Darvel FC Thread

23 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Wasn’t great today although we were in full control Of the game and the hurlford goalie will be disappointed at the winning goal as he’d a good game up until Then 

all that matters is getting thru to next round and we are there 

Wasn't great today but the win when not playing well I will take really need to get more players up the park big McKenzie isolated at times 

Well done to Darvel in the Scottish Cup tie, yesterday at Haddington. Home team went 1-0 up early in the match with King, the Hihi left back, getting to goal, going in, off the bar. Darvel then applied the pressure, but Haddington gave a good account of themselves on the counter attack, during the first 20 minutes. Probably the most telling event was Dale Cornet the Haddington keeper being sent off for a last man challenge. He is one of two best keepers in the East of Scotland Premier League. Ten man Haddington team held out for the remainder of 1st half and went in 1-0 up.

Game changed early in second half with two quick goals from Darvel, the first of which is well worth a watch on Darvel’s highlights of the match. Just before and after Darvel’s second goal, Haddington had two good chances of a 2nd goal of their own. The first, just going past the post and the 2nd, with a low free kick into the 6-yard box and two Hihi players just couldn’t connect with ball. Then on 63 minutes, Darvel killed the match as a competition with their 3rd goal. 

After that, Darvel played out the match to win convincingly in the end. Just to say, thought Darvel played the game in good spirit, especially after the 3rd. Quite often teams exploit slow play, when ball goes out, but the Darvel keeper, in particular, didn’t get involved in time wasting and played the game as it should be. If you’re good enough, that’s the correct way to play football.

Good luck to Darvel in their next Scottish Cup tie.

Edited by Casey Jones

Anyone else hearing ex Kilwinning chairman Boyd moving to darvel? Pals son plays for them and that’s the dressing room chat. 3 big money men at the club then?

checked his Twitter and he’s retweeted darvel game yesterday and mick Kennedy stated that he’s already back involved in football. 

23 minutes ago, Townhead Lad said:

Anyone else hearing ex Kilwinning chairman Boyd moving to darvel? Pals son plays for them and that’s the dressing room chat. 3 big money men at the club then?

checked his Twitter and he’s retweeted darvel game yesterday and mick Kennedy stated that he’s already back involved in football. 

Remember at some point it being said him and Gall were starting a business venture together, don’t know if anything came of it, I think he’s one of very few that can be bothered with the pieman.

Good first half performance tonight  and first goal was worth admission money alone but although it was 3-0 at the break I was quite impressed with arthurlie and they wanted to play the game the right way , second half was a non event and I can imagine mick won’t be happy with that display second half 

14 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Good first half performance tonight  and first goal was worth admission money alone but although it was 3-0 at the break I was quite impressed with arthurlie and they wanted to play the game the right way , second half was a non event and I can imagine mick won’t be happy with that display second half 

Whats happened to Miller this season? He seems to be warming the bench.

• 4 weeks later...

I see darvel signed another player today which is fine if they want to but they would maybe be better posting that a player who played in the only darvel team to get to junior cup final and managed the club has passed away earlier this week , Jimmy gilmour rest in peace wee pal u were different class partnering big Wullie frew at the back on that famous run to hampden and will never be forgotten by the true darvel fans , it’s no the first time this season things like this have been missed and is simply not good enough for a club claiming to be the community club 

22 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I see darvel signed another player today which is fine if they want to but they would maybe be better posting that a player who played in the only darvel team to get to junior cup final and managed the club has passed away earlier this week , Jimmy gilmour rest in peace wee pal u were different class partnering big Wullie frew at the back on that famous run to hampden and will never be forgotten by the true darvel fans , it’s no the first time this season things like this have been missed and is simply not good enough for a club claiming to be the community club 

Totally agree, you can’t really blame the new guys on board or Mick as they probably didn’t know Jimmy but there are male and female committee members who are from Darvel and who must know the history between Jimmy and the club, that’s the disappointing bit.

20 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Totally agree, you can’t really blame the new guys on board or Mick as they probably didn’t know Jimmy but there are male and female committee members who are from Darvel and who must know the history between Jimmy and the club, that’s the disappointing bit.

They do a lot of good things pal but show respect to people who played and managed the club or have been on the commitee ,  it’s no difficult , it’s the same reading about qts as that’s all they ever mention sponsor wise , there is around 80 advertising board around the park and if I was one of them I would be far from happy , mind you I’d be surprised if half of them Are paid for 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

And you are who's responsible by bringing these cretins in.

Disgrace. 

11 minutes ago, DellScot said:

And you are who's responsible by bringing these cretins in.

Disgrace. 

The only person I brought to the club was the manager , but as another poster said mick does not know the history of the club so he’s no to blame here and even the guy who does the social media who does my head in ! he’s no to Blame either but I find it disrespectful that past presidents ,past players and past managers are not shown the respect they deserve when they pass away and that’s the last I reply to you