Darvel FC Thread

9 hours ago, andy25 said:
11 hours ago, passbackdave said:
Not sure. Think higgins n mcewan still there

Mon the papers

Higgins left last week.

Where's he off to now? Is the Galaticos empire crumbling?

Always felt thought Higgins lacked the swagger and sleeves tats to be a success there.

5 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Where's he off to now? Is the Galaticos empire crumbling?

Always felt thought Higgins lacked the swagger and sleeves tats to be a success there.

Craig Potter will arrive shortly Southy told him to bide his time

• 1 month later...

Poor start to the season but Cumnock deserved their victory , albeit if Mackenzie scores  with great chance we had we might have got something out the game , I’d need to see Morrison challenge again to see if he deserved red card but Wullie Robertson challenge first half was very lucky only to get yellow , best player on the park Jamie wilson by a country mile , class act , makes next weeks game a must not lose at auchinleck even this early on 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Poor start to the season but Cumnock deserved their victory , albeit if Mackenzie scores  with great chance we had we might have got something out the game , I’d need to see Morrison challenge again to see if he deserved red card but Wullie Robertson challenge first half was very lucky only to get yellow , best player on the park Jamie wilson by a country mile , class act , makes next weeks game a must not lose at auchinleck even this early on 

Really how many chances did Darvel miss today how how did they deserve the win stop being bitter 

4 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Really how many chances did Darvel miss today how how did they deserve the win stop being bitter 

Wtf u on about cumnock could have been 2 or 3 up very easily first half , their goalie had 2 good saves from fergie and Allan but Scott should have put it across the keeper and probably would have scored and Allan should score but that’s football , if darvel had deserved to win I would have said so 

15 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Wtf u on about cumnock could have been 2 or 3 up very easily first half , their goalie had 2 good saves from fergie and Allan but Scott should have put it across the keeper and probably would have scored and Allan should score but that’s football , if darvel had deserved to win I would have said so 

Darvel missed 5 easy chances first half Cumnock missed 3  another easy 4 chances for Darvel in the 2nd half compared to 2 from Cumnock 

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Don't argue boys. Mick's teams always finish strongly!

Wouldn’t like to lose next Saturday but we have better players than Talbot and I expect to win but as long as we don’t lose any team that finishes above us will win the league but credit where credits due and imo Cumnock deserved the 3 points today 

6 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Why yous getting rid of Thomson and little

All I know is they weren’t stripped today but that shows u strength in depth we have. The bench was outrageous for this level Of football but will these guys be happy there 🤷‍♂️
only time will tell 

7 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

All I know is they weren’t stripped today but that shows u strength in depth we have. The bench was outrageous for this level Of football but will these guys be happy there 🤷‍♂️
only time will tell 

Strenght in depth will come in handy the next time there is a stag do

24 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

only time will tell 

Obviously not that much depth if you get turned over on your own patch! How many of the superstars were in Tenerife?!

44 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Wouldn’t like to lose next Saturday but we have better players than Talbot and I expect to win but as long as we don’t lose any team that finishes above us will win the league but credit where credits due and imo Cumnock deserved the 3 points today 

Genuinely curious and honest question. Talbot’s starting 11 today vs Darvel’s starting 11 - who would you have? A strong comment what you have made there.

2 minutes ago, botlad said:

Genuinely curious and honest question. Talbot’s starting 11 today vs Darvel’s starting 11 - who would you have? A strong comment what you have made there.

Well Darvel started Allan Mackenzie today so that's at least one position where the Talbot player is better

15 minutes ago, botlad said:

IMO goalie and up top Talbot are very strong and are on a par with what we have , defence and midfield man for man we are better in every position but that’s no to say Talbot can’t beat us next week but over the course of a season I expect us to come out on top but as I said earlier I don’t want to lose next week and go 5 points behind you 

10 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

IMO goalie and up top Talbot are very strong and are on a par with what we have , defence and midfield man for man we are better in every position but that’s no to say Talbot can’t beat us next week but over the course of a season I expect us to come out on top but as I said earlier I don’t want to lose next week and go 5 points behind you 

Chris Truesdale is on a par with Andy Leishman. Congratulations, quite possibly the biggest load of shite ever written on P&B

Edited by Wile E Coyote