Darvel FC Thread

Not good to gloat but it's hard not to when the chairman of the club says, "Lowland League here we come!" after the final league game. Know it's the wrong forum but congratulations to Tranent. Couldn't see anything but a Darvel win but for Tranent to come to Darvel and win the match is to be commended.

To come back on that, to go away on the stag do is bad enough IMO, but to put up pics from it and plaster them all over socials on the eve of the game is just unforgivable.
Ultimately, they obviously didn’t care about progression that much - evident in the revisionism now taking place on it all being about the league - which makes the chairman’s comments about the LL even more odd.

The players not caring about promotion doesn't mean the same applies to the club. Darvel as a club clearly want to be in the SPFL, never mind the Lowland.

1 minute ago, Ignoramus said:

To come back on that, to go away on the stag do is bad enough IMO, but to put up pics from it and plaster them all over socials on the eve of the game is just unforgivable.

Ultimately, they obviously didn’t care about progression that much - evident in the revisionism now taking place on it all being about the league - which makes the chairman’s comments about the LL even more odd.

I think the manager and other people backing the club seem to genuinely want success, the money wouldn't be spent otherwise. A harsh lesson today though relying on charlatans who care more about posing as 'ballers in Marbs than trying to actually achieve anything.  Football especially lower down the chain is full of people like Darren Miller who completely lack professionalism.  Can't have serious ambitions with people like that involved. 

7 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

I think the manager and other people backing the club seem to genuinely want success, the money wouldn't be spent otherwise. A harsh lesson today though relying on charlatans who care more about posing as 'ballers in Marbs than trying to actually achieve anything.  Football especially lower down the chain is full of people like Darren Miller who completely lack professionalism.  Can't have serious ambitions with people like that involved. 

Well there's enough of the back room team! From the water bottle trolley man to the endless amounts of coaches it's pretty embaressing for them! 

What goes around comes around. There won’t be much sympathy from many fans of other WOSFL teams given the complete lack of class John Gall and most of the Darvel players showed when they won the league. The only bad thing about this is we all have to put up with them again next year. John Gall continues to make himself look like a fool. He’ll get a roasting from fans of other clubs next year as will players like Darren Miller if he is still playing. Classless to the end. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

25 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Tranent are clearly no mugs. 16 unbeaten going into the match today.

Unbeaten runs seems to be all the rage oot East. Linlithgow went something like 21 unbeaten after they brought in Gordon Herd.

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

We all know that gall is a clown but on the 90 minutes Tranent were easily the better team , but I for one and loads like us are delighted darvel are still in the wosfl , other teams might disagree 

I’m not having a dig but why would you want your team to get beat. 

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

We all know that gall is a clown but on the 90 minutes Tranent were easily the better team , but I for one and loads like us are delighted darvel are still in the wosfl , other teams might disagree 

Spending the type of money that Darvel have to win the WOS Premier is just ridiculous. Only half justifiable if they were having a serious tilt at SPFL2 next season. Allowing a clutch of important players to go on a Stag weekend beggars belief. I wanted Darvel to win as I actually do like the folk down there but this is stretching credibility 

1 minute ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Spending the type of money that Darvel have to win the WOS Premier is just ridiculous. Only half justifiable if they were having a serious tilt at SPFL2 next season. Allowing a clutch of important players to go on a Stag weekend beggars belief. I wanted Darvel to win as I actually do like the folk down there but this is stretching credibility 

What do you find likeable about anyone at Darvel? Classless. Sooner the circus comes to an end the better. 

Just now, Ceejayar said:

I know it probably doesn’t matter as the pie man will continue to throw in his cash but it’s surely a better business option staying in the WOSL.

What a sad inditement of the whole project. As soon as it goes tits up, nobody wanted to go up to the LL. Suck it up and tell the truth, you had plenty to say on the “journey”