Darvel FC Thread

First game I’ve been at in a wee while and after an even first half I can only say it was one way traffic in the second half and could easily have been 5,6 or 7 

I’ve watched Talbot a few times also and there is no doubt the junior cup makes them perform to a higher level as to a man they were outstanding today and fully deserved the win 

apart from the doing we got i can only say mick must be disgusted with Jordan allan coming on and doing that and deservedly Getting a red card , no the first time he’s done something stupid like that and must be running out of lives , just letting down his teammates and back room staff 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

First game I’ve been at in a wee while and after an even first half I can only say it was one way traffic in the second half and could easily have been 5,6 or 7 

I’ve watched Talbot a few times also and there is no doubt the junior cup makes them perform to a higher level as to a man they were outstanding today and fully deserved the win 

apart from the doing we got i can only say mick must be disgusted with Jordan allan coming on and doing that and deservedly Getting a red card , no the first time he’s done something stupid like that and must be running out of lives , just letting down his teammates and back room staff 

His arm was high but no higher than any other similar challenges I seen 

44 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I'm sure Darvel will still be odds on to win the title and might even avoid shitting the bed in the playoff too but that today wasn't a side that's head and shoulders ahead of the rest of competition. 

It was fine first half without creating anything but second half was woeful and if someone would  have told me we could get outplayed like that I would not have believed them , out battled and played off the park 

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

It was fine first half without creating anything but second half was woeful and if someone would  have told me we could get outplayed like that I would not have believed them , out battled and played off the park 

I think Talbot's game against Bo'ness last week conditioned the players for today even though it was a draining 2 hours. Every one of them was up for getting stuck in. 

It’s real junior fans like yourself who I feel for and hope you keep your club going if the investment is pulled, as I think you will admit it’s an embarrassment to the good  die hard Darvel fans watching some of the antics today of people apparently representing your good club.
And for your owner Gall ( it's all about me and not Darvel) hence you are not a community club anymore to stand with a clicker counting the fans entering the ground to ensure Talbot were'nt ripping him off beggars believe.

14 minutes ago, catakoom said:
39 minutes ago, southerner said:
It’s real junior fans like yourself who I feel for and hope you keep your club going if the investment is pulled, as I think you will admit it’s an embarrassment to the good  die hard Darvel fans watching some of the antics today of people apparently representing your good club.

And for your owner Gall ( it's all about me and not Darvel) hence you are not a community club anymore to stand with a clicker counting the fans entering the ground to ensure Talbot were'nt ripping him off beggars believe.

Odious individual. 

How did the Darvel number 15 stay on the park 2 incidents deserved a yellow card at least but hey we beat the money men who never showed any passion just wanted the money and don't say u couldn't care about this cup if u didn't care u wouldn't have entered u lot just don't know how to win this cup go on talbot this could be another record breaking season

50 minutes ago, catakoom said:
1 hour ago, southerner said:

Ive seen a few clubs putting a committee member on split gates before, was it the way he went about it or something that annoyed you?

3 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:
3 hours ago, catakoom said:

Shocking and sneaky as feck

If your committee didn't try and take the c**t wouldn't need to 

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive seen a few clubs putting a committee member on split gates before, was it the way he went about it or something that annoyed you?

I've seen it before but it was usually discretely done by a comittee guy from the visitors who was acting as an observer - this time there were 2 or 3 guys in high-viz jackets (including one with "try a Killie Pie" on the back) who were effectively trying to run the gate as stewards; telling Talbot fans heading out to go to the club they'd need tickets to get back in, etc.

Happy to be corrected by someone from Darvel if this wasn't their doing. 

9 hours ago, catakoom said:
9 hours ago, southerner said:

He’s the sole reason we have hardly any fans , we had 2 buses going to games sometimes 3 which for a club like darvel was unbelievable, however hardly a 100 at home games and the crowds he gives out must include all the weans that go , only time we get a crowd is if the away support bring a following and i worry What happens if we get to the L league 

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I've seen gate checkers on many occasions in cup competitions over the years some will stand discreetly other more visible it can be annoying and at times create a bad atmosphere but in my opinion when a team does this they must be suspicious of the other team  ( lets call it playing the game ) but well within the rules.