Darvel FC Thread

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

I've seen gate checkers on many occasions in cup competitions over the years some will stand discreetly other more visible it can be annoying and at times create a bad atmosphere but in my opinion when a team does this they must be suspicious of the other team  ( lets call it playing the game ) but well within the rules.

Just showing a total lack of class and integrity to any team that he does it to.  Omo

6 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Just showing a total lack of class and integrity to any team that he does it to.  Omo

I get the theory behind your reply there and i by no means am implying Talbot do anything untoward but some teams do rip it with gates. Id agree that the high vis jackets and the like sounds like overkill.

2 hours ago, wow-wee said:

I've seen gate checkers on many occasions in cup competitions over the years some will stand discreetly other more visible it can be annoying and at times create a bad atmosphere but in my opinion when a team does this they must be suspicious of the other team  ( lets call it playing the game ) but well within the rules.

We've never put checkers on any gate that I know of and indeed the only ones ive noted as doing it with us was when Talbot played us in WOS at Holm Park a few years back and stuck 2 guys on the gate who were a complete pain in the arse. Asking to see tickets and getting in people's road. They had the right to put people on to check but it was really annoying.  I recall a cup tie v Glenafton where I did the return and Glens were perfectly happy with it. Counted gate again later and realised that in my rush to get done during game I'd undercounted. Sent them off a cheque to compensate and a letter of apology. That's how it should work but maybe Talbot had been stung in the past. If clubs do do it then they should be respectful of people trying to get in and work with home club or it leaves a bad taste 

We've never put checkers on any gate that I know of and indeed the only ones ive noted as doing it with us was when Talbot played us in WOS at Holm Park a few years back and stuck 2 guys on the gate who were a complete pain in the arse. Asking to see tickets and getting in people's road. They had the right to put people on to check but it was really annoying.  I recall a cup tie v Glenafton where I did the return and Glens were perfectly happy with it. Counted gate again later and realised that in my rush to get done during game I'd undercounted. Sent them off a cheque to compensate and a letter of apology. That's how it should work but maybe Talbot had been stung in the past. If clubs do do it then they should be respectful of people trying to get in and work with home club or it leaves a bad taste 
Talbot are the only team I've ever seen put guys checking the gate at the Glens as well!

26 minutes ago, Oscar Wilder said:
35 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Talbot are the only team I've ever seen put guys checking the gate at the Glens as well!

So it’s not just a Darvel thing then. 

Talbot regularly had 2 guys at Meadow Park gate checking for cup games. They were annoying as got in the way of committee trying to sell programmes & raffles & blew their cigar smoke around the entrance too. Didn't notice them at our last few cup games must trust Meadow now [emoji23]

15 hours ago, catakoom said:
15 hours ago, southerner said:
It’s real junior fans like yourself who I feel for and hope you keep your club going if the investment is pulled, as I think you will admit it’s an embarrassment to the good  die hard Darvel fans watching some of the antics today of people apparently representing your good club.

And for your owner Gall ( it's all about me and not Darvel) hence you are not a community club anymore to stand with a clicker counting the fans entering the ground to ensure Talbot were'nt ripping him off beggars believe.

Need the cash to pay for the £25k a year general manager🤦🏻‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Talbot regularly had 2 guys at Meadow Park gate checking for cup games. They were annoying as got in the way of committee trying to sell programmes & raffles & blew their cigar smoke around the entrance too. Didn't notice them at our last few cup games must trust Meadow now emoji23.png

Cigar smoke 😂😂 was this in 1920’s? Hat and cane. I’ve seen gate checks many times around the years but I think it was the approach that was the problem. Ways to do things but this was hired help IRS approach. Gall apparently met his match with the away gate lady 🙈 I think it was the general manager I saw, reconsigned him was he involved somewhere else in west?

52 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Cigar smoke 😂😂 was this in 1920’s? Hat and cane. I’ve seen gate checks many times around the years but I think it was the approach that was the problem. Ways to do things but this was hired help IRS approach. Gall apparently met his match with the away gate lady 🙈 I think it was the general manager I saw, reconsigned him was he involved somewhere else in west?

Mr Gall would be wanting to make sure he had the figures right for paying tax. 

Cigar smoke [emoji23][emoji23] was this in 1920’s? Hat and cane. I’ve seen gate checks many times around the years but I think it was the approach that was the problem. Ways to do things but this was hired help IRS approach. Gall apparently met his match with the away gate lady [emoji85] I think it was the general manager I saw, reconsigned him was he involved somewhere else in west?
Cambuslang Rangers.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:
2 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:
Cigar smoke emoji23.pngemoji23.png was this in 1920’s? Hat and cane. I’ve seen gate checks many times around the years but I think it was the approach that was the problem. Ways to do things but this was hired help IRS approach. Gall apparently met his match with the away gate lady emoji85.png I think it was the general manager I saw, reconsigned him was he involved somewhere else in west?

Cambuslang Rangers.

If it's the same guy, he reminds me of the troubleshooters the breweries used send in to dodgy pubs.

How many clubs has he been at?

15 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

If it's the same guy, he reminds me of the troubleshooters the breweries used send in to dodgy pubs.

How many clubs has he been at?

Hertha, sorry, Jackdaw is your man for a chronological history. However that said seemingly I’m the only person in history to have a previous club so perhaps not. 

17 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

emoji23.png never seen it at beechwood in my life before today

I can remember Talbot officials doing it at holm park a few years ago when challenged they said they believed they had been short changed at a couple of previous cup ties they had played.