Darvel FC Thread

The novelty of playing the Talbot and other top teams has worn off. Nothing to do with Gall and without him there would be a lot less fans.Darvel would be playing in the lower divisions lucky to scrape a team up some weeks if he wasn't bankrolling them. A lot less than 50 would be traveling to watch them that's for sure

Just going to put this out there, does Mr gall being an loyal kilmarnock supporter see anything wrong in singing about ayr fans be black b*****ds bearing in mind his words they have always sung that song. 

9 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Just going to put this out there, does Mr gall being an loyal kilmarnock supporter see anything wrong in singing about ayr fans be black b*****ds bearing in mind his words they have always sung that song. 

Complete whataboutery. 

I know Darvel aren’t everyone everyone cup of tea, but I wish people on here would stop believing everything Darvel Legend says about the club. A man who now takes the moral high ground on everything Darvel but his own actions when at the club were nothing short of a disgrace at times. He was happy to be part of the club when he had a say in it, now he’s away its all he wants to do is criticise it

The truth is when him and John Gall agreed to part ways because they couldn’t work together any longer, John Gall offered to step aside and give him the club to take forward an offer he refused. He then went the village asking people to stop being in the club lottery, contacted sponsors to try and stop them supporting the club. The actions of man who supposedly loves the club or a man ego that was more important.

In regards to fans and the young one, no one stay away because of John Gall number have obv increased significantly over the last few years, but the legend will tell you no one comes to games it’s nonsense. They will never reach the number of fans supporting Talbot and Pollok but they have had success over many years. The young fans are now of an age that they have the ability to leave the village on weekends,  all are now working so go watch Rangers, have cars so then can now leave the village on weekends again nothing to do with John Gall. 

John Gall isn’t everyone cup of tea, he’s made bad judgements so have the club at times. But he put fortunes in to improve the club off the pitch and the day he leaves it will be in a better place that it was when he arrived. When the day comes lets see of Darvel Legend steps to take out forward I very much doubt it. 

I know Darvel aren’t everyone everyone cup of tea, but I wish people on here would stop believing everything Darvel Legend says about the club. A man who now takes the moral high ground on everything Darvel but his own actions when at the club were nothing short of a disgrace at times. He was happy to be part of the club when he had a say in it, now he’s away its all he wants to do is criticise it
The truth is when him and John Gall agreed to part ways because they couldn’t work together any longer, John Gall offered to step aside and give him the club to take forward an offer he refused. He then went the village asking people to stop being in the club lottery, contacted sponsors to try and stop them supporting the club. The actions of man who supposedly loves the club or a man ego that was more important.
In regards to fans and the young one, no one stay away because of John Gall number have obv increased significantly over the last few years, but the legend will tell you no one comes to games it’s nonsense. They will never reach the number of fans supporting Talbot and Pollok but they have had success over many years. The young fans are now of an age that they have the ability to leave the village on weekends,  all are now working so go watch Rangers, have cars so then can now leave the village on weekends again nothing to do with John Gall. 
John Gall isn’t everyone cup of tea, he’s made bad judgements so have the club at times. But he put fortunes in to improve the club off the pitch and the day he leaves it will be in a better place that it was when he arrived. When the day comes lets see of Darvel Legend steps to take out forward I very much doubt it. 

Apart miss calling Darvel Legend your post is similar to what DL posted re leaving Darvel in a better place re pitch and surroundings etc...and i think even you will know why Gall isn't everybody's cup of tea , infact is he anybody's cup of tea .

6 hours ago, fb4 said:

He’s not that loyal a Killie fan anymore. He’s now simply a sponsor like many others. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

3 hours ago, Darvel Fan said:

Pish talk I’ve praised gall often for what he has done to the park and facilities so I try to be fair 

and it’s true he offered me the keys but im no a daftie , wages being paid and covid about to happen was out with my finances so I turned it down 

never have I asked anyone to cancel their lottery , in fact guys who works for me still pays his so that would knock that on the head 

they were only sponsors cause I was involved so would only get involved if I was there , talking of which u seem to know a lot so how many boards are paid for around the park as I know mines was taken down but plenty still up that are not being paid on ? And I put a lot more money into the club than a lot of them which again is fact 

I could bring in easily 60-100k in investment but not when John is at the club so don’t think darvel will go to nothing if he’s no involved

numbers haven’t increased if it wasn’t for away fans Darvel’s crowds would be 100-150 fact and while I’m on it I was filling a bus every away game and  sometimes 2 buses for big games sometimes 3 so why when free buses are put on are they cancelled ? 
 Do I phone them up and ask them not to go ?

give me a break my brother doesn’t miss a game so again that’s nonsense 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Darvel Fan said:

Are you suggesting the younger generation in Auchinleck don't have the same ability to travel at weekends as the Darvel lads have?

The difference is that the youngsters identify with Talbot. They're a part of the club and the club are part of them. Darvel FC are a project, a plaything. The attendances are an irrelevance. Sad, yet a fact.

I do love the fall out but what I didn't know was Darvel are out of the south Cup or whatever u want to call it oh sorry talbot cup lol has they got beat by east Kilbride thistle 8-2 at home on the wednesday before they played talbot I mean with the Darvel squad surely they they shouldn't get beat but why has it not been seen or talked about even by Darvel legend but am I right in thinking they only have the big Scottish to win apart from the league cause they are out of all other cups if that's the case something is not right but nope it's not money don't buy u success ots called teamwork from top to bottom that gets u succes or just the talbot way and that is let the haters hate us but look at our trophy room the cleaner works 23 hrs a day just to clean them that's what u call a club with fans and people who respect others not a club who think they are someone with nothing to clean apart from the 1 trophy u got

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:

I do love the fall out but what I didn't know was Darvel are out of the south Cup or whatever u want to call it oh sorry talbot cup lol has they got beat by east Kilbride thistle 8-2 at home on the wednesday before they played talbot I mean with the Darvel squad surely they they shouldn't get beat but why has it not been seen or talked about even by Darvel legend but am I right in thinking they only have the big Scottish to win apart from the league cause they are out of all other cups if that's the case something is not right but nope it's not money don't buy u success ots called teamwork from top to bottom that gets u succes or just the talbot way and that is let the haters hate us but look at our trophy room the cleaner works 23 hrs a day just to clean them that's what u call a club with fans and people who respect others not a club who think they are someone with nothing to clean apart from the 1 trophy u got

They beat EK Thistle 8-2 and play Stirling Uni in the third round of the SCC

They won 8-2

5 hours ago, allyg1977 said:
10 hours ago, Pollok mad said:
They beat EK Thistle 8-2 and play Stirling Uni in the third round of the SCC

Oh OK sorry I thought they got beat 8-2 it's the way I read it I apologise

Well that attempt at gloating went well 

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:
3 hours ago, Vale 77 said:
Well that attempt at gloating went well 

Don't need to gloat and why would i need to gloat cause its not like talbot beat a top team ur just a mediocre team and if u see the results page it looked like u got beat 8-2

So what was your point then ??? 

Oh what happened tonight oh don't tell us u rested a few players the ref was shocking or the weather was against us come on Darvel legend hit it for us or did Largs just beat u fair and square and u ain't going to win this league has easy has u lot think

13 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Oh what happened tonight oh don't tell us u rested a few players the ref was shocking or the weather was against us come on Darvel legend hit it for us or did Largs just beat u fair and square and u ain't going to win this league has easy has u lot think

Don't think anyone said the league would be won easy fair play to largs worthy winners 

20 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Can’t comment ally I wasn’t there