Darvel FC Thread

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Chris Truesdale is on a par with Andy Leishman. Congratulations, quite possibly the biggest load of shite ever written on P&B

Mate Andy’s the best keeper in the league but Chrissie Is some keeper also , in fact if he was Andy’s height he’s be playing in the spl 

IMO goalie and up top Talbot are very strong and are on a par with what we have , defence and midfield man for man we are better in every position but that’s no to say Talbot can’t beat us next week but over the course of a season I expect us to come out on top but as I said earlier I don’t want to lose next week and go 5 points behind you 
McPherson & McCracken are the 2 best centre half's about.

10 minutes ago, andy25 said:
29 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
IMO goalie and up top Talbot are very strong and are on a par with what we have , defence and midfield man for man we are better in every position but that’s no to say Talbot can’t beat us next week but over the course of a season I expect us to come out on top but as I said earlier I don’t want to lose next week and go 5 points behind you 

McPherson & McCracken are the 2 best centre half's about.

Really good players but it’s all about opinions , I think meggat and Eadie are better 

Really good players but it’s all about opinions , I think meggat and Eadie are better 
But they wouldn't go on a stag do when their teams playing their biggest ever game...

21 minutes ago, andy25 said:
30 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

But they wouldn't go on a stag do when their teams playing their biggest ever game...

Darvel are never going to live that down.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate Andy’s the best keeper in the league but Chrissie Is some keeper also , in fact if he was Andy’s height he’s be playing in the spl 

Based on that assessment then shouldn’t Leishman be playing in the top flight? 

I think the darvel project has had a massive impact to the game already. I know at my club has inflated wages and talking to others in the game we are all feeling the same. If talbot had won the league last year they would’ve dealt with Tranent and been away which gives more opportunities for our teams chasing them. 

I also feel their team don’t perform to their potential either and question mick’s actual ability as a manager. Put McGinty in charge of that budget and he’d win the league

33 minutes ago, Townhead Lad said:

I think the darvel project has had a massive impact to the game already. I know at my club has inflated wages and talking to others in the game we are all feeling the same. If talbot had won the league last year they would’ve dealt with Tranent and been away which gives more opportunities for our teams chasing them. 

I also feel their team don’t perform to their potential either and question mick’s actual ability as a manager. Put McGinty in charge of that budget and he’d win the league

Put any of the managers in the league in charge of that budget and they’d walk it!

Edited by Greenmachine

On 30/07/2022 at 20:27, Darvel legend said:

He's not even top 3 keepers in the league. He'd probably struggle to make top five in all honesty. Many better keepers in the league that truesdale. Also to even consider him on par with leishman is embarrassing. He's the best in the league by a country mile. 

10 hours ago, Townhead Lad said:

Pretty sure Darvel went on a very decent run to win the league or did I miss that 

On 30/07/2022 at 20:51, Greenmachine said:

The sooner this village pub team stop throwing money about the better.

Crappy wee club trying to kid on that they are relevant.Newsflash…. you never will be.

And you are relevant to what?

12 hours ago, Townhead Lad said:

A bit disrespectful to Tranent they came to Darvel got the result and deserved it! Talbot took one point out of six against Darvel so weren’t going to win the league!

9 hours ago, Newguy said:

A bit disrespectful to Tranent they came to Darvel got the result and deserved it! Talbot took one point out of six against Darvel so weren’t going to win the league!

Talbot were 3 points ahead and the title was theirs for the taking after the second match against Darvel so your logic here doesn't stack up.

Talbot merely ran out of steam. 

6 hours ago, Shanner said:

Talbot were 3 points ahead and the title was theirs for the taking after the second match against Darvel so your logic here doesn't stack up.

Talbot merely ran out of steam. 

You could say they bottled it. A wee bit of pressure over the last few games and their ar5es collapsed.