Darvel FC Thread

Forum full of jealousy, mick & john no matter what they do or have done with there money should not be anyones business, I’d rather watch darvel than any other team at junior level regardless of there fan base I would pay my £8 to watch them than watch any other team in the league.

They at least try & play football & not hoofball. 

They were in the game tonight at 2-1 albeit they were overall poor .

Sitting there waiting to slag them when they go out isn’t rite no matter who you support any proper wosfl supporter would have wanted darvel to win tonight& not worry about john & mick or whoever else is involved  seems like too many people are worrying about that side of things rather than the football .

1 hour ago, Ih8rangers said:

Forum full of jealousy, mick & john no matter what they do or have done with there money should not be anyones business, I’d rather watch darvel than any other team at junior level regardless of there fan base I would pay my £8 to watch them than watch any other team in the league.

Sitting there waiting to slag them when they go out isn’t rite no matter who you support any proper wosfl supporter would have wanted darvel to win tonight& not worry about john & mick or whoever else is involved  seems like too many people are worrying about that side of things rather than the football .

Nah a team deserves credit where credit is due not the circus of clowns running darvel we all know they have put more money in that is sustainable in our league plus no other manager or chairman go around acting like they do wether on the pitch or off it 

4 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Gies peace. The reason most folk wanted them to go out was for the same reason folk wanted Gretna to implode; they're a side full of players who should be playing at a much higher level. That's fair enough, as a football career isn't the most lucrative occupation in Scotland. But for it to be portrayed as 'plucky wee Darvel, the giant killers' was nauseating pish. 

7 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Complete nonsense. Imagine saying what they do is no-one's business. They're the ones who are making it everybody's business by banging their gums at every given opportunity. After the last match, I gave the team talk a body swerve so don't know what was said but the fact that it happened (twice!) shows what a walking ego the manager is and watching Gall's shiny wee napper bouncing about on camera is also anything but endearing. 

The post above about budget and supposed giant killing is spot on. No way should they have beaten Aberdeen but there's also no way that group of players are Tier 6. Anyone who knows football, knows that. 

But at least there's a legacy there. A load of scaffolding poles and boards for the weans to play on when the games are on. 

Edited by jimbaxters

40 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Some right angry folk on here 😃

Some folks just don't like change. Natural order and all that. Darvel and their like should know their place and stay in the lower divisions. It's the same attitude with all these damned ex boys clubs and ammies in their cages and fields; who do they think they are?

People should know their place and stay there.

8 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

It's not full of jealousy. Darvel are a simple curiosity.

All stems from the unsustainability of the project, players that should be playing at a higher level, but choose to play in the 4000 populated village of Darvel. It stems from the nonsense spouted from the fame craving pair of Gall and Kennedy.

Soldiers of love indeed.

Were you a Darvel fan before the money days?

Edited by funky monkey

The publicity and kudos the WOS now get thanks to these cup runs is fantastic. People who normally have no knowledge of football at this level now do and if that gets more feet through the turnstiles of local clubs 👍👍

So Talbot, Pollok, Clydebank, Cumnock, Drum and yes even Darvel, keep it up may each new  Big Scottish season bring another new name to the fore.

3 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The publicity and kudos the WOS now get thanks to these cup runs is fantastic. People who normally have no knowledge of football at this level now do and if that gets more feet through the turnstiles of local clubs 👍👍

So Talbot, Pollok, Clydebank, Cumnock, Drum and yes even Darvel, keep it up may each new  Big Scottish season bring another new name to the fore.

This is very true.

However, my sincere hope is that it's a self sustaining club that does our level proud next time and not one man's vanity project.

What name will you remember from this cup run, John Gall, possibly Mick Kennedy?

I suppose at least the town of Darvel is now on the map because of the Aberdeen result.

Will Gall and Kennedy stay for the long haul?

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

This is very true.

However, my sincere hope is that it's a self sustaining club that does our level proud next time and not one man's vanity project.

What name will you remember from this cup run, John Gall, possibly Mick Kennedy?

I suppose at least the town of Darvel is now on the map because of the Aberdeen result.

Will Gall and Kennedy stay for the long haul?

Totally agree what we don't need is for the Gall/Kennedy roadshow to move on without leaving Darvel in a sustainable place.

Just look at the s**tshow in the EOS with the money man walking out on Syngenta and apparently moving to Camelon. 

Everyone knew it would happen one day. Worry is now for future of Camelon.

2 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Totally agree what we don't need is for the Gall/Kennedy roadshow to move on without leaving Darvel in a sustainable place.

Just look at the s**tshow in the EOS with the money man walking out on Syngenta and apparently moving to Camelon. 

Everyone knew it would happen one day. Worry is now for future of Camelon.

Aye, I read about that this week.

With his star high, wil Kennedy jump ship if a big club comes in for him? Surely no smoke without fire on previous link with Pollok?

If Kennedy goes, where does that leave Gall?

If they both leave where does that leave Darvel?

Plenty of happy people on here they couldn't wait to see Darvel get beat. Darvel have shown what the standard of football is in the WOSFL and can only be good for the game at this level.Most other clubs would love a chairman and manger like Mike and John. As for the manager moving on to a bigger club it won't be any in the WOSFL he will be aiming much higher than that. He's been quoted for the Patrick job along with a the likes of Hughes and other failed top league managers.The pieman is in for the long haul and most of the  investment in the team has came from sponsors ,cup runs and advertiser's. As for last night's game beat by a better team simple as that though the sending off didn't help. 

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

How many of them will come back? How many were actually Darvel fans?

The proof will be in the pudding on Saturday V Glenafton Athletic.

Screenshot_2023-02-14-08-23-42-787-edit_com.twitter.android.jpg

We went 2 darvel after aberdeen game n u were lucky if there was 100 home fans.  U kinda feel sorry for them cos no even the people of darvel really care about them. 

Mon the papers 

9 minutes ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Plenty of happy people on here they couldn't wait to see Darvel get beat. Darvel have shown what the standard of football is in the WOSFL and can only be good for the game at this level.Most other clubs would love a chairman and manger like Mike and John. As for the manager moving on to a bigger club it won't be any in the WOSFL he will be aiming much higher than that. He's been quoted for the Patrick job along with a the likes of Hughes and other failed top league managers.The pieman is in for the long haul and most of the  investment in the team has came from sponsors ,cup runs and advertiser's. As for last night's game beat by a better team simple as that though the sending off didn't help. 

Plenty of people on here want to have a go at the people who question Darvel's sustainability. Has Falkirk spend £12K on a player over the last couple of seasons. A point not often mentioned is how Darvel splashing the cash on players has had a knock on effect in the game. It's not all about so a of the Darvel project and abrasive characters involved, it's more about the sustainability of a club that has little growth potential in a village with a population of 4000.

9 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Mate I agree with u the football is great and I’ve no got a problem with mick and the players getting all the publicity but as for gall I saw him saying he’s no been in his business recently ,that’s because cameras have been all over darvel and no other reason , I’ve got my own business and clients know I’m from darvel , up until Last night most were raving about micks speech against Aberdeen  but to a man they all think gall is a Walloper , my answer to that is who is the best junior team of all time ? They all reply the Talbot and I reply saying can u telL me what Henry dumigan looks like and they all say who ? Now  all of us in the junior game know who Henry is but keeps out the limelight , the way it should be but no gall ,I heard him Saying we will get crowds of a 1000 on different tv stations , aye he will if the other team bring 750 wae them 

when mick leaves and he will the club will Go on but gall picking a manager will be interesting as he’s clueless about the game . 

as for last nights game we needed 9or 10 players on top of their game but was evident from very early on we were off it and it was going to be a long night , Falkirk did their homework and were miles  better.

and the bottom Line is the club has spent a fortune and we are out of every competition apart from the league , I think we will win it but if we don’t then I would suggest the season is a failure, let’s hope they can go on and win it but it won’t be easy