Darvel FC Thread

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You're another one. Like a broken record.

It's a wumman you're needing.

Anyway, this is the Darvel thread. Let them get on with discussing their title defence.

More like, "if you effin hate Darvel clap your hands" thread.

Cringeworthy.

And very noticeable it's all the same ones from Banjo Country.

I spoke to mick last week and he gave me his reasons behind it , if he’s told players to take their holidays first two weeks in June and he’s down to 6 players he can hardly play the game , what I don’t agree with and pretty much sums up the club is it’s still no been relayed on their Twitter and fb page which is pretty disgusting and disrespectful to all the fans who have followed them this season , I’m pretty sure they would have loved darvel to win the west , no as if we have seen plenty of silverware over the years 

The first season of the WoSFL was always going to be a bit of a clusterfuck.  Darvel getting so far in the Scottish Cup didn't help either.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The first season of the WoSFL was always going to be a bit of a clusterfuck.  Darvel getting so far in the Scottish Cup didn't help either.

Now that the 38 match carry on and Covid are finished it should be better. 

I spoke to mick last week and he gave me his reasons behind it , if he’s told players to take their holidays first two weeks in June and he’s down to 6 players he can hardly play the game , what I don’t agree with and pretty much sums up the club is it’s still no been relayed on their Twitter and fb page which is pretty disgusting and disrespectful to all the fans who have followed them this season , I’m pretty sure they would have loved darvel to win the west , no as if we have seen plenty of silverware over the years 
Why would u tell ur players to take there holidays in the first 2 weeks of June if u still had games to play specially cup games I know u won the league fair enough but when was the last time Darvel won any other cup why wouldn't u want to win a other cup with ur owners name on it something is not right and has ur a Darvel fan supporter or stalwart u must be pissed off cause I would be

13 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Why would u tell ur players to take there holidays in the first 2 weeks of June if u still had games to play specially cup games I know u won the league fair enough but when was the last time Darvel won any other cup why wouldn't u want to win a other cup with ur owners name on it something is not right and has ur a Darvel fan supporter or stalwart u must be pissed off cause I would be

It looks like they weren’t and aren’t interested in anything apart from winning the league and getting promoted. They are interested in the Scottish Cup because of the profile it creates as it appeals to their collective egos. 

Be interesting to see what they do with the withdrawal of Darvel from this cup.  The WOSFL want all their competitions with a sponsor. Do they hammer them or will they be scared to in case their chairman pulls the sponsorship of the cup.  
If they dont hammer darvel then not only is it totally unprofessional it opens the gates for everyteam 2 do it when it suits.

Mon the papers

3 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I actually agree with Mick Kennedy on this as well.

The league should never have been 20 teams. Officials didn't have the balls to relegate the dross

It was the old junior management committee that only declared the champions of each league but never set out relegation before they would the association up the new wosfl were powerless  to do anything about it .

2 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

It was the old junior management committee that only declared the champions of each league but never set out relegation before they would the association up the new wosfl were powerless  to do anything about it .

That can't be true because they still managed to promote three teams. I agree with promoting the teams as winning games should be rewarded but losing games should have been punished

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

That can't be true because they still managed to promote three teams. I agree with promoting the teams as winning games should be rewarded but losing games should have been punished

I'm afraid that's how it was.

2 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

So if they only declared Champions (Darvel and Blantyre were joint champions) how come Cumbernauld also got promoted

I honestly don t know I'm sure glensmad has explained it quite a few times on here