ffs.
Rossvale were at Huntershill and thrown out or moved out or ground not suitable at the time so they found other location.
Rossvales new identity has been forced upon them but the academy or the academy chairman
St Cados what about them, where is their official area/ground even though they are playing out of new tinto.
We do not know the in and outs or reasoning of these clubs decisions, so viewpoint, gossip, guessing making you dislike of them, especially when you don't know the full facts.  I'm not for them, I'm just playing devils advocate.  I personally think their is Rossvale's last year as a team and having a clue about St Cadocs, is their money men gonna arrange a ground and put money into it?

Many teams rent grounds, old and new and some find it hard to put money into the facilities when someone else owns it and could tear it right from under their feet so that's a conundrum they are left with.

I dont dislike anyone, I respect what St Cadocs have done and know people involved in running them and the hard they put into the club, I have spent money watching them play on a couple of occasions this year so if I disliked them so much why would I do that?

I have given you my views on this. Why play devil's advocate and just give your own opinion on this issue!! I know plenty about both clubs situations and know that you are wrong about Huntershill and I am well aware of some of the issues St Cadocs have faced (some of which are not of their own doing) but it doesnt take away from the fact that they are playing 8 miles away from the town they are from. It might not seem a lot but the fact is they were accepted into the league without a longterm ground plan in place and given their current situation can put more money into a playing squad than many other clubs given their reduced facility costs. 

Sorry to people coming here for info on Darvel and this will be the last I post in this thread on this subject. Happy to continue the discussion in the ground improvements thread.

11 minutes ago, Happy Chappy said:

Good business by Talbot if they got a fee big Andy has been a fantastic servant over the years but seems to be carrying some timber now a days and most def not the keeper he was but still up there 

Yep, would be amazed if Talbot have not had the best years from him. Wish him all the best personally but hope he picks up a decent wedge at Darvel whilst playing mince.

It seems to be most players want away but u will never Hear that coming from their social media , my brother asked if the goalie was away on their fb page and was barred 😂😂 , the money they have gave mcshane to stay is obscene for this level and in fact most weeks the gates won’t cover his wages , big Andy is a good signing but 4-5 years ago he would have been an unbelievable signing but going by all Reports he sold more goals last season than he did in the previous 9 so no doubt Talbot got the best of him 

mcinally has his work cut out that’s for sure 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

It seems to be most players want away but u will never Hear that coming from their social media , my brother asked if the goalie was away on their fb page and was barred 😂😂 , the money they have gave mcshane to stay is obscene for this level and in fact most weeks the gates won’t cover his wages , big Andy is a good signing but 4-5 years ago he would have been an unbelievable signing but going by all Reports he sold more goals last season than he did in the previous 9 so no doubt Talbot got the best of him 

I'm surprised Darvel are still paying the big bucks and we're able to offer the kind of money Burgh are reportedly paying now, I think if they really wanted him they'd have got McShane 

11 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

I'm surprised Darvel are still paying the big bucks and we're able to offer the kind of money Burgh are reportedly paying now, I think if they really wanted him they'd have got McShane 

If what I’m hearing is true to keep him at the club for 2 years will be costing darvel in the region of 80k plus for his services , now that’s more than some players are on at Killie , livingston for example , by all accounts he’s a good guy and no doubt he’s a top Player but that’s obscene for this level of football 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Your last sentence makes sense givin hes after another Talbot player over n above Andy & Wilson