Darvel FC Thread

Let's be honest the last few days have just shown what a two faced twat that the so called darvel legend really is , a two faced back stabbing individual who thinks he's a big shot In bad mouthing Mick and joh gall but clinging onto all that that they  brought to darvel and it's community of late, but all of a sudden great after beating Aberdeen, 

Darvel legend is a wrong un

5 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Let's be honest the last few days have just shown what a two faced twat that the so called darvel legend really is , a two faced back stabbing individual who thinks he's a big shot In bad mouthing Mick and joh gall but clinging onto all that that they  brought to darvel and it's community of late, but all of a sudden great after beating Aberdeen, 

Darvel legend is a wrong un

😂😂😂ur a fucking idiot , show me a post I bad mouthed mick 🤭

5 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

😂😂😂ur a fucking idiot , show me a post I bad mouthed mick 🤭

Seriously Darvel legend u have said things in the past about Darvel and how u were put out of the club but u stuck to ur guns and still supported them regardless yes the Aberdeen result was good but don't start going ur old way cause u got beat today the Scottish Cup is a bonus the league is what ur after but no need to call someone a idiot cause all ur doing is making it worse for yourself but if ur players can't get themselves up for today's game that's upto ur team but keep going in the Scottish cause u will lose the league that's for sure mind u you could be 3rd soon then it will be oh how the mighty have fallen 

On 24/01/2023 at 09:45, LongTimeLurker said:

No idea why anyone would get worked up over something like that. Tier 6 and below is going to be colloquially referred to as "the juniors" for a while by a lot of people simply out of force of habit. When I was a wee kid in the early 70s I used to listen to older people talking about A division and B division quite a bit long after those had ceased to be the names that the SFL used. Beyond that he technically isn't actually wrong. Darvel rejoined the SJFA this season and that set the scene for this tweet last night from the guy that scored the goal against Darvel for Glentanar (an Aberdeen junior club) during a 10-1 defeat:

Maybe because they’ve got the vision to invest in their playing squad and facility. Those dressing rooms are a class act, hope the rest of their plans come to fruition.

I noticed they also had one player on the bench that they paid £10,000 transfer fee for. 

Not quite standard  junior thinking.

Many thanks for the visionaries.

Goodluck in the new job Mr Goodwin - the juniors are always there to be considered and they seem to have budget and facilities. 

9 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Seriously Darvel legend u have said things in the past about Darvel and how u were put out of the club but u stuck to ur guns and still supported them regardless yes the Aberdeen result was good but don't start going ur old way cause u got beat today the Scottish Cup is a bonus the league is what ur after but no need to call someone a idiot cause all ur doing is making it worse for yourself but if ur players can't get themselves up for today's game that's upto ur team but keep going in the Scottish cause u will lose the league that's for sure mind u you could be 3rd soon then it will be oh how the mighty have fallen 

I don't think the Darvel players had any problem motivating themselves for yesterday' game, they were in control of the game until Arthurlie scored their first goal. 

After that Arthurlie got a massive lift and put Darvel on the back foot for 10-15 minutes when they scored another twice. 

After that Darvel tried very hard to get an equaliser and Arthurlie defended their lead with the same determination that Darvel defended their lead last Monday night. 

Edited by paul wright scores
Typo

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

I don't think the Darvel players had any problem motivating themselves for yesterday' game, they were in control of the game until Arthurlie scored their first goal. 

After that Arthurlie got a massive lift and put Darvel on the back foot for 10-15 minutes when they scored another twice. 

After that Darvel tried very hard to get an equaliser and Arthurlie defended their lead with the same determination that Darvel defended their lead last Monday night. 

Gutted I missed it!!

2 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Maybe because they’ve got the vision to invest in their playing squad and facility. Those dressing rooms are a class act, hope the rest of their plans come to fruition.

I noticed they also had one player on the bench that they paid £10,000 transfer fee for. 

Not quite standard  junior thinking.

Many thanks for the visionaries.

Goodluck in the new job Mr Goodwin - the juniors are always there to be considered and they seem to have budget and facilities. 

And there's the word "THEY'VE"  but It's not the club its one individual. The vast majority of Junior clubs as you wrongly put it are self sufficient community clubs. What he spent on those dressing rooms most clubs can only dream off.

34 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

And there's the word "THEY'VE"  but It's not the club its one individual. The vast majority of Junior clubs as you wrongly put it are self sufficient community clubs. What he spent on those dressing rooms most clubs can only dream off.

Credit for the Aberdeen result. Takes more than money to dig out a result like that.

However, when all is said and done, Darvel is still just one man's vanity project.

39 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

How many Darvel fans followed the history makers to Barrhead yesterday?

I’d say 80-100 which is a lot better than normal but after Monday I would have expected more , where we were standing a lot of neutrals just wanting to see us which is understandable with all the publicity the club has been getting 

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I’d say 80-100 which is a lot better than normal but after Monday I would have expected more , where we were standing a lot of neutrals just wanting to see us which is understandable with all the publicity the club has been getting 

Is there a Darvel supporters bus?

Saw the darvel Twitter was on offering Hibs tips, Gall was tweeting things like ‘borheed’ and on the radio promoting the West by claiming the likes of anyone could beat Ayr United, predicting Darvel would easy win 12-0 yesterday.

Arthurlie however missed the memo! Hope every team responds like they did