Darvel FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Tickets sold out yesterday no public sale today. Well done Darvel fans 👏

Is this the same well done darvel that took 50 to Auchinleck and about 100 to a home game against clydebank last week. 

19 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Is this the same well done darvel that took 50 to Auchinleck and about 100 to a home game against clydebank last week. 

Seems quite remarkable that there's no public sale.

Wonder what the breakdown is, home/away/friends and family/corporate sponsors/freebies?

14 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Wonder what the breakdown is, home/away/friends and family/corporate sponsors/freebies?

At £20 a head is it little wonder 🤔 

59 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Think the issue here is the capacity has been severely cut by the police after the Aberdeen game  , but all the club has to do is tell the public this and it’s easy explanation ,instead they say there is going to be public sale and then no tickets left which is causing a bit of anger .

im sure said mick said last game players wanted a 1000 tickets between them  , Falkirk get 900 , why I don’t know ? Doesn’t leave a great deal for the public but to be fair I don’t have a great deal of sympathy for the darvel public as they don’t support the team any other time .

36 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Think the issue here is the capacity has been severely cut by the police after the Aberdeen game  , but all the club has to do is tell the public this and it’s easy explanation ,instead they say there is going to be public sale and then no tickets left which is causing a bit of anger .

im sure said mick said last game players wanted a 1000 tickets between them  , Falkirk get 900 , why I don’t know ? Doesn’t leave a great deal for the public but to be fair I don’t have a great deal of sympathy for the darvel public as they don’t support the team any other time .

Any idea why the capacity has been cut? I thought all authorities complimented Darvel for their handling of the Aberdeen game?

Agree it would have been more reasonable to explain this rather than the headline grabbing no public sale.

There was a public sale it was at the game on Saturday.Between what they sold on Saturday and to lottery members and season ticket holders on Sunday there is none left. The capacity was cut because the police said it was to busy the last time. If the public had known that there would be nowhere near the number available as the Aberdeen game I am sure there would have been a lot more at the game on Saturday.A missed opportunity by Darvel unlike them 

1 hour ago, Bheaten Castard said:

There was a public sale it was at the game on Saturday.Between what they sold on Saturday and to lottery members and season ticket holders on Sunday there is none left. The capacity was cut because the police said it was to busy the last time. If the public had known that there would be nowhere near the number available as the Aberdeen game I am sure there would have been a lot more at the game on Saturday.A missed opportunity by Darvel unlike them 

So they were putting 500 tickets up for sale on Saturday for those attending the WoSFL fixture. Was there 500 Darvel fans in attendance? I'm assuming ST holders and lottery members were already catered for?

Bizarre from the police. I hadn't heard any issues around too many in for the Dons game, just that Darvel had managed the event well.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

So they were putting 500 tickets up for sale on Saturday for those attending the WoSFL fixture. Was there 500 Darvel fans in attendance? I'm assuming ST holders and lottery members were already catered for?

Bizarre from the police. I hadn't heard any issues around too many in for the Dons game, just that Darvel had managed the event well.

I would hope that season ticket holders and lottery members would have the chance to buy more than one ticket. 

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I agree with your last few lines 100% Iv Been to many places to watch darvel & tbh sometimes I think to myself there’s more at a tossing school 
maybole last year in a cup game I counted 15 fans. 

31 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

I agree with your last few lines 100% Iv Been to many places to watch darvel & tbh sometimes I think to myself there’s more at a tossing school 
maybole last year in a cup game I counted 15 fans. 

Mate Clydebank last Wednesday sickened me but didn’t surprise me , first game after beating Aberdeen and there was more there from Clydebank 

3 hours ago, funky monkey said:

If you had read the post you would have seen I said a missed opportunity if the public had known the capacity was cut. Lottery and season ticket holders were catered for on Sunday as I said in the post. I believe they could buy up to 4 and we're sold out long before the 5 pm deadline. The capacity was cut by the police because it was to busy so there must have been issues with parking and congestion on the main road. If you really want to know you can email the chief constable 

The capacity was cut by around 500, Darvel capacity for the game is 1800 and Falkirk is 900.

Darvel have sold out, I believe Falkirk have very limited numbers of tickets left and will sell out.

As I have said before we appreciate every bit of support we get, we will continue to try and grow the fan base but the club is in a great position off the park we will continue working hard to improve. 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate Clydebank last Wednesday sickened me but didn’t surprise me , first game after beating Aberdeen and there was more there from Clydebank 

i was expecting a decent crowd fae use last wed but if ur 1st home game after beating aberdeen can only bring in less than 100 people then the people of darvel really dont give a f#ck. as much as i dont like the pie man as hes a smug p#ick u cant fault his efforts for darvel. maybe if he was a likeable guy then people might go doon support them???

mon the papers