Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

is the Darvel project a big enough vehicle for the burgeoning ego of pie chap?

I suspect that in the long term it won't be. 

Where else is he going to go? Given his antics I suspect Billy Bowie won’t have him anywhere near Killie. Bowie has kept control with Phyllis McLeish and him being the main decision makers. If he wanted or needed to get Gall involved he’d have done it by now. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

17 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

All this is true but because it happened in the past doesn't mean it was right then and should continue.

I have said this before but it has needed changed for years but because it was Talbot affected all the time nobody gave a f**k but on the odd year it was their team it was a scandal.

I was hoping the new set up would resolve this but it has been worse

You do realise a 38 game season was a one-off forced by circumstances?  it'll revert to 30 games and your league season will be finished by early May going forward.  The EoS still have a few Cup Finals to play, the last of which is 4th June.  No issues.

17 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Correct. They didn't even get a share of the gate as the organisers took that for expenses.

We keep hearing about how prestigious this cup is but its an absolute joke. No prize money, home team keeps the gate in the earlier rounds, Tin pot pish

Stick to the Junior Cup then.

Don’t really get the season is too long argument Darvel are putting forward for withdrawing from the semi final.  Sounds like a convenient excuse, if there are other reasons they can’t field a team, just come out and say it.  They have shown a lot of disrespect to the trophy and other clubs who have all had long seasons.

Certainly if I was a Darvel fan, I wouldn’t be happy, they haven’t exactly been overloaded with trophies over recent seasons, and I would want to see my team win every trophy they could. A final is always a good day out.

What is the Darvel fans point of view on this?

Well said Mick Kennedy don t often agree with you but your spot on with that statement
Out of the 53 week season how many weeks did Darvel miss due to a bad pitch I would say about 7 if the pitch was upto standard it wouldn't have been that long its a sham of a club and hope they get hit hard for it

First league game is Saturday 30th July. Pre season starting on 18th June seems awful early but I am not a fitness coach or manager.

Surely due to late finishing of season could start back training at start of July and played cup semi final and final and still be at 100% come 30th July? I know when Meadow used to end up playing into June when got to Evening Times / West Cup Finals players would get extra couple of weeks off over summer so not starting back training until later in July but then did have luxury of League cup games to use for fitness before league started later in August.

20 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Correct. They didn't even get a share of the gate as the organisers took that for expenses.

We keep hearing about how prestigious this cup is but its an absolute joke. No prize money, home team keeps the gate in the earlier rounds, Tin pot pish

Well the SCC don't have £500k in the bank so they need to get the travel money that is paid to clubs from somewhere. Unlike the Junior Cup where small clubs can lose money if an away team makes a long journey and hardly anybody turns up to watch, small clubs in the SCC don't lose out.

16 hours ago, archieb said:

WoSFL are pushing for a change to the gate money arrangement.

If the other leagues persist in wanting to keep the current rule I'd be very interested to know how they justify doing so.

Fair enough because neither SCC or Junior Cup have the best arrangement. Basically needs to be a split gate but only if there's actually enough gate money.

Edited by Ginaro

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Mcanespie has left the club. Wonder what made the ego leave darvel???

Mon the papers

Maybe he lacks the correct attitude of absolutely loving himself and acting the big en.

Edited by AM-1

14 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Billy big baws naw mcanespie defo has that maybe he didnt like no having the biggest baws in there dressing room lol

Mon the papers

Does this mean the water bottle trolley operative promoted to coach?