Darvel FC Thread

4 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I was worried about it coming down to who scores most against St. C. W. to see who gets promoted to LL but with it going to penalties after a draw this does away with that.

What's the chances of SCW getting a draw against either of them now?

DL. How much did you have on Darvel at 11/1 today at Chepstow. 

On 08/05/2022 at 17:11, Deanburn Dave said:

St Cuthberts Wanderers from Kirkcudbright won the South. Darvel won the West. Only the East to be decided this Saturday.....champions will be either Tranent or Penicuik. My money would be on Tranent.

Looks like all 3 Champions will have a licence. My understanding is that it will be settled over 3 games. AvB, BvC, CvA. Each team has 1 home game and 1 away game. I predict the South team will be the whipping boys.

Dates and rules still to be published.

Meadow thumped Penicuik in the cup so I`m guessing west sides are stronger than east, so I`d expect Darvel to waltz it through the play off tbh. That`s the ideal scenario, so as then we don`t need to listen JG wittering pish anymore

I tell you what, Darvel, will be missed when the move up the pyramid. The 700 views per day that this thread averages shows the interest in them.  I wonder who will become the most hated team then. 

Edited by Lurcer

17 minutes ago, Hawf time pie said:

Meadow thumped Penicuik in the cup so I`m guessing west sides are stronger than east, so I`d expect Darvel to waltz it through the play off tbh. That`s the ideal scenario, so as then we don`t need to listen JG wittering pish anymore

Out of the T6 West/East ties in the Scottish & SCC it's pretty close. 4 wins in 90 for the West, 4 wins in 90 for the East, 2 ties going into extra time with the West winning out. The main thing in Darvel's favour is that the home side always got the advantage.

Camelon Juniors 2-1 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (SCC)
Linlithgow Rose 2-1 Blantyre Victoria (SCC)
Sauchie Juniors 5-1 Troon (SCC)
Jeanfield Swifts 3-2 Darvel (SCC)

Irvine Meadow 2-1 Musselburgh Athletic (Scottish)
Cumbernauld United 1-0 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts (SCC)
Irvine Meadow XI 5-2 Penicuik Athletic (SCC)
Auchinleck Talbot 3-1 Sauchie Juniors (SCC)

Blantyre Victoria 3*-3 (4-1p) Broxburn Athletic (SCC)
Hurlford United 2-1 (aet.) Blackburn United (SCC)

19 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Very interesting.

Always nice to see someone from the Gallowgate doing well.

I did the new Darvel juniors tour today and seen his childhood home which is surely in the Calton ? 

8 minutes ago, 3point4win said:

Darvel are horrific for west region non league ex junior football,  get them up out the way and watch them crash and burn in time probably won't have to wait to long. 

Say what you mean mate and don’t let anybody hold you back. 

Darvel will have to keep spending to get out of the lowland league. Berwick are going to invest in their squad and I assume Cowdenbeath will do likewise if they end up in the LL. Might not be as easy to get promoted as folk think. 

16 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

Darvel will have to keep spending to get out of the lowland league. Berwick are going to invest in their squad and I assume Cowdenbeath will do likewise if they end up in the LL. Might not be as easy to get promoted as folk think. 

But not one of the relegated clubs has made it back up.

I tell you what, Darvel, will be missed when the move up the pyramid. The 700 views per day that this thread averages shows the interest in them.  I wonder who will become the most hated team then. 
I dont think anyone hates darvel i dont anyway i just find it all amusing n something 2 cheer me up when ive had a bad day lol

Mon the papers

3 hours ago, passbackdave said:

I dont think anyone hates darvel i dont anyway i just find it all amusing n something 2 cheer me up when ive had a bad day lol

Mon the papers

Most just a bit bemused by the classless wee-man behaviour of the pie weirdo and a couple of their players recently. There will be folk in Darvel that can't afford to heat their house and football club are giving it the loadsamoney routine. Joke or not it all seemed a bit Ill judged and cringey 

Most just a bit bemused by the classless wee-man behaviour of the pie weirdo and a couple of their players recently. There will be folk in Darvel that can't afford to heat their house and football club are giving it the loadsamoney routine. Joke or not it all seemed a bit Ill judged and cringey 
The pie man will get fed up spunking money into them and will pull out and leave them in the shite. As for there players and attitude what do u expect with mr ego himself kieran mcanespie as assistant manager. The guys a plamf thought he was billy big time when he was manager of us but he wasnt that good.

Mon the papers

15 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

The pie man will get fed up spunking money into them and will pull out and leave them in the shite. As for there players and attitude what do u expect with mr ego himself kieran mcanespie as assistant manager. The guys a plamf thought he was billy big time when he was manager of us but he wasnt that good.

Mon the papers

Throw it on 2 or 3 seasons.

Darvel get into the big leagues replacing say Albion Rovers.

And the money dries up.

Darvrl would still be left with the infrastructure, floodlights, cover, maybe more seats etc.

Not bad for a wee village former Junior club.

And they'd still be in the big Scottish Cup every year.