Darvel FC Thread

11 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

They were perfectly hospitable when we went down there and helpful when we did our licencing work. Of course they skew all the finances with their budget but I wanted the West team to go up to break the log jam a bit anyway

So you like them because they were hospitable, Isn’t that expected? 

Edited by Rugbyroader

17 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Don’t be silly , the guy is an outstanding professional so no blame on megs 

Going on a stag do rather tha play in the biggest game in the club's history (Darvel's words, not mine) is the exact opposite of professional in my book

20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Lolwut?

LL no away support to speak of, potentially 3 less home games, I would think that the players would expect to be paid more for being in a higher tier, that’s why it makes better business sense not to go up, I’m sure if you ask any of the money men at any of the WOSL premier teams they would all say that. Once the LL has the bigger West teams in it that’s a different ball game but as it stands it could be a 5-6 years before that happens.

6 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

LL no away support to speak of, potentially 3 less home games, 

Er you do realise that the WoS Premier is a 16 team division next season, same as the Lowland. 

7 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

LL no away support to speak of, potentially 3 less home games, I would think that the players would expect to be paid more for being in a higher tier, that’s why it makes better business sense not to go up, I’m sure if you ask any of the money men at any of the WOSL premier teams they would all say that. Once the LL has the bigger West teams in it that’s a different ball game but as it stands it could be a 5-6 years before that happens.

Let's be serious for a minute here, the LL was not the target for Darvel. Another year in the WoSL is an absolute disaster as it simply burns more money, and the threat of Auchinleck beating you to the title remains.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Let's be serious for a minute here, the LL was not the target for Darvel. Another year in the WoSL is an absolute disaster as it simply burns more money, and the threat of Auchinleck beating you to the title remains.

The entire circus was based on quick promotion up through the leagues. The players are mercenaries who are only there for the money. People involved with the club have made classless comments throughout the season so no one should be surprised that fans of other clubs have no sympathy for them and are taking delight in their failure. Darren Miller’s tweet after the league win looks ridiculous now. John Gall thinks folk didn’t want Darvel to win because they are jealous. This shows you how self absorbed he is. Folk didn’t want Darvel to win because of his classless comments and antics which have made folk dislike him and his club. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

14 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

LL no away support to speak of, ...

Think there will be a few LL clubs that will be happier to have Tranent visiting rather than Darvel for that reason. Darvel would have been another EK type club. Lots of money getting pumped in but not much in the way of a support. Would be a different story with Talbot, Clydebank or Pollok obviously.

2 hours ago, Jim Leighton said:

Haha,well done Miller and your cohorts,hope you enjoyed your stag doo in Ibiza,obviously you don’t think much of your club, is it a case of “show me the money 💰 “,Kennedy and the pieman should show some balls and boot you into touch,well done Tranent,you deserved to win and get promoted 

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I’m not saying it wasn’t the target, what I’m saying is it really a disaster not going up, I’m a realist and know that the local support that Darvel can muster cannot sustain a SPFL2 club.

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It’s not just Talbot. Pollok I reckon are three new signings and two retentions away from mounting a sustained challenge. Clydebank probably need a similar number of signings. Buffs have the Syme cash to splash. Could very well by a 5 horse race, at least for a large portion of the season.

57 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

So you like them because they were hospitable, Isn’t that expected? 

Eh ? I don't send them Christmas Cards or go roon their hooses at the weekend. I'm just saying I found them perfectly acceptable. Idve wanted the West league winner to go up regardless of who it was

It’s not just Talbot. Pollok I reckon are three new signings and two retentions away from mounting a sustained challenge. Clydebank probably need a similar number of signings. Buffs have the Syme cash to splash. Could very well by a 5 horse race, at least for a large portion of the season.
Pollok won't do anything as long as McKinnons the manager. Tactically naive and a reactive rather than proactive manager . To give him a 4 year contract is beyond belief I'll be surprised if he lasts 2 years.

20 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I’m not saying it wasn’t the target, what I’m saying is it really a disaster not going up, I’m a realist and know that the local support that Darvel can muster cannot sustain a SPFL2 club.

You're right, it can't, but you mentioned it being a "better business model" to be in the WoSL than the LL, which is patently untrue.

The club isn't being financially doped to be self sustaining in the 6th Tier; it's being pumped full of money with the sole aim of reaching the SPFL.

What is better for the long term future of Darvel FC is a wholly different question.

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Eh ? I don't send them Christmas Cards or go roon their hooses at the weekend. I'm just saying I found them perfectly acceptable. Idve wanted the West league winner to go up regardless of who it was

You said you wanted Darvel to win as you liked the folk down there. I asked you what you liked about them and the best you could come up with was they were hospitable when you visited. Now you are saying they are acceptable. Big difference between acceptable and likeable. I’d say being hospitable is normal at most WOSFL clubs. I think you’ll find that most fans of other clubs struggle to find anything at Darvel likeable, acceptable or admirable. 

WOW the last 100 posts have been mad lol pieman will be fu##ing gutted all that cash doon the drain. Will they go again or will the pieman pull his momey out? Pressure is on. As for miller rolling about in money then 2 week later missing the game for a stag haha tells ye everything ye need 2 know about darvel.

Mon the papers

10 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

WOW the last 100 posts have been mad lol pieman will be fu##ing gutted all that cash doon the drain. Will they go again or will the pieman pull his momey out? Pressure is on. As for miller rolling about in money then 2 week later missing the game for a stag haha tells ye everything ye need 2 know about darvel.

Mon the papers

Mick Kennedy is saying that Miller was injured and had his permission to go. 

48 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

You said you wanted Darvel to win as you liked the folk down there. I asked you what you liked about them and the best you could come up with was they were hospitable when you visited. Now you are saying they are acceptable. Big difference between acceptable and likeable. I’d say being hospitable is normal at most WOSFL clubs. I think you’ll find that most fans of other clubs struggle to find anything at Darvel likeable, acceptable or admirable. 

Ho hum