Darvel FC Thread

16 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Managers position must be looked at surely. 

Spunking thousands of pounds every week and looking like they've blew a very poor league plus out the cups.

Glorious viewing though 🤣

Not winning this league with the money spent Is not good enough and I’m sure he will know this , his last two signings have been terrible and if they have played senior the standard in the Scottish leagues must be worse than I thought , if I was gall I’d be saying the budget will be reduced dramatically for next season as the spend spend spend method has been a failure 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

Not winning this league with the money spent Is not good enough and I’m sure he will know this , his last two signings have been terrible and if they have played senior the standard in the Scottish leagues must be worse than I thought , if I was gall I’d be saying the budget will be reduced dramatically for next season as the spend spend spend method has been a failure 

The standard of Scottish football from top to bottom is horrendous. 

The WOS League is a competitive league but the standard is terrible. 

Mick won't be there if the budget is cut hes a chequebook manager just as he was at Colville and look what happened there when he left.

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

The standard of Scottish football from top to bottom is horrendous. 

The WOS League is a competitive league but the standard is terrible. 

Mick won't be there if the budget is cut hes a chequebook manager just as he was at Colville and look what happened there when he left.

Here's a collectors item i agree 👍

It would be foolish to completely write them off but that today pretty much makes Darvel one of the outsiders to win the league now. It will be hard to finish ahead of both Talbot and Beith from this situation. 

A 9-match winning run is well within their capability but you can't disregard how absolutely horrific their form has become at a crucial time. 

Happy days. 

Took in the game today as my team were idle,  Troon were fantastic today never gave the Darvel players a minute, when Darvel took the lead after only a couple of minutes I feared the worst for Troon but they dug in and scored 4 fantastic goals (could have had a couple more as well).   As for Darvel was pretty much the sane pattern as the game against Beith had plenty of possession but did nothing with it, created very little and Troon keeper had very little to do.  

Could not understand their tactics with 15 mins to go and 4-1 down they were content to pass the ball around the back 4 with no real urgency of trying  to get back into the game.  While they are far from out of the title race if they continue in this vein it won’t be long till they are.  Hoping to see some highlights soon to see the goals. 

Edited by beithboy

Would be interested to know just how much darvel have spent in their attempts to escape the ' juniors ' the last few seasons and let's not be kidded our standard is still junior as opposed to the senior grade we are now categorised in ,  it's okay saying we have a tough root into the leagues above us via politics however when a team like darvel are hammering money into it and still not progressing then it maybe doesn't show our grade in its best light regardless of their Scottish cup exploits   . 

Just don't know what darvels end game will be as the local community aren't buying into their weekly exploits and just how much money are they prepared to splash before it all turns sour?