Darvel FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

It was posted somewhere on here the prize money breakdown and I think if Darvel had gone out the other night there  money would have been around the £45k mark not counting tickets etc v Aberdeen. I believe the ground improvements to host the game were in the region of 40-50k so even although they will pocket a few quid unless they beat Falkirk I wouldn’t think the prize money will be enough for 2 seasons with the outgoings that the club has.

There was a graphic posted before that included TV money for each round as well that I'm sure was £45½K for reaching the round they are now at. Had Aberdeen won they still have got around £19K. I tried searching for the prize breakdown (not on P&B) but couldn't find anything.

48 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

There was a graphic posted before that included TV money for each round as well that I'm sure was £45½K for reaching the round they are now at. Had Aberdeen won they still have got around £19K. I tried searching for the prize breakdown (not on P&B) but couldn't find anything.

If you look at the thread for ‘Scottish Cup Draw’ on this site (further down), on page 4, someone has put how much money teams get for reaching a particular round - as well as how much for tv money. 

2 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

For reaching round 5 if Darvel and then eliminated they will receive £47,250.  In round 4 they also received £24,000 for the game being televised live

Both Linlithgow and Drumchapel received £19,600 for exciting the cup at round 4

Just noticed the 5th round tie against Falkirk will be live on tv, means that Darvel will receive another £24,000 for the game being televised.

The attendance money goes like, from 4th round up, 5% goes to SFA, then 20% goes to home club and then the rest is divided between home and away

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

It was posted somewhere on here the prize money breakdown and I think if Darvel had gone out the other night there  money would have been around the £45k mark not counting tickets etc v Aberdeen. I believe the ground improvements to host the game were in the region of 40-50k so even although they will pocket a few quid unless they beat Falkirk I wouldn’t think the prize money will be enough for 2 seasons with the outgoings that the club has.

Just like most clubs then even the ones at the top end of the game. See that big  advertising board that run along the Darvel side of the pitch..It costs a fortune to advertise on it during a TV game plus other sponsorship deals will take the money made well over £45k. The pieman must be loving all this free advertising on national telly he is enjoying. 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Just noticed the 5th round tie against Falkirk will be live on tv, means that Darvel will receive another £24,000 for the game being televised.

Monday night on BBC Scotland k.o. 7.45pm again. Of course.

(13th February)

Well I can’t believe what I just witnessed up 2-0 cruising and a huge chance to make it 3-0 and game over , missed it and 30 seconds later 2-1 and game on and after that Arthurlie deserved their win , back to earth with a bump but that’s football  , hope the old boy who fell and banged his head on the terracing  late on makes a full recovery as he gave himself a really sore one 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

Well I can’t believe what I just witnessed up 2-0 cruising and a huge chance to make it 3-0 and game over , missed it and 30 seconds later 2-1 and game on and after that Arthurlie deserved their win , back to earth with a bump but that’s football  , hope the old boy who fell and banged his head on the terracing  late on makes a full recovery as he gave himself a really sore one 

League might not be over then?

7 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Opinion on darvel left back McGowan?

can’t defend any high balls over the top at fault for 2 goals wrong side of player , seen him a few times and his defending part of the game needs questioning. Defo weak link for darvel he was torrid first 15 mins against aberdeen also before they switched the boy to other side of park against him! Also no 20 Is a player dressed up his touch is like an elephant & he’s terrified to header a ball or go in for a hard tackle!

darvel we’re crusing and looked in no danger amazing how 1 goal changes a full game they looked gone at 2/1 and only matter of time before 2/2

arthurlie not scored a goal in 4 games prior to today worrying they can score 3 against darvel 

Edited by Ih8rangers

Just now, Darvel legend said:

We are 3 games away from Europe Andy , u keep on dreaming u can win the league

😂😂😂

You won't beat Falkirk..

Let's just wait till the end of the season to see who's laughing. 

41 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Opinion on darvel left back McGowan?

can’t defend any high balls over the top at fault for 2 goals wrong side of player , seen him a few times and his defending part of the game needs questioning. Defo weak link for darvel he was torrid first 15 mins against aberdeen also before they switched the boy to other side of park against him! Also no 20 Is a player dressed up his touch is like an elephant & he’s terrified to header a ball or go in for a hard tackle!

darvel we’re crusing and looked in no danger amazing how 1 goal changes a full game they looked gone at 2/1 and only matter of time before 2/2

arthurlie not scored a goal in 4 games prior to today worrying they can score 3 against darvel 

I don’t criticise individual players mate but im amazed he’s playing before Jordan Allan but ive no ideas what gos on at training etc and mick doesn’t make many mistakes so we just have to dust ourself down and go again Wednesday as It will be a really hard game , bankies are no mugs 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

I don’t criticise individual players mate but im amazed he’s playing before Jordan Allan but ive no ideas what gos on at training etc and mick doesn’t make many mistakes so we just have to dust ourself down and go again Wednesday as It will be a really hard game , bankies are no mugs 

Nor myself but when same players keep looking weaklinks surely they need dropped. I said at ht that arthurlie posed 0 threat playing with 1 man up top. Then a long ball forward from nothing and it was game on. Twice the same ball caused McGowan a problem & 2 goals came from it then he got subbed! Ok on the ball & bursting forward but can’t defend to save himself & I don’t see what no20 brings to the team apart from negative football backwards all the time & is a coward in a challenge !

17 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Tranent, Stirling uni, Talbot of course Mick doesn't make mistakes. 

1 minute ago, beaver watch said:

Tranent, Stirling uni, Talbot of course Mick doesn't make mistakes. 

I’m no saying mick doesn’t make mistakes but teams can beat us with no mistakes being made in team selection. 
the Scottish cup run is amazing for the club  and the town but I would be amazed If winning this league is no top priority and it would be a big big blow if we don’t win it again