Darvel FC Thread

8 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Spending the type of money that Darvel have to win the WOS Premier is just ridiculous. Only half justifiable if they were having a serious tilt at SPFL2 next season. Allowing a clutch of important players to go on a Stag weekend beggars belief. I wanted Darvel to win as I actually do like the folk down there but this is stretching credibility 

Mate the guy is entitled to his stag weekend he would have played but the other guys were injured so only daryl would have made a difference 

This could serve as a textbook definition of what happens when team approach games as if they're already won. 

Well done Tranent for making making the best of Darvel's complacency, and get it right up you Darvel for being so obnoxious! 

Can't wait to see what the Sultan of Darvel has to say on his wee Twitter account now. 

1 minute ago, 3point4win said:

Your behaviour to begin with was appalling,  he just took over from you and continued it. 

You brought them both to the club in turn making your club a circus.  The previous custodians of your club will be turning in graves. 

Players are managers pals they get away with murder nobody to keep them in check. 

Nobody at all at club maintaining standards it's all a big wind up and joke. 

I dont normally answer u as ur a fucking buffoon but I never brought gall to the club , mick I am guilty about but I think my 6 month chase to bring him in has been justified , the guy is respectful and a top manager 

18 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate the guy is entitled to his stag weekend he would have played but the other guys were injured so only daryl would have made a difference 

If they're all injured then that's a different story - however you don't have a stag do on the most important weekend of your club for 50 years or you basically don't give a toss 

18 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

This is the biggest load of pish I have ever heard.

Yes he is entitled to a stag do but he is a semi professional on hundreds of pounds a week. Have the stag do in the off season

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

This is the biggest load of pish I have ever heard.

Yes he is entitled to a stag do but he is a semi professional on hundreds of pounds a week. Have the stag do in the off season

Don’t be silly , the guy is an outstanding professional so no blame on megs 

27 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

What do you find likeable about anyone at Darvel? Classless. Sooner the circus comes to an end the better. 

They were perfectly hospitable when we went down there and helpful when we did our licencing work. Of course they skew all the finances with their budget but I wanted the West team to go up to break the log jam a bit anyway

23 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

What a sad inditement of the whole project. As soon as it goes tits up, nobody wanted to go up to the LL. Suck it up and tell the truth, you had plenty to say on the “journey”  

What I’m saying is that from a business point of view and aiming to be self-sufficient the LL league without the colts and less home games is not as good financially as the WOSL, my part of the journey ended almost 2 years ago so I’m not fussed either way.

7 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

They were perfectly hospitable when we went down there and helpful when we did our licencing work. Of course they skew all the finances with their budget but I wanted the West team to go up to break the log jam a bit anyway

I'm sure more than a few in Banjo country don't get any of this pyramid gig.

As long as they get in the big Scottish Cup every year they dont really give and eff.

Afraid progressive clubs in the West just need to live with it sadly as the LL turns into a East Junior league.

Tragic.

Edited by Glenconner