Darvel FC Thread

On 23/01/2023 at 20:31, jimbaxters said:

He invited the BBC cameras to watch him make the cringiest team talk in history. His wee pal will be on at half time hogging the mic as well.

It sums up the vanity of the whole thing. They're winning deservedly, fair play but don't tell me that talk has contributed to it.

He didn’t invite them in , the bbc requested to have a camera in!

Having been at the first meeting Mick had at the club you can tell that players want to play for him, he speaks about togetherness etc etc all the time , I spoke to mates who were former players and they said he’s the kind of manager you would run through brick walls for.

41 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Having been at the first meeting Mick had at the club you can tell that players want to play for him, he speaks about togetherness etc etc all the time , I spoke to mates who were former players and they said he’s the kind of manager you would run through brick walls for.

Those players are not there for Mick and Darvel so please don't treat us as fools. 

1 minute ago, beaver watch said:

Those players are not there for Mick and Darvel so please don't treat us as fools. 

Of course there is money involved so I’m taking no one for a fool but what I am saying is that team talk he did last night infront of the camera is not dissimilar to any other he will do every Saturday, and he has a great way with words which inspires his teams on. 

darvel have just beaten aberdeen and folk are actually more interested in micks team talk , get over yourselves , the talk clearly worked  and wether it was for cameras or not it was well out and obv got them boys up for it and that result will never ever be beaten by this level again, congratulations to darvel and everyone connected with them , bring on falkirk , 

11 hours ago, beaver watch said:

I suspect they are there for the money, then for the manager, then to win things. Not sure that any of them will be there for Darvel.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

As far as I can see it's only a few supporters of one particular club who are trying to ridicule Mick's team talk.

As Wile E Coyote has said the cup thread at the time were in collective hysterics. There are more Talbot supporters on this section of the forum than any other. We have experience of our team playing at that level and are Darvel's direct rivals in this league. Hence the comments.

Edited by jimbaxters

The only collective hysterics should be at the expense of Aberdeen and certainly not darvel  ,  fair enough Mick's team talk might not be for everyone and if darvel got pumped 5 nil then there could be loads of hysterics at darvels expense ,  however his team won and the jokes need to be on Aberdeen who claim to be the 3rd biggest club in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

The only collective hysterics should be at the expense of Aberdeen and certainly not darvel  ,  fair enough Mick's team talk might not be for everyone and if darvel got pumped 5 nil then there could be loads of hysterics at darvels expense ,  however his team won and the jokes need to be on Aberdeen who claim to be the 3rd biggest club in Scotland. 

They are now Hertha but at the time it was very funny as catalogued on that thread and this. The key part of that was "at the time". The result is fantastic, no-one has said any different, in fact Darvel have been congratulated by almost everyone. It's also hilarious that it happened to a club as big as Aberdeen. What part of it aren't you getting?

Anyway, it's done.

Talbot boys no happy wae a team talk , I’ve heard it all now , guys u no got a west of Scotland cup tie to look forward to soon ? 
keeps ur season going 🤷‍♂️

put us out the junior cup to allow us to concentrate on the senior cup , thanks for that u have done us a massive favour and we really aprreciate the effort you put in that day to knock us out 

Mick, " we will fight on the beaches, in the fields, with growing confidence in the air, we shall pump Aberdeen " It doesn't matter what the team talk did or didn't do, the only thing people should be talking about is the tremendous result achieved by Darvel, no matter who you support or who you can't stand, if you're a true football fan you've got to be pleased not only by the result, but also the way it was achieved. You certainly won't get Darvel at 33/1 to beat Falkirk.

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Talbot boys no happy wae a team talk , I’ve heard it all now , guys u no got a west of Scotland cup tie to look forward to soon ? 

put us out the junior cup to allow us to concentrate on the senior cup , thanks for that u have done us a massive favour and we really aprreciate the effort you put in that day to knock us s

South Cup also not out the League by any means either...

I don't think a single negative word that's been posted on this thread will diminish how much Darvel will enjoy the win and neither should it.

Having a wee chortle at something  that's completely incidental to the achievement is about the only thing that's happening. Most, including my Darvel-sceptic self have given credit where it's due. 

5 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

put us out the junior cup to allow us to concentrate on the senior cup , thanks for that u have done us a massive favour and we really aprreciate the effort you put in that day to knock us out 

More than happy with it. Was a scream. Like a Stone Island version of Any Given Sunday.