Darvel FC Thread

7 minutes ago, holmparkheroes said:

That’s okay for the punters, but don’t forget that the players and management staff need to be there one and a quarter hours before kickoff and kit people even before that.

Oh, totally - I can remember one time not that long ago when we were slated for a 6.30pm kickoff over at Shotts and witnessed a carload of our players screeching into the car park at 6.25 and getting out in full kit. Hardly ideal preparation for the game.

As I say, I'm not advocating a return to the old ways...just on a personal level I find myself less likely to take in a game at night when I'm not likely to make it home till closer to 11.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

South Challenge Cup matches this weekend, Scottish Junior Cup quarter finals the following weekend, and WoSFL Cup last 16 coming up later in the month.

Once those are clear Kennie will be able to fill in a lot of gaps. At the moment a lot of future dates are pencilled in for the next round of the cups, and Kennie needs to wait to see who's in them.

Junior Cup shouldn’t be getting preference over league matches.

Its optional.

4 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

If it doesn't why is it taking up a Saturday where league games should be played explain that one.😋

There are set dates for Scottish Junior Cup rounds, agreed by the WoSFL. If a Scottish Junior Cup match is postponed on that set date it does not automatically take priority over the following week's WoSFL league match the way it used to when the SJFA were the governing body.

Edited by glensmad

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

There are set dates for Scottish Junior Cup rounds, agreed by the WoSFL. If a Scottish Junior Cup match is postponed on that set date it does not automatically take priority over the following week's WoSFL league match the way it used to when the SJFA were the governing body.

Every thing you say is correct but when the postponement is put back into the calendar it still takes up another Saturday therefore taking preference over league games.

1 minute ago, wow-wee said:

Every thing you say is correct but when the postponement is put back into the calendar it still takes up another Saturday therefore taking preference over league games.

Not necessarily. There is no rule that it has to be on a Saturday.

1 minute ago, wow-wee said:

Also even if a team has voluntarily entered the junior cup it's played on a Saturday and again taking preference over league games

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Example of a postponed game say beith v largs postponed in October you going to tell me that this game would not be played on a Saturday

It probably would, but not necessarily on a Saturday where a WoSFL league match has already been scheduled.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

It probably would, but not necessarily on a Saturday where a WoSFL league match has already been scheduled

So your now saying that there are free Saturdays around that time of the year when a full fixture list has already been posted ? 

43 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

So your now saying that there are free Saturdays around that time of the year when a full fixture list has already been posted ? 

No, the match could be played on the set date of the next round, which is what has happened already this season, or if a window of opportunity arose on another Saturday where a league fixture is not already scheduled. But there's no point in talking hypothetics. Anyway, yes, we're miles off topic. 🤣

On 31/01/2023 at 14:19, beaver watch said:

I was wondering why you were relating to juniors when this is a thread on a senior clubs thread

A bit more of your reverse logic here. 
I was the one who was drawing attention to the fact that former Dons manager had perhaps been disrespectful to pyramid semi professional clubs who play in the tiered structure setup.

Some things turn into hard work eh???

1 hour ago, Man from the East said:

A bit more of your reverse logic here. 
I was the one who was drawing attention to the fact that former Dons manager had perhaps been disrespectful to pyramid semi professional clubs who play in the tiered structure setup.

Some things turn into hard work eh???

I think I better body swerve you m8 you seem a rather angry individual.