Darvel FC Thread

9 hours ago, fb4 said:

Seriously 😂 😂 

Mick Kennedy was caught on camera approaching Jamie in his garden and finally got his man. Jamie left Talbot because he wasn't getting enough game time. He started with all guns blazing with the circus but has slowly been ushered to the bench again. I hope he gets back into the team or moves to another club which will be highly unlikely as nobody will match Darvel's asking price because they paid good money for him. Great wee player I was sad to see him leave Beechwood.

7 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Mick Kennedy was caught on camera approaching Jamie in his garden and finally got his man. Jamie left Talbot because he wasn't getting enough game time. He started with all guns blazing with the circus but has slowly been ushered to the bench again. I hope he gets back into the team or moves to another club which will be highly unlikely as nobody will match Darvel's asking price because they paid good money for him. Great wee player I was sad to see him leave Beechwood.

If they are getting paid the same if not less than other teams surely there is a deal to be made. I would think its better to play than just take the money after all its a short career ,what is the size of Darvel's squad. 

Edited by fb4

10 hours ago, beaver watch said:

What length of contract did Glasgow sign when he went to Darvel? 
Was a player I would have loved to have seen at Newlandsfield. 

23 minutes ago, lokforever said:

R6_B3Tx8_normal.jpg

We are pleased to announce that we have signed experienced midfielder Darren Miller after his release from St. Cadoc's. His deal runs until summer 2024. Welcome to the Peasy.

9:38 PM · Feb 20, 2023·
Views

Quite bizarre. Darvel Benburb Pollok Darvel St Cadocs Petershill

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Looking forward to beith v darvel on Saturday,  however I must admit that beith will be huge underdogs,  it's only darvels league to lose and what quality they've got in their ranks.

Why should beith be underdogs if anything beith are probably playing better than Darvel just cause their scottish Cup run don't mean Darvel are favourites for every game this is a game beith can and should win Darvel fairytale is over and has like last season so is the chance of promotion but don't also forget talbot has a say in all this if anything talbot win the games in hand we go 4 pts clear of both beith and Darvel 

Edited by allyg1977

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:

Why should beith be underdogs if anything beith are probably playing better than Darvel just cause their scottish Cup run don't mean Darvel are favourites for every game this is a game beith can and should win Darvel fairytale is over and has like last season so is the chance of promotion but don't also forget talbot has a say in all this if anything talbot win the games in hand we go 4 pts clear of both beith and Darvel 

The reason why Darvel are favorites is that most believe Darvel are by far the superior team in the division.  Beith have been playing great recently so it will be closer tie than expected which think most are all looking forward to.

Beith are top with 2 games more than Darvel and 5 games more than Auchinleck. Beith (19 - 42), Darvel (17 - 38) Talbot (14 - 30) so if both Darvel and Auchinleck won ALL games to draw level in games with Beith on (20 - 42), it would be Darvel (19 -44) Talbot (19 - 45).  Can I see Darvel winning the two games, yeah suppose and can I see Talbot winning the 5 games, nope, I expect points dropped in the next 5 games, so Beith right now are in the best position, especially if they beat Darvel. 

Teams who win leagues are experienced at it so Talbot are the most experienced at winning leagues, while Darvel are champions and why I think they will win the league again and Beith haven't won since 17-18 in the West region so I genuinely believe Talbot will be the closest challengers to Darvel retaining the premier league

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

8 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The reason why Darvel are favorites is that most believe Darvel are by far the superior team in the division.  Beith have been playing great recently so it will be closer tie than expected which think most are all looking forward to.

Beith are top with 2 games more than Darvel and 5 games more than Auchinleck. Beith (19 - 42), Darvel (17 - 38) Talbot (14 - 30) so if both Darvel and Auchinleck won ALL games to draw level in games with Beith on (20 - 42), it would be Darvel (19 -44) Talbot (19 - 45).  Can I see Darvel winning the two games, yeah suppose and can I see Talbot winning the 5 games, nope, I expect points dropped in the next 5 games, so Beith right now are in the best position, especially if they beat Darvel. 

Teams who win leagues are experienced at it so Talbot are the most experienced at winning leagues, while Darvel are champions and why I think they will win the league again and Beith haven't won since 17-18 in the West region so I genuinely believe Talbot will be the closest challengers to Darvel retaining the premier league

Don't know if that bottom paragraph is particularly true tbh. Darvel became champions last season and inexperience wasn't much of an issue then. 

I don’t think it’s just a 3 horse race as Clydebank have been slowly getting back into it and a couple of right good signings recently , we have a difficult game on Wednesday against hurlford as Darren will have them well set up before we play beith on Saturday , it will look after itself and if what I’m hearing from Talbot land that big Andy is going to be out for at least 4 weeks that’s a massive blow to their title challenge ,we all have to play each other so will be interesting the next few months 

7 hours ago, Shanner said:

Don't know if that bottom paragraph is particularly true tbh. Darvel became champions last season and inexperience wasn't much of an issue then. 

Darvel winning league last year with a lot of experience players in the team, (quite a few coming from alleged higher level), that was the main reason of experience when winning the league.    I'm am talking about teams who have the experience of winning leagues regularly, it does help but obviously there are exceptions. Not saying Beith cannot win it, not even saying Clydebank or Pollok cant either etc... but right now the two most experienced are Auchinleck with their manager n coaching staff who have been through it before and Darvel winning last year.

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

See also Leicester. In honesty the whole post is whataboutery.

jimbasters, don't be hard on yourself, I don't think your posts are whataboutery and I even think most people read these forums and think your posts are always totally relevant and interesting and add to the debates with good insightful information but then again, I've been wrong before 😶

6 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

I have just heard a rumour but there was a guy on here called Mkennedy who we all believe was or is the  Darvel manager now since his 5 mins of fame on tv I think he has been busy with other media work but why can't he come on here like oh he used and answer some of these points that people are asking instead of get people like ih8rangers and Darvel legend to answer for them or even get mr gall on here cause what was good before is just has good now cause  u had your 5 mins of fame why not be honest with people in what ur doing with this circus instead of oh look at me pantomime show u 2 r parading about 

And breathe.

On 20/02/2023 at 22:57, funky monkey said:

Quite bizarre. Darvel Benburb Pollok Darvel St Cadocs Petershill

Gifted lad and was a bit of a star at Queen's Park.  A bit temperamental and he should have done better for himself. Hopefully it all works for him at the Peasy.