Darvel FC Thread

Baaaaaaaaaaah humbug wail our parsimonious friends from the NE. The most hilarious part of all this is they no doubt don't realise along with most people that only pay attention to the top tier that this Darvel team is probably stronger than the Stenhousemuir one that knocked them out 28 years ago. 

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Well done Darvel, what a result and performance.

Pyramid's no a bad idea eh?

Be better if it was a bit more functional in terms of better promotion, as competing with Darvel for one spot in the playoffs is not easy as I’m sure the majority would attest to

Edited by Killiepiyo

That's a great result for Kennedy and his players. The stars aligned for them, but in the end Aberdeen made it quite comfortable. A historic result, possibly the biggest shock ever.

I'm not going to claim it for the WoSFL. It's purely about Darvel and their project. Will it result in the club growing, does it have the potential to grow, time will tell.

Despite the criticism we give them on this board, in particular to John Gall (often deserved), some credit to them tonight. It takes more than just money to pull a result like that out of the bag.

Edited by funky monkey

The biggest show of the community since Mick came on board, I’m no a fan of the pieman but the investment in the ground deserves massive plaudits , the home crowds will grow on the back of this result of that there is no doubt and that is the progress the club needs now to try and reach sustainability. Huge well done to Mick and the players.

Well done to Darvel.  The most shocking part of the game was how comfortable it was for you at the end.  Aberdeen didn't look any more likely than Darvel to score the next goal.  Certainly a great result for the Scottish Cup as a competition.

Fantastic result. I told Aberdeen fans on the train to Glasgow after Killie beat them that Darvel were a good team and that if Aberdeen went there with the wrong attitude an upset was on the cards. A few of the East Coast based Aberdeen fans talked about the Tranent result and suggested Aberdeen would beat them. I explained the level of player that Darvel had and that they had a better squad then Talbot who had caused cup upsets but they didn’t think they’d get beat or didn’t want to accept they might get beat. Aberdeen were terrible and have been for weeks but regardless Darvel  deserved the victory which is remarkable given the gap between the teams. 

A brilliant result for Darvel. 

Still a big upset, don't get me wrong, but the dysfunctional pyramid skews things. That Darvel side are far better than some of those two or three tiers above them. 

The sooner we see expanded promotion and relegation between all levels the better. 

A little bit disrespectful by Mr. Goodwin. He obviously ignores the entire pyramid system and classifies it all as Junior. Aye he’s pretty emotional just now after getting humped oot the Scottish Cup, but surely if he’d done his homework on Darvel he’d have known they’re no longer a Junior Club. He knows now.

30F2DC5A-0A65-490A-8A95-209670D7249B.jpeg

Edited by Man from the East