Darvel FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

If you aren’t at the front you aren’t going to see anything unfortunately-can’t recall if the other end is “one deep” as well but suspect it is flat too albeit at pitch level 

Pictures of the ground on the Aberdeen website. Other end has temporary wooden terracing with barriers made that look like scaffolding. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

8 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

300 is poor given the amount invested in your club and playing staff. Not sure what other clubs average but other towns with a population of 4,000 have crowds above that. 

When the work was getting done it was to house the thousands of Aberdeen fans expected to attend. Some folk expected more Aberdeen fans to attend than attended a game against Killie. I questioned that logic and it appears to be proven correct if only 800 away tickets are sold. 

Your President and players antics have done nothing to endear you to other clubs. You also haven’t done yourself any favours at times.

The point stands. The works aren’t justified for this crowd. You could have sold out without works and a limited number might have missed out but you were never getting 4,000 for the game. You’ve invested in facilities that will never get used as you’ll struggle to build on a 300 average gate which is during a period of success. 

Darvel has a population of 3600 and 10% of the towns population is no bad considering. Towns with a far bigger population than Darvel struggle to get that % and most grounds in Scotland are  designed to hold a lot more than there average support 

Edited by Bheaten Castard

3 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

The area behind the goals at the banking has been levelled but has no grading so it is flat and not sloping. There is a safety fence before the slope down to the pitch. Darvel have created a flat elevated platform above the pitch at one end. It is 20 feet above the pitch according to comments made to the media by Gall. This must be why the tickets say that the view may be restricted as if someone stands in front of you it will be difficult to see the pitch as you have to look down. If fans were to take umbrellas in and put them up there is no way those behind them could see. BBC weather has no rain in the forecast. 

Having stood up there yesterday I can tell you the Aberdeen fans will have a great view 

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Or an eye! Imagine a wean standing there. Said it before, I'll say it again, no idea how that was passed as being safe 

If you watch the clubs video on Twitter you hear, presumably a mum, telling her child to be careful on the empty temporary wooden surface as it’s slippy. 

19 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

I presumed Darvel were a limited company. All companies have to publish and lodge accounts.  

Private limited companies have to lodge accounts with Companies House and HMRC, and distribute them to shareholders. They do NOT have to publish.

16 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

As answered previously , no one owns the club and for all the years I was involved never saw a set of accounts , I was told there was an agm very recently but who was at it I’ve no idea , I’ve got my concerns as well because it’s no rocket science that gall has spent a fortune , if these are loans to the club it’s worrying , if it’s sponsorship he has to be applauded 

Someone must own it. If it's still genuinely a club, then it's the members. Were you 'involved' as a member or an employee? - if a member, you should have seen the accounts.

What has usually happened in the past is that at some stage a club becomes a limited company, to protect the members, and so the members become the shareholders. They can then sell their shares to anyone. Normally the only person remotely interested in buying them is some businessman, who eventually acquires enough to have control..

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

Someone must own it. If it's still genuinely a club, then it's the members. Were you 'involved' as a member or an employee? - if a member, you should have seen the accounts.

What has usually happened in the past is that at some stage a club becomes a limited company, to protect the members, and so the members become the shareholders. They can then sell their shares to anyone. Normally the only person remotely interested in buying them is some businessman, who eventually acquires enough to have control..

It's darvel mate not real Madrid......

20 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

Darvel has a population of 3600 and 10% of the towns population is no bad considering. Towns with a far bigger population than Darvel struggle to get that % and most grounds in Scotland are  designed to hold a lot more than there average support 

Population of Darvel is closer to 3900 as of 2019 according to EAC Planning. 

Edited by Rugbyroader