Darvel FC Thread

5 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Tranent to play with one man up the park hoping on a breakaway or it finishes 0-0.

Pull it out the bag on penalties.

At which point the Wosfl would become a complete laughing stock.

Why do you say that about the WoSFL?

Edited by jimbaxters

19 hours ago, Shanner said:

Is it straight to penalties on Saturday if it's a draw after 90 minutes? 

I'm sure someone can correct me but its my understanding that each of the following Playoff games had finished as a draw after 90 m8nuits then each game would go to penalty kicks
Tranent             Vs   St Cuthbrts
St Cuthberts    Vs    Darvel
Darvel                Vs   Tranent

I'm sure that's the rules for each play off game, so goal difference doesn't count or hypothetically if each home team won on penalties 5.4 how would that be sorted ?

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm sure someone can correct me but its my understanding that each of the following Playoff games had finished as a draw after 90 m8nuits then each game would go to penalty kicks
Tranent             Vs   St Cuthbrts
St Cuthberts    Vs    Darvel
Darvel                Vs   Tranent

I'm sure that's the rules for each play off game, so goal difference doesn't count or hypothetically if each home team won on penalties 5.4 how would that be sorted ?

image.png.b87890f47eb2de1ee9b3f4df148c42e0.png

11 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Tranent to play with one man up the park hoping on a breakaway or it finishes 0-0.

Pull it out the bag on penalties.

At which point the Wosfl would become a complete laughing stock.

I don't think the WOSFL would be the laughing stock, this is relatively a new league and everyone is learning, working within guidelines set by the SFA rules.  Personally a few wee things could have been changed here and there but all in the WOSFL are doing a sterling job

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.c39c7b58211cac379d0a0436bd25b945.png

Taking shots when you're winning just shows how small you are.

Is he functioning with a full deck of cards? It seems like Darvel FC is just a vehicle for him to gain a bit of notoriety. It's bizarre behaviour to say the least.

Is he functioning with a full deck of cards? It seems like Darvel FC is just a vehicle for him to gain a bit of notoriety. It's bizarre behaviour to say the least.
Defo a sandwich sort for a picnic. The guy sounds like a tadger and a billy big baws look at me type of c##t. Am glad hes nowhere near my club. I do hope d£r£e£ win today and get promoted so we dont need 2 listen 2 his pish next season

Mon the papers

10 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Massive game for Darvel verus Tranent and all of the Wosfl.

A Darvel win will define the Wosfl for decades to come.

Got to agree, the WOSL will rejoice when the circus leaves the town.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

It reads like something a schoolchild would write, if he weren’t a successful businessman you would question his thinking.

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.c39c7b58211cac379d0a0436bd25b945.png

Taking shots when you're winning just shows how small you are.

The saddest part is that with his ego even criticism plays into his barra.

He's wrong too. Everyone wants them to win to get rid of his daft face...although admittedly, it would also be hilarious if they lost.

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The saddest part is that with his ego even criticism plays into his barra.

He's wrong too. Everyone wants them to win to get rid of his daft face...although admittedly, it would also be hilarious if they lost.

Everyone's a winner - he wins, we see the last of him (though his club will be back in a few years). He loses, the clubs get to laugh at him for another season.

EDIT : I do want Darvel to win and not just to get rid of them. It would be good to see a WoSFL club in the Lowland League. So if it had been Talbot, Pollok, Clydebank, Buffs I'd want them to win as well.

Edited by theesel1994