Darvel FC Thread

On 27/01/2023 at 12:54, jimbaxters said:

Great to see you posting TB. Been ages. Hope you're well pal. As for your suggestion, that was merely an expletive redaction and one which when I read it back is almost as cringe as the subject of the post.

The article will go down well with the current and recent incumbents...or not.

Cheers jb. Yeah,it's been a wee while but all good bud. On the subject of team talks however,if you can thole listening to the very odd couple of Scottish football, tune in to yesterday's OTB and you'll hear Mr.Gall provide a team talk for all of Darvel's future opponents. Quite a remarkable interview.

6 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Cheers jb. Yeah,it's been a wee while but all good bud. On the subject of team talks however,if you can thole listening to the very odd couple of Scottish football, tune in to yesterday's OTB and you'll hear Mr.Gall provide a team talk for all of Darvel's future opponents. Quite a remarkable interview.

Sickening. 

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Saw the darvel Twitter was on offering Hibs tips, Gall was tweeting things like ‘borheed’ and on the radio promoting the West by claiming the likes of anyone could beat Ayr United, predicting Darvel would easy win 12-0 yesterday.

Arthurlie however missed the memo! Hope every team responds like they did 

It really is remarkable the Pish he comes away with 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I’d say 80-100 which is a lot better than normal but after Monday I would have expected more , where we were standing a lot of neutrals just wanting to see us which is understandable with all the publicity the club has been getting 

30 to 50 more than made the trip to Auchinleck for the Scottish to face Gall's big rivals. 

12 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

What was said 

21 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

30 to 50 more than made the trip to Auchinleck for the Scottish to face Gall's big rivals. 

Aye it is mate but if they cannot grow the support over the next few months than the baw is burst , and it will improve up to the Falkirk game and if we were lucky enough to win it keeps the pot boiling but it’s once its all over it will be Interesting to see what happens 

9 hours ago, funky monkey said:

How many Darvel fans followed the history makers to Barrhead yesterday?

I was surprised how many they brought up yesterday, certainly more than DL suggests.  I'd say at least double. 

Most were easy to spot with their Darvel jackets and blue hats😀

There were also many more people from Barrhead there who don't normally go along to Dunterlie, obviously interested after Monday night's result.  Hopefully some of them will come back to watch Arthurlie more often. 

5 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I was surprised how many they brought up yesterday, certainly more than DL suggests.  I'd say at least double. 

Most were easy to spot with their Darvel jackets and blue hats😀

There were also many more people from Barrhead there who don't normally go along to Dunterlie, obviously interested after Monday night's result.  Hopefully some of them will come back to watch Arthurlie more often. 

And that’s what it’s all about , is the old boy ok who fell yesterday ok ? He went down with some clatter 

43 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

And that’s what it’s all about , is the old boy ok who fell yesterday ok ? He went down with some clatter 

I only heard about after the game as I was at the opposite end from where the goals were scored and haven't heard anything else. 

I believe your physio helped him so well done.  

I was at the Pollok game a couple of weeks ago and an old boy fell back then too. 

Edited by paul wright scores
Predictive text

Glad to hear the man is recovering  

Did this happen up at the railway end  behind the goals at all ( fully realise that this probably isn't the real name of it) ?

It's an absolute hazard that end and more so at the corner flag when making your way round to the covered Stand .

47 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Glad to hear the man is recovering  

Did this happen up at the railway end  behind the goals at all ( fully realise that this probably isn't the real name of it) ?

It's an absolute hazard that end and more so at the corner flag when making your way round to the covered Stand .

This is a few times you’ve mentioned the so called absolute hazard. Can you explain exactly where these so called hazards are? There are areas behind the top goals which are unsafe and are chained off. There was a substantial amount of money spent last summer to make improvements on loose slabs and stuff on the terrace from top corner to bottom corner. The Budget only stretches so far, what i will say is the fall was not due to any damage or unsafe conditions so you jumping to conclusions isn’t helpful 

16 minutes ago, john-m- said:

This is a few times you’ve mentioned the so called absolute hazard. Can you explain exactly where these so called hazards are? There are areas behind the top goals which are unsafe and are chained off. There was a substantial amount of money spent last summer to make improvements on loose slabs and stuff on the terrace from top corner to bottom corner. The Budget only stretches so far, what i will say is the fall was not due to any damage or unsafe conditions so you jumping to conclusions isn’t helpful 

Not jumping to any conclusions at all I was asking a simple question on an open forum , isn't that allowed these days?? 

And for what it's worth it's not very clever behind them goals in my opinion to say the least , chained off areas and uneven ground and bits that are better to be avoided,  it for me isn't a good area to negotiate at the football at all.

44 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Not jumping to any conclusions at all I was asking a simple question on an open forum , isn't that allowed these days?? 

And for what it's worth it's not very clever behind them goals in my opinion to say the least , chained off areas and uneven ground and bits that are better to be avoided,  it for me isn't a good area to negotiate at the football at all.

I answered your question but you never answered mine. If you could explain where the hazards you mentioned were then these can be checked and added to the other repairs required. As i said once the budget allows repairs will be carried out, the reason for the chains is that particular area isn’t ideal and this is to deter people from using that section which in turn should negate any potential hazard 

Edited by john-m-