Darvel FC Thread

12 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Ah, the old soldiers of love.

Well done to Troon.

Why did Kennedy let Syme and Morrison go out on loan? Nearly £20K worth of players who know what the league is all about. Bizarre.

Also interested to hear why Morrison was all set to join Kilwinning on loan before Darvel pulled the plug and offered him to Hurlford instead.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

Also interested to hear why Morrison was all set to join Kilwinning on loan before Darvel pulled the plug and offered him to Hurlford instead.

Morrison is a local lad, been seen around the club a few times recently.

If this is indeed the case, it's a strange one. 

Noticed that Syme is back at Darvel, played against Troon yesterday. Bizarre behaviour from Darvel.

Edited by funky monkey

10 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tbf id rather see Talbot win it than Beith. 

I would be more than happy with that but if not, I'd favour anyone who can go on and compete in the playoff (my personal dislike of Darvel excludes them from that). 

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I would be more than happy with that but if not, I'd favour anyone who can go on and compete in the playoff (my personal dislike of Darvel excludes them from that). 

It’s a two horse race between Talbot and Beith now. It all hinges on how consistent Talbot can be. Can’t see Darvel out running the pair of them. 

Just now, PollokGang said:

It’s a two horse race between Talbot and Beith now. It all hinges on how consistent Talbot can be. Can’t see Darvel out running the pair of them. 

It would need 9 wins from 9 matches and both Talbot and Beith to slip up a couple of times. Possible but looking less and less likely by the week. 

Beith just need to hold their nerve in the run in and they'll do it IMO. 

33 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It would need 9 wins from 9 matches and both Talbot and Beith to slip up a couple of times. Possible but looking less and less likely by the week. 

Beith just need to hold their nerve in the run in and they'll do it IMO. 

9 wins in all probability still wouldn’t do it , Talbot for all I’ve seen them loads this season and not been that impressed apart from the thumping they gave us in the Scottish have lost two in 15 games , will they lose 5 in their last 15 ? Highly unlikely as they know how to win and their fans will get them over the line however if beith were to beat them they would be in a very strong position ,on yesterdays display we look a team going thru the motions and on that showing we will lose more games than we win on fixtures left , very very disappointing 

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

9 wins in all probability still wouldn’t do it , Talbot for all I’ve seen them loads this season and not been that impressed apart from the thumping they gave us in the Scottish have lost two in 15 games , will they lose 5 in their last 15 ? Highly unlikely as they know how to win and their fans will get them over the line however if beith were to beat them they would be in a very strong position ,on yesterdays display we look a team going thru the motions and on that showing we will lose more games than we win on fixtures left , very very disappointing 

Having watched a fair bit of darvel this season I think they're playing the style of a team who have reached a level that they've not quite reached, what I mean Is that they kind of pass it to death across the back and in general like clubs at a championship level play at and teams at our level are sussing it out and sitting deep and letting them have the ball for long spells and then picking them off.

Nice football is good to watch at times but winning football is the correct way to play football,  If that means mixing it up a bit and going long now and again , putting it into the channels/percentage areas and getting  defences turned then so be it,  our level is about digging in at times and getting it done ugly while fighting and scratching for every single ball , I don't see darvel reverting to a plan b even when behind and when a goal is urgent  .

7 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I reckon points will be dropped all over the place in the run-in.  There are enough points up for grabs in the remaining head-to-heads to change things dramatically. For instance I don't think Beith or Talbot will take 6 points in that particular head-to-head, and could easily end up with a point each - 

Talbot v Beith x 2

Darvel v Talbot v x 1

Darvel V Beith x 1

And there's also the matter of matches v other teams on very good form such as - 

Bankies v Talbot x 2, Darvel x 1, Beith x 1 

22 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I reckon points will be dropped all over the place in the run-in.  There are enough points up for grabs in the remaining head-to-heads to change things dramatically. For instance I don't think Beith or Talbot will take 6 points in that particular head-to-head, and could easily end up with a point each - 

Talbot v Beith x 2

Darvel v Talbot v x 1

Darvel V Beith x 1

And there's also the matter of matches v other teams on very good form such as - 

Yea I agree with u but we can’t afford to even draw a game now , no ideal 

Darvel fans must be disappointed. It looks like they won't win the league now and although the Cup run was exciting they will have nothing to show for the season and must wonder if they have seen their team progress. I've never been to Darvel's ground but assume it has seen improvement over the years.

Just now, John S said:

Darvel fans must be disappointed. It looks like they won't win the league now and although the Cup run was exciting they will have nothing to show for the season and must wonder if they have seen their team progress. I've never been to Darvel's ground but assume it has seen improvement over the years.

Recreation Park has seen great improvements. With the proposed new stand it'll be the best village ground in Scotland.

Is anybody really surprised that it's all went belly up at Darvel? Surely it was always likely to happen?

Will Gall and Kennedy have the stomach to ride this season out or is there more drama yet to come at Darvel?

19 minutes ago, John S said:

I haven't been since the Tranent playoff game but it was still needing a fair bit of work at that time.

I know lots of work happened for the telly cup games but I get the impression it will be a while yet until you can count on getting a decent view when there's anything approaching a 4 figure crowd.  To give Darvel their dues the pitch has looked terrific on the telly and they rarely have a postponement these days.  

more on their bench and technical area and players not in the squad than in the ground

they rely on away fans  

will backfire by the time lok play them, the season will be over for them

already over for us a long time ago

many lok fans won't travel

2 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Well done to Troon yesterday. Well deserved very simple they wanted it more than some of our players who looked like they couldn't care less.

That's impossible. Mick knows how to get players playing for him.

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

Talbot v Beith x 2

Darvel v Talbot v x 1

Darvel V Beith x 1

Beith v Talbot playing each other twice there is not much chance of ending up with a point each