Darvel FC Thread

On 15/02/2023 at 13:06, KD1711 said:

Ian McShane dropped from Falkirk who pay well when he was playing every week to Darvel and is allegedly on £800 a week. It is rumoured that Craig Moore is on 1k a week and got a Black Rooster franchise to sign. Not sure what your point is here as it is very clear they are dropping down for £.

🤣🤣🤣 £800s & 1k a week now 

brilliant there’s players in spl on £400 a week but darvel paying 1k’s 

you actually believe that!

On 15/02/2023 at 13:11, NUMBER 7 said:

McGlynn Falkirk manager in an interview was asked after the last league game against Alloa about the forthcoming  Cup Tie against Darvel.

He said, Falkirk would need to be well prepared and Darvel's results against Montrose and Aberdeen showed that they were a good side. He went on to say they had some players capable of playing at league two and maybe a couple at league one level, but they were only playing at Darvel because of the money.

Mcglynn would know eh musta been an interview no one seen!

utter rubbish this money there being paid carry on. 

On 15/02/2023 at 08:44, KD1711 said:

I'm sure that Ian McShane, Thomas Reilly, Daryll Meggatt, Craig Moore, Jordan Kirkpatrick and Andy Stirling all dropped out of the SPFL to play for the love of the game. 

They dropped out as they know there’s more to life than playing football, they all work & play it as a hobby & part time suits them 

Common sense they are not dropping out of playing with falkirk / st mirren / Ross county to join darvel & make out darvels paying more money than they clubs! They all work and play the fball to top up wages that would be better than ft football! 

Mick Kennedy was a success at Colville Park as they had more resources than other amateur teams.

He’s been a success at Darvel because he has had more resources than any other team in the leagues they have been in since he got involved. 

If he gets an opportunity at senior level it is unlikely that it will be at a club that has more resources than others in the league they are in. At that point we’ll find out if he is a good manager or simply a manager that has had more backing than others he is competing with. 

Bathgate are an example of a team that were backed by a wealthy individual, signed players from a higher level and paid higher wages than anyone else and we know how that ended when the money man walked away.

IH8Rangers suggests that players at Darvel aren’t there because they are being paid better wages or signing on benefits than elsewhere. Rangers adopted this same model under David Murray so I wonder what his view was on that? I expect it is similar to fans of a lot of teams that compete with Darvel but the thing that makes the Darvel situation less palatable is the artificiality of it as they have a very small support and it isn’t growing despite their success.

Darvel is a vanity project for Gall, Kennedy and some of the players. I don’t grudge the club their time in the limelight but some of the stuff over the last few weeks has been cringeworthy from staging the team talk for the cameras, Gall’s interviews etc. Gall may be a successful businessman and wealthy but he lacks class or humility. I’m glad he isn’t involved at Killie apart from as a sponsor. 

Michael Kennedy is involved with lots of companies from available information at Companies House. 

1 hour ago, Rugbyroader said:

Mick Kennedy was a success at Colville Park as they had more resources than other amateur teams.

He’s been a success at Darvel because he has had more resources than any other team in the leagues they have been in since he got involved. 

If he gets an opportunity at senior level it is unlikely that it will be at a club that has more resources than others in the league they are in. At that point we’ll find out if he is a good manager or simply a manager that has had more backing than others he is competing with. 

Bathgate are an example of a team that were backed by a wealthy individual, signed players from a higher level and paid higher wages than anyone else and we know how that ended when the money man walked away.

IH8Rangers suggests that players at Darvel aren’t there because they are being paid better wages or signing on benefits than elsewhere. Rangers adopted this same model under David Murray so I wonder what his view was on that? I expect it is similar to fans of a lot of teams that compete with Darvel but the thing that makes the Darvel situation less palatable is the artificiality of it as they have a very small support and it isn’t growing despite their success.

Darvel is a vanity project for Gall, Kennedy and some of the players. I don’t grudge the club their time in the limelight but some of the stuff over the last few weeks has been cringeworthy from staging the team talk for the cameras, Gall’s interviews etc. Gall may be a successful businessman and wealthy but he lacks class or humility. I’m glad he isn’t involved at Killie apart from as a sponsor. 

Michael Kennedy is involved with lots of companies from available information at Companies House. 

Slightly alarming for Darvel in your first sentence.

Colville Park no longer exist.

Hopefully DL and the rest of locals can pick up the pieces if this experiment goes Gretna like.

On 14/02/2023 at 10:35, Darvel legend said:

Mate I agree with u the football is great and I’ve no got a problem with mick and the players getting all the publicity but as for gall I saw him saying he’s no been in his business recently ,that’s because cameras have been all over darvel and no other reason , I’ve got my own business and clients know I’m from darvel , up until Last night most were raving about micks speech against Aberdeen  but to a man they all think gall is a Walloper , my answer to that is who is the best junior team of all time ? They all reply the Talbot and I reply saying can u telL me what Henry dumigan looks like and they all say who ? Now  all of us in the junior game know who Henry is but keeps out the limelight , the way it should be but no gall ,I heard him Saying we will get crowds of a 1000 on different tv stations , aye he will if the other team bring 750 wae them 

when mick leaves and he will the club will Go on but gall picking a manager will be interesting as he’s clueless about the game . 

as for last nights game we needed 9or 10 players on top of their game but was evident from very early on we were off it and it was going to be a long night , Falkirk did their homework and were miles  better.

and the bottom Line is the club has spent a fortune and we are out of every competition apart from the league , I think we will win it but if we don’t then I would suggest the season is a failure, let’s hope they can go on and win it but it won’t be easy 

DL - ‘It’s about the players and manager’

also DL ..

1D6B66C9-0F8F-4319-8BE3-D307D04DD784.jpeg

For what it's worth I was in the piemans company when he was asked about players wages he said an average of less than £250.I also work with a close relative of one who confirmed that his relation was on £250 and the top wage was £16k a year. No one is getting £800-1000 a week and some of these players from the senior game weren't getting a game.Moore hadn't kicked a ball for a season and was the understudy to Shankland before that. Hardly a player that Championship clubs would be chasing. Mick Kennedy is the Mourhinho of lower league football.He doesn't just buy team he puts it together and gets them playing to the best of there ability.Best non league manager about 

4 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

For what it's worth I was in the piemans company when he was asked about players wages he said an average of less than £250.I also work with a close relative of one who confirmed that his relation was on £250 and the top wage was £16k a year. No one is getting £800-1000 a week and some of these players from the senior game weren't getting a game.Moore hadn't kicked a ball for a season and was the understudy to Shankland before that. Hardly a player that Championship clubs would be chasing. Mick Kennedy is the Mourhinho of lower league football.He doesn't just buy team he puts it together and gets them playing to the best of there ability.Best non league manager about 

£250 pw average away and give me peace , it will be nothing like that and if it was the league should be wrapped up already and it’s far from It , that was another disappointing performance today and thankfully Talbot and beith dropped points also , but gall said we would beat anyone in league 2 we’ll that’s 2 gos at the glens this season and no wins , he’d be better keeping his trap shut as he only talks absolute nonsense and has no idea about football , it will be hard enough to get out this league let alone anything else 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

£250 pw average away and give me peace , it will be nothing like that and if it was the league should be wrapped up already and it’s far from It , that was another disappointing performance today and thankfully Talbot and beith dropped points also , but gall said we would beat anyone in league 2 we’ll that’s 2 gos at the glens this season and no wins , he’d be better keeping his trap shut as he only talks absolute nonsense and has no idea about football , it will be hard enough to get out this league let alone anything else 

How slow & bad was some of that game? meechan is a footballer dressed up, Forfar by f**k I’d hunt him back. Never seen a player so negative with a ball at his feet it’s backwards constantly! Darvel will miss meggatt bigtime, big centre ok with ball at feet but looks slow and was at fault for equaliser. No idea what happened to the 2/2 goal seemed a bit of a weak effort that beat the keeper! I can’t for the life of me see what mick see’s in left back area? McGowan looks lost he’s in the middle of the park more than anyone !

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Think he’s no the only one that’s better keeping his trap shut!!!!

13 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

How slow & bad was some of that game? meechan is a footballer dressed up, Forfar by f**k I’d hunt him back. Never seen a player so negative with a ball at his feet it’s backwards constantly! Darvel will miss meggatt bigtime, big centre ok with ball at feet but looks slow and was at fault for equaliser. No idea what happened to the 2/2 goal seemed a bit of a weak effort that beat the keeper! I can’t for the life of me see what mick see’s in left back area? McGowan looks lost he’s in the middle of the park more than anyone !

Mate im micks biggest fan but if was symie the night I’d be battering down his door , I’m no going to comment on any of the 2 signings as I’ve no seen enough of them to do so but on todays evidence no going to improve the team any , meechan I’ve already spoke about , would rather pass it back as do anything constructive , I can only assume Jordan Allen’s attitude is no right as he’s our best left back by a country mile , Wullie Robertson , Craig truesdale and Meggat are huge losses but we have biggest squad in the league and with no disrespect to glenafton we should be taking 6 points off them , we have taken 2 which simply is no good enough 

23 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate im micks biggest fan but if was symie the night I’d be battering down his door , I’m no going to comment on any of the 2 signings as I’ve no seen enough of them to do so but on todays evidence no going to improve the team any , meechan I’ve already spoke about , would rather pass it back as do anything constructive , I can only assume Jordan Allen’s attitude is no right as he’s our best left back by a country mile , Wullie Robertson , Craig truesdale and Meggat are huge losses but we have biggest squad in the league and with no disrespect to glenafton we should be taking 6 points off them , we have taken 2 which simply is no good enough 

You are being very disrespectful to Glenafton why should you be taking 6 points off us today we fought for every ball and the team spirit was there for all to see unlike your team of big time Charlie’s also Mr Haswell was very good to you today let you away with a lot

38 minutes ago, glenmuir said:

You are being very disrespectful to Glenafton why should you be taking 6 points off us today we fought for every ball and the team spirit was there for all to see unlike your team of big time Charlie’s also Mr Haswell was very good to you today let you away with a lot

Just a pity that team spirit only turns up every now and then be a bit like Arthurlie pick and choose effort, 

42 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Did the Aberdeen/Falkirk Darvel fans return today?

5 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Just a pity that team spirit only turns up every now and then be a bit like Arthurlie pick and choose effort, 

Why are you concerned who was there? Better concentrating on your relegation battle!