Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Good game at Recreation Park today. Buffs gave it a right good go. 

Congratulations to the Darvel fans that stuck with the club during the long lean years, happy for them. 

Very young side Kilwinning but very impressive they were , gives the new gaffer something to build on 

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Good game at Recreation Park today. Buffs gave it a right good go. 

Congratulations to the Darvel fans that stuck with the club during the long lean years, happy for them. 

Thats fair comment. 

25 minutes ago, andy25 said:
34 minutes ago, Newguy said:
Really?  Was Darvel the only team that signed players?

Their the team paying silly money to players that could probably play in the Championship.

You shouldn’t be so shocked and upset that they won it then?

No I'm glad they won it and hopefully win the playoffs as it gets them to fcuk out the wos league.

8 minutes ago, andy25 said:
15 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

No I'm glad they won it and hopefully win the playoffs as it gets them to fcuk out the wos league.

No trying to wind anyone up but this comment is quite regular so why would you want rid of a good team of a high standard.
All I've ever known playing against a much higher, superior team is always wanted to test yourself and see how you fair individually and as a team.
I'm speaking of this objectively, on the outside looking in, unless there's something I don't know about.
As a fan of Talbot, or even any team in the WOS id only be interested in winning, getting an SFA licensed to play in the Scottish cup and get into the Lowland league

Went along to this today. I found it strange how far away you are from the goals when standing behind them. Kirkpatrick and Stirling were probably the standouts and I thought Darvel were poor when the former got subbed off. Also does Ross Caldwell always play in midfield? Has played as a striker everywhere else he’s been and today just kinda passed him by.

Hopefully Darvel push on now and win the playoffs for all us in the Wosfl.

It's vitally important that our top teams move up and onwards.

On a side note, Bonnyrigg Rose beat Cowdenbeath 3-0 in the first leg of the LL/SFL2 promotion/relegation battle.

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

No trying to wind anyone up but this comment is quite regular so why would you want rid of a good team of a high standard.
All I've ever known playing against a much higher, superior team is always wanted to test yourself and see how you fair individually and as a team.
I'm speaking of this objectively, on the outside looking in, unless there's something I don't know about.
As a fan of Talbot, or even any team in the WOS id only be interested in winning, getting an SFA licensed to play in the Scottish cup and get into the Lowland league

I, I, I, me, me, me.