Darvel FC Thread

7 hours ago, Firepit said:

If anything sums up Darvel it’s the fact that they still haven’t sold out hospitality for this game and even still have normal tickets available. Any other junior club at this stage would have sold out within hours of the release . 

The game will 100% sell out there only I small number of tickets left. 

36 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

They are a very small club in an artificial position propped up by one individuals money and that shows when it comes to things like this-they will however do everything possible to make the most of it while the money is there 

The atmosphere in the town has been growing for weeks, Mick and a couple of the players went up to the primary the other day and the kids loved it, there was a steady stream of locals going doon the brae today to the open day and come Monday the locals will be out in force.

8 hours ago, Firepit said:

If anything sums up Darvel it’s the fact that they still haven’t sold out hospitality for this game and even still have normal tickets available. Any other junior club at this stage would have sold out within hours of the release . 

That’s utter pish  , 4 thousand is a lot of tickets too sell for a small town . Talbots attendance v Ayr was 3100 and against hearts 3500 . I presume this was the maximum capacity . 

9 minutes ago, Sgc said:

That’s utter pish  , 4 thousand is a lot of tickets too sell for a small town . Talbots attendance v Ayr was 3100 and against hearts 3500 . I presume this was the maximum capacity . 

3500 is the capacity at Darvel as well. Aberdeens share was cut from 1750 to 1200.

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

3500 is the capacity at Darvel as well. Aberdeens share was cut from 1750 to 1200.

That’s still good for Darvel on a Monday night , as for hospitality not suprising if that doesn’t sell out on a Monday 

Who gives a shit.  Always knockers on here and its just jealousy.

Wishing Darvel all the best for Monday evening. I'm not going to the game but will watch on TV and will be rooting for a Darvel win against Aberdeen, (doubt it very much though), in front of  a big crowd, putting Lower level football on the map again as teams at this level have done previously.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

I understand from speaking to someone at Pollok that the capacity is set at the level is is as there are no crush barriers in the terracing. This limits the numbers. What Darvel have done is create a level platform where the banking used to be and install a barrier in front of this creating an elevated viewing area. This is why there is no guarantee that spectators will be able to see the game. 

I hope Aberdeen win as if Darvel win Gall and everyone else involved will be even more insufferable. 

15 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

The game will 100% sell out there only I small number of tickets left. 

Doubt it as Aberdeen ticket website showing over 400 tickets available for the away end. 

Edited by Jute

So Aberdeen haven’t sold 400 out of a 1200 allocation yet folk were saying Aberdeen would sell out 1750 and take more to Darvel than they took to Killie for a league game between Xmas and New Year. Looks like some folk have got carried away with themselves again. So currently there are c800 Aberdeen fans attending and not the thousands that sone folk expected.  I doubt that Aberdeen are going to sell 400 tickets before tomorrow as anyone based in the North East that wanted to go will already have made arrangements to go to the game. Darvel who normally have about 100/200 fans have sold over 1,000 tickets allegedly but mostly to family and friends. If there are 30 people involved at Darvel on staff etc that’s 33 tickets per person. If it’s 40 it’s 25 people per person. 

Looks like the ground works have been a waste of time effort and money as the original capacity would have been sufficient. 

It will be interesting to see what the final crowd is but the hype those at Darvel creates knows no bounds. 

45 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

So Aberdeen haven’t sold 400 out of a 1200 allocation yet folk were saying Aberdeen would sell out 1750 and take more to Darvel than they took to Killie for a league game between Xmas and New Year. Looks like some folk have got carried away with themselves again. So currently there are c800 Aberdeen fans attending and not the thousands that sone folk expected.  I doubt that Aberdeen are going to sell 400 tickets before tomorrow as anyone based in the North East that wanted to go will already have made arrangements to go to the game. Darvel who normally have about 100/200 fans have sold over 1,000 tickets allegedly but mostly to family and friends. If there are 30 people involved at Darvel on staff etc that’s 33 tickets per person. If it’s 40 it’s 25 people per person. 

Looks like the ground works have been a waste of time effort and money as the original capacity would have been sufficient. 

It will be interesting to see what the final crowd is but the hype those at Darvel creates knows no bounds. 

We have sold nearly 2200 tickets, that will sell out today.

As club we really appreciate everyone who has a bought a ticket to support us.

We have more than 200 fans at home games I can assure you, but that doesn’t that matter. Success isn’t judged on the number of fans you have, but I suppose it’s an easy compare us to Auchinleck and criticise.

Let’s be honest tho they are the benchmark for a community supported club, not just at our level several levels above. They a model of excellence for lower league clubs, I have so much respect and admiration for everything they stand for, something we will all strive to become.

But we need to find out own way, if we can be successful we can grow the fan base, on the of games like Monday it generates more exposure to grow that fan base and generate significant income and more commercial sponsorship. 

6 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

We have more than 200 fans at home games I can assure you, but that doesn’t that matter. Success isn’t judged on the number of fans you have, but I suppose it’s an easy compare us to Auchinleck and criticise.

Let’s be honest tho they are the benchmark for a community supported club, not just at our level several levels above. They a model of excellence for lower league clubs, I have so much respect and admiration for everything they stand for, something we will all strive to become.

But we need to find out own way, if we can be successful we can grow the fan base, on the of games like Monday it generates more exposure to grow that fan base and generate significant income and more commercial sponsorship. 

So if you sell 2,200 that is below the original capacity so the work wasn’t necessary. If Aberdeen have 400 left they have sold c800. So what is your average home gate. It is in the low hundreds. The work isn’t required for that size of crowd. 

The only person comparing Darvel to Auchinleck is your President. He constantly has a go at Talbot and was at it again on Facebook this week. He doesn’t do anything to make your club admired by others. As a Killie fan thank god he isn’t involved with us in any official capacity apart from a sponsor. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

18 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

So if you sell 2,200 that is below the original capacity so the work wasn’t necessary. If Aberdeen have 400 left they have sold c800. So what is your average home gate. It is in the low hundreds. The work isn’t required for that size of crowd. 

The only person comparing Darvel to Auchinleck is your President. He constantly has a go at Talbot and was at it again on Facebook this week. He doesn’t do anything to make your club admired by others. As a Killie fan thank god he isn’t involved with us in any official capacity apart from a sponsor. 

The work was required to get the crowd above 2200, it was also about improving the ground as whole. 

The obviously varies, but around 300, but your comparing us to clubs that have had years of of success. We are trying to build all aspects of the club including the fan base, it all takes time. But games like tomorrow, help build that connection with the community 

3 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

Sorry I meant our allocation, I don’t know what Aberdeen have sold 

Ah fair enough. Think we would have sold 1200 if it wasn’t a combination of Monday night, 3rd away game out of 4 in a row and club putting out warning on probably not being able to see game due to flat standing area and TV tower. 

33 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

The work was required to get the crowd above 2200, it was also about improving the ground as whole. 

The obviously varies, but around 300, but your comparing us to clubs that have had years of of success. We are trying to build all aspects of the club including the fan base, it all takes time. But games like tomorrow, help build that connection with the community 

I think you have to sit the pieman down and give him a lesson in being humble and respectful to opposition teams, supporters and the local community then you might be on the road to being a community club. 

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

Mick you are 100% in your comments regarding The Talbot are the benchmark for us all and what we all strive to achieve where we possibly can . Every clu goes through phases and have ups and does that will not change it’s how you bounce back after an upset. There is also no doubt the Darvel are on the road up also despite what many might think and most would swap their position to be where you are in tomorrow nights game if not r they are lying. I know how much professionalism that you are trying to implement into the club and raising the bar higher and the profile for our grade of football all helps. Good luck o you all tomorrow night and no matter the result as a prominent Talbot man said to me after a very famous victory which always sticks in my mind to this day. Boys enjoy your night and saviour the occasion. Good luck to you all