Darvel FC Thread

8 minutes ago, andy25 said:

And spent peanuts on their team.

Syme 12 grand can't get a game.

Glasgow 9 grand can't get a game.

Morrison 6 grand can't get a game.

Add in Thomas Reilly to that list who cost a fortune also but there are reasons why their no playing that I know off and iM no privy to what gos on thru the week at training but symie had a really bad injury as did jinky , Glasgow would be cup tied , Reilly hasn’t had a run of games really , because ur spending money doesn’t mean it’s easy but I’m telling u if I gave mick half the budget he’s on the now if he never won the league he would go very close but that’s just my opinion 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

Add in Thomas Reilly to that list who cost a fortune also but there are reasons why their no playing that I know off and iM no privy to what gos on thru the week at training but symie had a really bad injury as did jinky , Glasgow would be cup tied , Reilly hasn’t had a run of games really , because ur spending money doesn’t mean it’s easy but I’m telling u if I gave mick half the budget he’s on the now if he never won the league he would go very close but that’s just my opinion 

🤣

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Glasgow hasn't started a game for months. 

15 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

How is he the best manager in the league he has only won 1 Cup and all we have heard for the past few weeks even from yourself these players should be playing in a higher division so they should be big enough to beat teams like Hurlford  week in week out and not use the Falkirk result has an excuse and to be honest u wanted the fame u got it but when it comes to the bread and butter of ur season they can't deliver just like last season just goes to show they don't really want to play for the club 

Who didn’t deliver last season? 
They don’t want to play for the club?

To be honest, this is some thread.  started by 'NOT' a Darvel fan but an opposition fan and the thread is filled with oppositions fans saying this and that, some of it utter shite and some of it really embarrassing then again, some saying the truth.  I wonder how many of those fans on here who constantly on this thread, wake up, think about their own team and then think about Darvel 🤣.  Is Darvel really living in their head day to day?  fecking seems like it  lololol  🤣🤣🤣

p.s.  in saying that, thank feck they are on it as the Darvel thread is usually kept going by NOT Darvel fans  😐 🤣🤣

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be honest, this is some thread.  started by 'NOT' a Darvel fan but an opposition fan and the thread is filled with oppositions fans saying this and that, some of it utter shits and some of it really embarrassing then again, some saying the truth.  I wonder how many of those fans on here who constantly on this thread, wake up, think about their own team and think think about Darvel 🤣.  Is Darvel really living in their head day to day.  fecking seems like it  lololol  🤣🤣🤣

No Darvel aren't living in our heads it's just this is a forum to ask questions that football supporters are allowed to ask cause when over the past few weeks u have had Darvel on tv the manager on things u watch saying we should be playing higher all because u beat a team who in everyone's books anyone could have beat even Lugar could have beat Aberdeen and even at that the amount of money that's been spent cause I don't think u remember about 7 uear ago Darvel were right down in the leagues and now they are paying stupid money on players who don't play players who seem to only want to play in big games etc and then u have a manager and chairman who between them live in cloud cuckoo land I just feel sorry for Darvel has a town and a team name cause it looks like it could be a team that goes before their eyes instead of doing it the right way and build not just spend 

I wondered whether Darvel’s form may take a wee drop after they exited the Scottish Cup. Especially after all the hype of the Aberdeen win and the Falkirk build-up. Sometimes it can be hard to pick things up again once all the media attention his died down.

Big game on Saturday now with all to play for.

Auchinleck sitting quietly just off the top with games in hand which would put them top were they to win them.

We all know how Talbot have "been there done that", their squad know how to go on winning runs at this time of the year.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was then Talbot would be my pick at the moment, regardless of their mixed form.

17 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

it's all going Pete Tong for the soldiers of love. 

Haha. Just shows how ill thought out the decision to bring the cameras in was. The first thing Scottish football fans think when they hear about Darvel should be that they beat Aberdeen but no. 

Edited by jimbaxters

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Auchinleck sitting quietly just off the top with games in hand which would put them top were they to win them.

We all know how Talbot have "been there done that", their squad know how to go on winning runs at this time of the year.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was then Talbot would be my pick at the moment, regardless of their mixed form.

While possible as you suggest, lot of big games still to go and some tricky away ties. Talbots still a team people will raise their game against so still a 3 possibly 4 horse race. Darvel not having to negotiate any cup fixtures and a deep pool of players to cover advantage still with them imo