Darvel FC Thread

14 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Expected nowt else from an Ayr fan tbh.

In all honesty now that the alcohol has left the system congratulations to darvel on you league win it has been brilliant having a bit of banter with the supporters and I hope john and mick continues to pay you two to keep following their team. 

5 minutes ago, fb4 said:

In all honesty now that the alcohol has left the system congratulations to darvel on you league win it has been brilliant having a bit of banter with the supporters and I hope john and mick continues to pay you two to keep following their team. 

Ooooooft 😂

1 hour ago, 3point4win said:

Cycle of this club.... 

Wee club 

Two money men 

Win till they get bored and or move as far up as money will take them. 

Wee club crumble and start back down at bottom of pyramid where they will naturally stay forever more. 

Not sure what the crowd was yesterday, but I was expecting a bigger home support given the occasion. There's no growth to be had at Darvel to sustain what they are doing if there's a fall out or the financiers get bored. The long serving Darvel fans have every right to lap up current success as I'm sure they are wise enough to realise it won't last forever. 

Recreation Park looked magnificent yesterday. The maligned playing surface, floodlights, perimeter fence, professional dugouts, everything looking pristine shiny and new. Fair play for investing in the infrastructure of the club, at least there is a legacy there if things change in the boardroom. 

Congratulations to the Darvel playing squad and management on winning the league, yes they probably have the highest budget, biggest squad, biggest coaching team and the park scenario led them to play umpteen games in a short time( something that almost always happens to successful clubs at this level) but they still had to win the games which they did. It will now be interesting to see what happens in the play-offs. Unfortunately not for the first time the classless comments from the top of the tree sours the victory slightly, unlike the managers gesture of giving his medal away to a lady who has served the club for many years, a bit of class shown there from Mick Kennedy.

So what's next for Darvel? Can anyone spell out the play off schedule and opponents?
St Cuthberts Wanderers from Kirkcudbright won the South. Darvel won the West. Only the East to be decided this Saturday.....champions will be either Tranent or Penicuik. My money would be on Tranent.

Looks like all 3 Champions will have a licence. My understanding is that it will be settled over 3 games. AvB, BvC, CvA. Each team has 1 home game and 1 away game. I predict the South team will be the whipping boys.

Dates and rules still to be published.

33 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

St Cuthberts Wanderers from Kirkcudbright won the South. Darvel won the West. Only the East to be decided this Saturday.....champions will be either Tranent or Penicuik. My money would be on Tranent.

Looks like all 3 Champions will have a licence. My understanding is that it will be settled over 3 games. AvB, BvC, CvA. Each team has 1 home game and 1 away game. I predict the South team will be the whipping boys.

The South team probably will be - maybe this is why it's 2 points for a win on penalties. You could have a situation where West beats South 6-0 and East beats South 5-0. West and East draw. At least with it going to penalties it doesn't matter how much you scud them.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Thanks for that. Is winner automatically promoted or is there further play off v LL team?

27 minutes ago, Thesoccerguy said:

How do we think darvel will cope with these games? Don’t no much about either league or think darvel will have too much for them ?

Everyone expects Darvel to be too strong but you never know as these are basically cup ties...

They lost 3-2 to EOS 4th place team Jeanfield in the cup, though that was away in midweek and they gifted them soft early goals. 

St Cuthbert only lost 3-2 to Linlithgow in the cup and they host Darvel midweek in deepest darkest Dumfries and Galloway. Going by the club rankings they are not that much better than Bonnyton - though of course we know that even Bonnyton managed to win against Pollok.

Everyone expects Darvel to be too strong but you never know as these are basically cup ties...
They lost 3-2 to EOS 4th place team Jeanfield in the cup, though that was away in midweek and they gifted them soft early goals. 
St Cuthbert only lost 3-2 to Linlithgow in the cup and they host Darvel midweek in deepest darkest Dumfries and Galloway. Going by the club rankings they are not that much better than Bonnyton - though of course we know that even Bonnyton managed to win against Pollok.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Darvel & Tranent hitting double figures against St Cuthberts.

I was worried about it coming down to who scores most against St. C. W. to see who gets promoted to LL but with it going to penalties after a draw this does away with that.

What's the chances of SCW getting a draw against either of them now?