Darvel FC Thread

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

That's impossible. Mick knows how to get players playing for him.

But the problem being is the signings come from  league 1 and league 2 and sometimes certain players cant  cope with junior football , and by that I mean no time on the ball getting closed down rapidly and Troon did that brilliantly yesterday , iM no saying they are bad players but for me they won’t do at this level and would be amazed if they were there next season , in fact I will be amazed if 10 of that squad will be at darvel next season on what I’ve seen recently but trust me on this mick will rebuild as second is no use to him , he’s a winner and im pretty sure he will say this season has been a disaster , no silverware for the money spent is shocking 

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

But the problem being is the signings come from  league 1 and league 2 and sometimes certain players cant  cope with junior football , and by that I mean no time on the ball getting closed down rapidly and Troon did that brilliantly yesterday , iM no saying they are bad players but for me they won’t do at this level and would be amazed if they were there next season , in fact I will be amazed if 10 of that squad will be at darvel next season on what I’ve seen recently but trust me on this mick will rebuild as second is no use to him , he’s a winner and im pretty sure he will say this season has been a disaster , no silverware for the money spent is shocking 

Mick won't be there if the budgets cut  He'll be at Pollok before too long.

11 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Let's hope they haven't signed 2/3 years contracts or they will be sitting on their arses coining in brewsters millions being bench warmers. 

13 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Love it 🤣

18 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

How will he rebuild- By chucking more money at it. That's not management. The guys a fraud

7 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Let's hope they haven't signed 2/3 years contracts or they will be sitting on their arses coining in brewsters millions being bench warmers. 

Hopefully they have 🤣

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

How will he rebuild- By chucking more money at it. That's not management. The guys a fraud

I said last night if I was gall I’d be cutting the budget dramatically but I’ve no idea if that’s the plan or not , guy is not a fraud he’s a winner and second is no use to him , I don’t know but I’d imagine this will be his first season in management without silverware , it won’t happen again and u can come back to me if im Wrong on that one 

Just now, Darvel legend said:

I said last night if I was gall I’d be cutting the budget dramatically but I’ve no idea if that’s the plan or not , guy is not a fraud he’s a winner and second is no use to him , I don’t know but I’d imagine this will be his first season in management without silverware , it won’t happen again and u can come back to me if im Wrong on that one 

He's a chequebook manager.  I'd like too see how he would get on at a club with a smaller budget.

As previous poster said he's a fraud.

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

You keep calling him a winner doesn't make him one. 

If the budget gets cut he will either leave or you will drop down the league as he is a poor manager and a poor judge of player

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

He's a chequebook manager.  I'd like too see how he would get on at a club with a smaller budget.

As previous poster said he's a fraud.

Ur entitled to ur opinion , let’s see if he can turn this around , it won’t happen this season unfortunately , I think I know what the club needs so im sure he will know but the problem is if he’s recognised players from other junior teams the problem will be  we will have to pay thousands more than any other club in the league 

3 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

You keep calling him a winner doesn't make him one. 

If the budget gets cut he will either leave or you will drop down the league as he is a poor manager and a poor judge of player

If he leaves that will be the case as gall will have no idea what to do or where to turn to  I agree with u on that one 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur entitled to ur opinion , let’s see if he can turn this around , it won’t happen this season unfortunately , I think I know what the club needs so im sure he will know but the problem is if he’s recognised players from other junior teams the problem will be  we will have to pay thousands more than any other club in the league 

You've spent nearly 30k on Syme Glasgow & Morrison and none of them are regular starters.

40 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

You’re contradicting yourself. Why is he signing players from league 1&2 if they aren’t up to it? Was that the plan for the rebuild from last season?  How are you going to get rid of these players? Darvel signed good junior players and they have been benched, loaned out etc ( or in Symes case loaned for a couple of weeks) are Darvel an attractive prospect for players? All he has achieved is blowing a load of cash. The league isn’t over yet, but the players haven’t given him 90 mins since the Aberdeen game.

He's really not a winner if you examine his objectives v's his achievements. They were meant to be polishing off the last few wins to secure the Lowland League by now but shat the bed v Tranent and now we are where we are. 

You can dismiss the importance of the cups but fans love winning them and his sides have been abysmal in all the non-league competitions since covid. 

21 minutes ago, Shanner said:

He's really not a winner if you examine his objectives v's his achievements. They were meant to be polishing off the last few wins to secure the Lowland League by now but shat the bed v Tranent and now we are where we are. 

You can dismiss the importance of the cups but fans love winning them and his sides have been abysmal in all the non-league competitions since covid. 

When have I ever dismissed winning cups or mick for that matter , trust me I spoke to him today and he’s hurting big time about lack of success this season 

28 minutes ago, The viper said:

You’re contradicting yourself. Why is he signing players from league 1&2 if they aren’t up to it? Was that the plan for the rebuild from last season?  How are you going to get rid of these players? Darvel signed good junior players and they have been benched, loaned out etc ( or in Symes case loaned for a couple of weeks) are Darvel an attractive prospect for players? All he has achieved is blowing a load of cash. The league isn’t over yet, but the players haven’t given him 90 mins since the Aberdeen game.

He would Think they were up for it , he might still think that , I don’t but it’s f**k all to do with me that’s just my opinion , im Sure the last two signed are on loan but I might be wrong