Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Like it or not the simple answer to your question about why they would want out of the WoSFL league is AMBITION and PROGRESSION.

Let me give you just ONE example of why Iast night could and I stress could, benefit the WoSFL, bare with me as it's a wee bit long winded.

My Mrs is the Credit Card Director for a well known UK High St bank, this morning after their daily board meeting and knowing shes from East Ayrshire, the subject came around to last nights game which a good few of them from down south had also watched on TV.

Her collegue responsible for marketing and sponsorship was extremely keen to know more about Darvel and most importantly the WoSFL as a whole. She tells me even the Chairman suggested they should explore further.

Imagine they decided to sponsor a competition or the league, as these multi nationals don't get involved with a single club for fear of alienating themselves from customers.

Don't you think the whole league would benefit if something became of that discussion? Afterall, big multi nationals love to ride the coat tales of a fairytale/success story.

Like it or not, last nights game has generated discussion and interest from far afield not just the West of Scotland or  our little country but it's making headlines worldwide.

I've also sat back and read for a long while now about how John Gall, Mick and Darvel are this, that n the other, a vanity project where only their money talks and they're buying success.

The truth is that success is getting exposure, interest and people talking that otherwise would simply not exist.

There has been discussions before last night result about how good our league is talbot beat big teams before and ran a few close to it Darvel have a had a good run this time pollock had a good run we don't need to prove to anyone that our league is sub standard what we need is those above to play fair ie 2 down 2 up in all leagues what it does say no matter who you are the so called Diddy teams will beat the so called big teams on their day and we don't need Darvel to beat the drum our league is already on the map 

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

I thought darvel were excellent last night and a big well done and the pitch was fantastic,  but I think you're going a bit over the top saying it's making headlines worldwide,  I don't think there will be wee stalls In Bendidorm and Rhodes etc etc with darvel beating Aberdeen the front page headlines in the local papers.  

A great achievement and fully deserved but we need to calm down a bit surely 😉 

What he meant was the exposure they got today on talkSPORT , radio Scotland etc , not to mention sky tv and the bbc in the town this morning and at the primary school , this has never happened here before 

6 minutes ago, Sgc said:

What he meant was the exposure they got today on talkSPORT , radio Scotland etc , not to mention sky tv and the bbc in the town this morning and at the primary school , this has never happened here before 

Yeah absolutely enjoy it, Auchinleck has had a good share of it in the recent past. 

59 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

There has been discussions before last night result about how good our league is talbot beat big teams before and ran a few close to it Darvel have a had a good run this time pollock had a good run we don't need to prove to anyone that our league is sub standard what we need is those above to play fair ie 2 down 2 up in all leagues what it does say no matter who you are the so called Diddy teams will beat the so called big teams on their day and we don't need Darvel to beat the drum our league is already on the map 

Scottish championship, league 1 and league 2 should have a minimum of 14 teams in them , promotion and regulation from every league including lowland league of 2 or 3 teams every year 

2 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I thought darvel were excellent last night and a big well done and the pitch was fantastic,  but I think you're going a bit over the top saying it's making headlines worldwide,  I don't think there will be wee stalls In Bendidorm and Rhodes etc etc with darvel beating Aberdeen the front page headlines in the local papers. 

A friend of mine from Sydney (he's Australian and a football fan) messaged to ask about Darvel and the standard of the WoSFL.  Not sure if it made any sort of news over there or he just saw it on the net.

Edited by Burnieman

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

This. If anyone reckons that some flustered nonsense about being an army led to the win, they're at it. If you can bear to watch it again, you'll see that even the players looked affrontit. It was purely and simply attention seeking.

Whilst I agree based on the wee clip I saw, unless you have been in the changing room before a game with MK then it’s hard to say if it’s his normal style or not.

I imagine he gave one team talk for the cameras and another for the players quickly afterwards but I could be wrong.

Whatever he said it worked.

32 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Whilst I agree based on the wee clip I saw, unless you have been in the changing room before a game with MK then it’s hard to say if it’s his normal style or not.

I imagine he gave one team talk for the cameras and another for the players quickly afterwards but I could be wrong.

Whatever he said it worked.

Absolutely. There's no way that would have been the only team talk. It was some carry on 😁

Fwiw the team talk was fantastic and he has had plenty of them no just for the cameras  , players respond to him and the proof is in results , If the players didn’t buy into it two things would happen , we wouldn’t win games and they wouldn’t be there , only issue is who does his fucking hair 🤭😂😂

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Fwiw the team talk was fantastic and he has had plenty of them no just for the cameras  , players respond to him and the proof is in results , If the players didn’t buy into it two things would happen , we wouldn’t win games and they wouldn’t be there , only issue is who does his fucking hair 🤭😂😂

The televised one?

25 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Aye the barnet was shocking.