Darvel FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Agm has been and gone I believe mate but no one knew about it unless u were invited 🤷‍♂️I heard 25 at it , I would love to see them also

By “ invited” I take it you mean season ticket holders and honorary members?

1 hour ago, kilMARKnock said:

Heading along to this tomorrow as a neutral, aye right, get fucking into them Darvel!!!

Shame Gall comes across as a spoilt brat as this deflects from the obvious hard work and dedication of others. The mercenary patter is wearing a bit thin as who wouldn't want to earn and win as much as they can playing a game they love.

Respect to anyone who turns up week in week out at any ground in Ayrshire whether it be Recreation, Beechwood, Buffs, Scumerset (sorry) or Rugby Park to name bit a few. Kudos to all that shun the venom and bigotry of the arsecheeks I say!

Scumerset. What age are you ffs? Grown man i bet 

3 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

300 is poor given the amount invested in your club and playing staff. Not sure what other clubs average but other towns with a population of 4,000 have crowds above that. 

When the work was getting done it was to house the thousands of Aberdeen fans expected to attend. Some folk expected more Aberdeen fans to attend than attended a game against Killie. I questioned that logic and it appears to be proven correct if only 800 away tickets are sold. 

Your President and players antics have done nothing to endear you to other clubs. You also haven’t done yourself any favours at times.

The point stands. The works aren’t justified for this crowd. You could have sold out without works and a limited number might have missed out but you were never getting 4,000 for the game. You’ve invested in facilities that will never get used as you’ll struggle to build on a 300 average gate which is during a period of success. 

Jesus , Darvel being slagged by a guy whose team took about 8000 too a cup semi final 😂

2 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

For the record Killie have c4,500 ST holders this season for a town with a population of 46,000. There are Killie fans in Irvine, Mauchline, Darvel Kilwinning etc but not large numbers. I don’t think there will be many clubs with that level of ST’s per population of town in the Premiership or any other league. 

Mate your flogging a dead horse WowWee is an ardent Talbot hater and I might be right or wrong in thinking but seemed to know more about the racist claim against Talbot even before it surfaced.

48 minutes ago, Sgc said:

Jesus , Darvel being slagged by a guy whose team took about 8000 too a cup semi final 😂

4500 ST holders. Population of town 46,000. 8,000 at a semi final so nearly twice the amount of ST holders. Again no idea who you support but compare those numbers with the town or city your team are from. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

42 minutes ago, Sgc said:

Yer quite a nosey wee man ain’t you 😂

I presumed Darvel were a limited company. All companies have to publish and lodge accounts.  They will be out of date but I’m interested in money invested, revenue from gates etc. 

DL can confirm the set up. They have previously published accounts according to comments on here. 

Michael Kennedy’s companies are all a matter of public record as well. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

I'm not going to trawl through the many pages of previous posts but some time back I saw criticism of the ground works for just ONE match. Darvel are in the Scottish Cup every season now. There's a good chance there are going to be more than one game with a reasonable sized crowd.. Even for run of the mill games this is an improvement to what was there previously.

1 hour ago, Rugbyroader said:

I presumed Darvel were a limited company. All companies have to publish and lodge accounts.  They will be out of date but I’m interested in money invested, revenue from gates etc. 

DL can confirm the set up. They have previously published accounts according to comments on here. 

Michael Kennedy’s companies are all a matter of public record as well. 

Darvel is not a Plc, there is no owner or shareholders.

48 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Darvel is not a Plc, there is no owner or shareholders.

Darvel Legend how are Darvel set up? From comments on here they appear to have previously produced accounts or financial statements. The manager mentioned accounts being produced at a year end like any other business. 

33 minutes ago, hague said:

Just read on Aberdeen website fans will not be allowed to take umbrellas into the ground that is bizarre.

The area behind the goals at the banking has been levelled but has no grading so it is flat and not sloping. There is a safety fence before the slope down to the pitch. Darvel have created a flat elevated platform above the pitch at one end. It is 20 feet above the pitch according to comments made to the media by Gall. This must be why the tickets say that the view may be restricted as if someone stands in front of you it will be difficult to see the pitch as you have to look down. If fans were to take umbrellas in and put them up there is no way those behind them could see. BBC weather has no rain in the forecast. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

7 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

The area behind the goals at the banking has been levelled but has no grading so it is flat and not sloping. There is a safety fence before the slope down to the pitch. Darvel have created a flat elevated platform above the pitch at one end. It is 20 feet above the pitch according to comments made to the media by Gall. This must be why the tickets say that the view may be restricted as if someone stands in front of you it will be difficult to see the pitch as you have to look down. If fans were to take umbrellas in and put them up there is no way those behind them could see. BBC weather has no rain in the forecast. 

If you aren’t at the front you aren’t going to see anything unfortunately-can’t recall if the other end is “one deep” as well but suspect it is flat too albeit at pitch level 

18 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

Darvel Legend how are Darvel set up? From comments on here they appear to have previously produced accounts or financial statements. The manager mentioned accounts being produced at a year end like any other business. 

As answered previously , no one owns the club and for all the years I was involved never saw a set of accounts , I was told there was an agm very recently but who was at it I’ve no idea , I’ve got my concerns as well because it’s no rocket science that gall has spent a fortune , if these are loans to the club it’s worrying , if it’s sponsorship he has to be applauded