Darvel FC Thread

19 hours ago, Vale 77 said:

Having stood up there yesterday I can tell you the Aberdeen fans will have a great view 

Such a great view that Aberdeen have told their fans they might have a restricted view. The folk at the front will have a decent view. Not convinced about anyone beyond a couple of rows given the elevation and the fact that you have to look down onto the ground. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

11 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

John Gall on TV saying crowd will be just over 3000. Capacity increased to 4,000 by doing works. I presume without doing the works the original capacity would have been cut to accommodate the TV equipment. 

So not a sell out then, like all connected to Darvel were telling us it would be? Great effort regardless considering it's a cold night in January and the game is council telly 

Just now, Lurcer said:

The man is a good motivator. I don’t get what he did wrong. 

He invited the BBC cameras to watch him make the cringiest team talk in history. His wee pal will be on at half time hogging the mic as well.

It sums up the vanity of the whole thing. They're winning deservedly, fair play but don't tell me that talk has contributed to it.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

He invited the BBC cameras to watch him make the cringiest team talk in history. His wee pal will be on at half time hogging the mic as well.

It sums up the vanity of the whole thing. They're winning deservedly, fair play but don't tell me that talk has contributed to it.

What did you want him to say when they asked ? Is this all annoying you JB? 

2 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

What did you want him to say when they asked ? Is this all annoying you JB? 

Not at all. It's hilarious.

Tenner says BBC were invited. Do you think they ask every team if they can film the team talk? Tucker has been the manager at many BBC live games and that's never happened. Either they asked him every time and he refused every time or it was offered to BBC tonight 😁

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

you called it!

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Tenner says BBC were invited. Do you think they ask every team if they can film the team talk? Tucker has been the manager at many BBC live games and that's never happened. Either they asked him every time and he refused every time or it was offered to BBC tonight 😁

So you don’t know? 

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Filming team talks isn't exactly a new thing. It's been a gimmick used for years.