Darvel FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My cousin is keen to go along to this and asked me to go. Cant really justify £18 when it's on the TV but I'm still undecided. I've only ever drove through Darvel so no idea about parking etc for this game. 

You'll get a space on the side streets near the ground. Most Aberdeen fans will be on busses so they're out of the equation.

Getting away after the game can be the worst bit with everyone heading in the same direction. 

22 minutes ago, Shanner said:

You'll get a space on the side streets near the ground. Most Aberdeen fans will be on busses so they're out of the equation.

Getting away after the game can be the worst bit with everyone heading in the same direction. 

There are two directions out of Darvel. 😉

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My cousin is keen to go along to this and asked me to go. Cant really justify £18 when it's on the TV but I'm still undecided. I've only ever drove through Darvel so no idea about parking etc for this game. 

The way your post reads. you haven't yet decided whether to fork out £18.

If you haven't already forked out £18, you're too late.

This is a tickets-in-advance match, not decide at the last minute and then pay on the gate.

11 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

This is a tickets-in-advance match, not decide at the last minute and then pay on the gate.

You in sales by any chance? 🙃

16 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Well I looked online earlier and they are still available. I'd be very suprised if it is sold out so I imagine tickets will be available on the day to buy online and collect before the game 

I sincerely hope that all goes well for darvel come Monday night  ,I'm not a huge fan of John gall nor his general conduct however he's matched both on field ambitions with a continued ambition of progressing the club with their ground and improvements in this department  .

I grew up watching kilwinning in the 90s who hammered money into things yet no ground improvements, then it was irvine meadow in the same vain  , then we moved onto hurlford who were the same In terms of huge wages yet the common denominator of all were zero ground improvements to marry into the crazy transfer fees and wages  given out at the time. 

Here we have the little pie man,  he's got his faults but he's gelling the quality of squad with good ground improvements and what's not to like??? 

21 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I sincerely hope that all goes well for darvel come Monday night  ,I'm not a huge fan of John gall nor his general conduct however he's matched both on field ambitions with a continued ambition of progressing the club with their ground and improvements in this department  .

I grew up watching kilwinning in the 90s who hammered money into things yet no ground improvements, then it was irvine meadow in the same vain  , then we moved onto hurlford who were the same In terms of huge wages yet the common denominator of all were zero ground improvements to marry into the crazy transfer fees and wages  given out at the time. 

Here we have the little pie man,  he's got his faults but he's gelling the quality of squad with good ground improvements and what's not to like??? 

You're right about the ground improvements Hertha. They do distinguish this scenario from the past. However, we're not in the Juniors anymore so for a club to progress beyond this league and to get maximum exposure, they MUST invest in the ground. The thing not to like are the egos which go along with it. The other clubs you quoted didn't have the mouthpieces which Darvel have. That's the turn off for me. 

37 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I fully understand the Talbot Boys seethe though towards darvel as darvel are claiming the biggest scalp ever as Aberdeen do eclipse hearts ( the biggest team Talbot have played )

I do kind of get the jealousy a tad lads ..

Can see how you would empathise with jealousy Hertha.

Can't say I'm a fan of Darvel due to some people at the clubs sheer ignorance & arrogance but all the best to them & the community on Monday.

Aberdeen are honking until they play Rangers & I'm sure Darvel will make a fist of it.

7 hours ago, Firepit said:

If anything sums up Darvel it’s the fact that they still haven’t sold out hospitality for this game and even still have normal tickets available. Any other junior club at this stage would have sold out within hours of the release . 

They are a very small club in an artificial position propped up by one individuals money and that shows when it comes to things like this-they will however do everything possible to make the most of it while the money is there